P5G41C-M LX - E5400 - 4GB DDR3 - evga 610 1GB

annabel82

7 posts in this topic

i just wanted to put this out there, i have built a little second hand, poverty spec, rig for something and wanted to share my success. This install is total childs play.

Asus P5G41C-M LX (i have not tested, but assume the P5G41T, without DDR2 slots, will work)

Intel E5400 (try and get a quad core if you can)

4GB DDR3 (The C series board takes DDR2 instead if you have some floating around)

evga geforce 610 1GB

Yosemite using unib**st method installs flawlessly without DSDT, not a single switch typed at boot. (You obviously need to keep booting from Yosemite install USB but selecting your HDD partition until easyb**st is installed)

10.10.1 installs flawlessly.

Used multbeast 7.1.1 with options:

- Easyb**st

- Network -> RealtekRTL81***

- Audio -> VoodooHDA 2.7.3

The evga geforce 610 1GB gives native dual output over VGA and DVI and is fully accelerated.

Remember to use TRIM enabler if you're using an SSD.

Hope this helps someone  :)

i just wanted to put this out there, i have built a little second hand, poverty spec, rig for something and wanted to share my success. This install is total childs play.

Asus P5G41C-M LX (i have not tested, but assume the P5G41T, without DDR2 slots, will work)

Intel E5400 (try and get a quad core if you can)

4GB DDR3 (The C series board takes DDR2 instead if you have some floating around)

evga geforce 610 1GB

Yosemite using unib**st method installs flawlessly without DSDT, not a single switch typed at boot. (You obviously need to keep booting from Yosemite install USB but selecting your HDD partition until easyb**st is installed)

10.10.1 installs flawlessly.

Used multbeast 7.1.1 with options:

- Easyb**st

- Network -> RealtekRTL81***

- Audio -> VoodooHDA 2.7.3

The evga geforce 610 1GB gives native dual output over VGA and DVI and is fully accelerated.

Remember to use TRIM enabler if you're using an SSD.

Hope this helps someone  :)

Me never used Junk(and maybe another people don't like) from Tony's sites,least Easyb'st..junk heap :blowup:

Thank's for yor Help :hysterical:

@Husaber i understand he takes other people's work and uses it as his own, but for me, i just want to click a couple boxes, restart my hac, and do something else with my day if i am honest :)

maybe you need to read more for Tony's site:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/278907-permanently-banned-from-tonymacx86/

Yes. Tony is a thief, blatantly accuses people of piracy while taking credit of his "contributions", and bans everyone who even mentions InsanelyMac. Of course, there's more, but yeah.