Status of Unlocker 2.0

Donk

226 posts in this topic

Thanks for everyone involved in this.

One thing still bothers me. Is it possible to have multiple screens?

I get the message that this is not supported. Is that because of the way VMWare designed it or do I have a problem?

Greetings

Sebastian

How is the ESXi 6.0 testing going Donk? GA release of 6 is soon approaching and curious whether it would be possible to add osx support or not. Keep up the great work,

Can't get it working on RC GA even though the same code seems to be present and the current unlocker 2 actually patches the tables correctly. Will have to wait and see when we get GA release.

Can't get it working on RC GA even though the same code seems to be present and the current unlocker 2 actually patches the tables correctly. Will have to wait and see when we get GA release.

OK, no problem. Let me know if you need me to test, I have a ESXi 5.5 server running yosemite and mavericks and a HD7750 passed though with no issues.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yosemite 10.10.2 hardware 11 with smc entry on Workstation 11 Win 8.1 x64

It will run once & on restart of the VM it will either not load, or can not login etc

Only way is to close WKS 11 & restart all Vmware services (Authorization & Workstation Server)

Then it works again.

Just me or somebody seen something like it?

sebus

I have a real server running ESXi 6 now and so will check out the work I did for unlocking ESXi 6. I will update this thread if I make any progress.

Donk,

I also have a real ESXi 6 server, so give me a shout if I can be of any assistance.

It's the same as the RC, no go. The patches apply OK, but the ESXi code is always looking for the real SMC controller, and never hits the code that reads the patched virtual SMC table. Will keep digging and let you know if there is a breakthrough for you to test.

• Like 1

It's the same as the RC, no go. The patches apply OK, but the ESXi code is always looking for the real SMC controller, and never hits the code that reads the patched virtual SMC table. Will keep digging and let you know if there is a breakthrough for you to test.

The only way i would think it's doing this is via a direct EFI call.. Or via a register/memory address?.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any update to ESXI 6.0 Support?

I have one server on 5.5 just to continue using OS X.  The others are 6.0 at my home lab. 

If you need some hardware running ESXI to work with let me know and I can set you up on my VPN.

Any update to ESXI 6.0 Support?

I have one server on 5.5 just to continue using OS X.  The others are 6.0 at my home lab. 

If you need some hardware running ESXI to work with let me know and I can set you up on my VPN.

Still having problems. I think I need to stop ESXi trying to read a real SMC but finding a reliable way to do this is proving difficult. On top of this I haven't much time at the moment due to work commitments. Not given up but it is on the back burner for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Still having problems. I think I need to stop ESXi trying to read a real SMC but finding a reliable way to do this is proving difficult. On top of this I haven't much time at the moment due to work commitments. Not given up but it is on the back burner for now.

I'm wondering if you think I could be of any assistance with the ESXi patches.  I have a current version of IDA Pro with the decompiler plugins etc, but my experience is more in the ARM side (iPhone stuff).  If you think there is anything I can do to help I'd be happy to... especially if you point me in the general direction, I can usually figure things out  :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wondering if you think I could be of any assistance with the ESXi patches.  I have a current version of IDA Pro with the decompiler plugins etc, but my experience is more in the ARM side (iPhone stuff).  If you think there is anything I can do to help I'd be happy to... especially if you point me in the general direction, I can usually figure things out  :)

Sorry I missed you post. I cannot get the remote GDB debugging working. As soon as I attach to the process the debugger returns and the process ends. If you have any ideas you can email me at d_a_v_e_@_d_a_v_e_p_a_r_s_o_n_s_._n_e_t. I have been trying with Hopper Disassembler but you may have more luck.

• 5 weeks later...
https://download3.vmware.com/software/wkst/file/VMware-workstation-full-11.1.1-2771112.exe

Does current Unlocker work with new version?

sebus

Yes

• Like 1

Good news!  Donk and I managed to get OSX to work on ESXi6 - I expect once he has a chance to finish testing it and to update the automagic patching code we'll have an unlocker updated supporting ESXi6  :D

Good news!  Donk and I managed to get OSX to work on ESXi6 - I expect once he has a chance to finish testing it and to update the automagic patching code we'll have an unlocker updated supporting ESXi6  :D

Thanks to Sam's great detective work I can confirm that last piece of the puzzle has been found for ESXi 6. I will work on the code now to add the last patches into ESXi 6. It will be a couple of days, and likely the weekend before I can get this all done, due to other commitments. Attached a screenshot for your viewing please. And once again thanks to Sam for his work on getting this working.

post-142645-0-53830700-1434009444_thumb.png

• Like 2

Thanks to Sam's great detective work I can confirm that last piece of the puzzle has been found for ESXi 6. I will work on the code now to add the last patches into ESXi 6. It will be a couple of days, and likely the weekend before I can get this all done, due to other commitments. Attached a screenshot for your viewing please. And once again thanks to Sam for his work on getting this working.

Brlliant news! Look forward to the release. Where/how can one donate for such excellent efforts?