ASUS N76V, cannot get HD 4000 work, tried all methods

tgn3000

3 posts in this topic

I have been trying this out for five days, but my HD4000 is very tough.

My laptop is ASUS N76V: 3630QM (HD4000) + Geforce635M + HM76 + DDR3 4GBx2 + HDD + SSD + other trivial hardware info (maybe)

I have two systems: Win 7 + Mavericks 10.9.5. I used Niresh 10.9 and updated it myself.

I am using the latest Chameleon (rev.2510) to boot. I used to use Clover (also the latest) and GPT+EFI to boot. Still the same Graphic problem.

Now the system knows GPU memory is 1024MB, and QE/CI is enabled. BUT! My screen only displays the left half of the screen.

When I open many windows, the screen does not flash nor go crazy, so I conclude the graphic card is "working well".

Anyone could help me, please? I have been dying trying. Thanks a lot!

My o.c.b.p is this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EnableDualLink</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1600x900x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectIntel-ig</key>
<string>03006601</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v npci=0x2000 dart=0</string>
<key>SkipNvidiaGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I do read a LOT threads from the BBS in my country, but no one figures this out. I wish I could have solutions here. Thx!

Gary

post-1441271-0-08547700-1417935096_thumb.png

First off, don't use the MacPro3,1 SMBios. Use the MacBookPro10,1 one instead as the MBP10,1 has the exact same processor.

You left out the screen resolution. If it is 1366x768 or higher you'll need to enable dual link (which in your chameleon config there you've disabled). If it is under 1366x768 you'll disable it. This will most likely solve your problem.

If that doesn't work it's most likely the wrong ig-platform-id and you need to change it into an applicable one.

01660009 and 01660003 are normal laptop ig-platform-ids with different LVDS connectors. If that doesn't work, try every single one from 01660000 - 0166000B.

Clover can also try to inject the correct platform-id by having "InjectIntel" sat as true in the config.

Chameleon uses the "IntelCapriFB=X" boot argument where X is the last number in the 0166000X hex. Try IntelCapriFB=9 or IntelCapriFB=3 for example. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288241-intel-hd4000-and-haswell-inject-aaplig-platform-id/

A few other tips:

• Use Clover, that's hands down the best bootloader out there and will solve a lot of problems.
  • Generate your SSDT using ssdtPRGen or find one on the net.
  • Once you're ready, upgrade to Yosemite and get rid of the nasty Niresh {censored} by installing OS X properly using Clover or MyHack. Distros are horrendous.
  • If you don't have a custom DSDT yet, start learning about how to patch one if you want a properly working laptop. 

• Like 1

P5QMac,

Thank you so much! I used Chameleon Wiz to update SMbios to MBP9,2, and then modified o.c.b.p properly. It turned out my platform ID is 4. Interesting! Now my HD4000 works. Thanks!

Gary