Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H after Yosemite: Most USB ports don't work

The Shaun

5 posts in this topic

Certainly a very particular problem:  I upgraded from myHack install of 10.9.5 to Yosemite using MacPwn.  Decided it was time to move from Chameleon to Clover.  I am using the RampageDev Haswell DMG SSDT patches for my board.

Took me a while to get things running, but everything seems to be A-OK now.  Everything except the fact that about half of my USB ports don't work.  All of these ports worked in Mavericks and they work in Windows, it's just Yosemite.  I found a post on "another" forum where someone with a UD3H board had the same problem, but no one replied and the OP never said if he got it working.

I'm not sure where exactly the issue lies, but I have a feeling it has something to do with the SSDT patches.  At this point, I'm scared to disable them because I fear it'll break this install and I've already had to bring it back from the dead (boot was hanging due to the Graphics HW monitor plugins in FakeSMC.kext, which I had to delete, and now that error is gone).

Any ideas at all to try?  I'm at my wits end. I can't think of anything else.  

Your USB problem is strange and might be related to some DSDT / SSDT misconfiguration or Clover config.plist misconfiguration. I'm having similar chipset (H97) and am not using any SSDTs for the CPU PM (having native XCPM mode) just via the correct Clover config.plist and fully working USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.

Also, are you completely sure that you don't have any of these GenericUSBEHCI XCI kexts lying in /S/L/E or in the Clover kexts directory?

I wrote this Yosemite guide for my motherboard and it might be helpful for you since there is a lot of detailed info.

• Like 2

HI,

probably the same here. I'm using the GA-Z97M (the uATX version of your board) and have all the USB ports working except the bottom one on the front panel of a Bitfenix Prodigee M case. I didn't make much of it.

I am using NO DSDT or SSDT and the on-board HD4600 graphics (Full QE/CI). All this wit Clover.

I should start removing your DSDT and SSDT.

Rgds

Also, are you completely sure that you don't have any of these GenericUSBEHCI XCI kexts lying in /S/L/E or in the Clover kexts directory?

Man, I owe you one.  That was it.  Totally slipped my mind that it can cause weird USB issues.  All ports are working great now :)

• Like 1