Status of Unlocker 2.0

Donk

226 posts in this topic

Drblink, I managed to get the resolution working but the only problem I have is I can't get it to show 1366 x 768. How can I get this to work?

Have you tried switchresx to set the custom resolution?

And by the way, I want to give a big thanks to the community! :wub:

everyone with 10.10 performance issues needs to run beamoff in the VM, it works great afterwards. https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2014/12/13/improving-yosemite-vm-performance-in-vmware-fusion/ 

the TL;DR: like in video games, OS X uses vsync now, which causes really low screen refreshes in the VM, this beamoff app turns off Apple's version of vsync. note that it has to run every login.

everyone with 10.10 performance issues needs to run beamoff in the VM, it works great afterwards. https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2014/12/13/improving-yosemite-vm-performance-in-vmware-fusion/ 

the TL;DR: like in video games, OS X uses vsync now, which causes really low screen refreshes in the VM, this beamoff app turns off Apple's version of vsync. note that it has to run every login.

:o :o :o :o :o

It worked! Went from 5FPS~ to probably at least 45FPS (tested through Remote Desktop since I'm not at the computer to test).

I used the installer so that it runs automatically at login.

This looks like a problem with VMwareGfx.  There's a function called GetBeamPosition in one of the interfaces used to report beam position to the OS.  It's supposed to always return 0 for a device that doesn't have a beam position - but instead it returns an error code.  Looks like this was tolerated in Mavericks but is not tolerated in Yosemite.  :surprised:

what tool?

I couldn't get higher then 1024x768,  installed vmtools, etc..  change monitor settings in the profile..

nothing workings.

vm 10.0  works great.. no problems..

For me with VM 10 Mavericks works always in full HD 1920x1080, without installing vmware tools nor VMsvga.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mr. Donk,

I have used your unlocked for years.

Thank you so much for working on this again. I am very much looking forward to the fix of the server check for Snow Leopard. I have tons of PowerPC software that I would NOT like to go to waste.

I will not bother you with this again. I just wanted to let you know that there was someone out there that still wanted this function.

Thank you very much.

-RichardAA

Hello Mr. Donk,

I have used your unlocked for years.

Thank you so much for working on this again. I am very much looking forward to the fix of the server check for Snow Leopard. I have tons of PowerPC software that I would NOT like to go to waste.

I will not bother you with this again. I just wanted to let you know that there was someone out there that still wanted this function.

Thank you very much.

-RichardAA

Can you try this new EFI ROM file for me please? Only for 64-bit Leopard/Snow Leopard at present.

Unzip file and place in the same folder as the guest, and add a line to the guest VMX file:

efi64.filename = "donk.rom"

The internals seem to have changed so the best way is to change the server check in the EFI firmware rather than hack the vmware-vmx files. I ill see if I can automate the change.

@RichardAA, obvious option is to stay on WKS10, easy....

And of course this option is still OK.

donk.rom.zip

Hello,

I am using a MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.8 15" Mid-2014

VMware Fusion 7.0

To Mr. Sebus, 

I use Macs so using WKS10 is not on option.

thank you.

To Mr. Donk,

Even though Snow Leopard would boot on my older MacBooks using older OSs and Fusion 6 or Fusion 5. The older Fusions would not work on my new MacBook, I could not boot nor install Snow Leopard Client, even though SN Server would work. Originally when I tried to boot SN Client on my new MB using OS 10.9.4 and Fusion 6 or Fusion 7 I would get a black/grey screen of death. But, all thanks to Mr.  Donk, once I tried the the new unlocked202 I was able to boot the Snow Leopard disk but it would stop at the server check. BUT NOW....  I have tried the Donk.rom now I am booting and installing Show Leopard Client. THANK YOU again MR. Donk.I will update you on my progress on the Snow Leopard system updates. 

-RichardAA

Hello,

I am using a MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.8 15" Mid-2014

VMware Fusion 7.0

To Mr. Sebus, 

I use Macs so using WKS10 is not on option.

thank you.

To Mr. Donk,

Even though Snow Leopard would boot on my older MacBooks using older OSs and Fusion 6 or Fusion 5. The older Fusions would not work on my new MacBook, I could not boot nor install Snow Leopard Client, even though SN Server would work. Originally when I tried to boot SN Client on my new MB using OS 10.9.4 and Fusion 6 or Fusion 7 I would get a black/grey screen of death. But, all thanks to Mr.  Donk, once I tried the the new unlocked202 I was able to boot the Snow Leopard disk but it would stop at the server check. BUT NOW....  I have tried the Donk.rom now I am booting and installing Show Leopard Client. THANK YOU again MR. Donk.I will update you on my progress on the Snow Leopard system updates. 

-RichardAA

Great - pleased it is working for you. do you need the 32-bit EFI firmware as well? I will look into ways of adding to Unlocker 2.

Hello Mr. Donk,

Thank you for your responses and all of your miraculous work. It is very, very much appreciated.

Yes, if it is not too much trouble, a 32-bit version would be a wonderful.

By the way, I was able to install Mac OS X Update 10.6.8 v1.1 on Fusion 7. Thank you very much. 

The sound card is not working yet. I have not yet gone through the procedures that worked in the past. I will keep you apprised if you want.

Thank you again.

-RichardAA  

Just catching up on the thread, but I've pulled a copy of the donk.rom and will be trying this tonight! I think my 10.5 and 10.6 are both 64-bit, but I can imagine that some might be running 32. Excited to know that this has worked for someone else... Will post again once I've tried it.

Many thanks, Donk. One wonders why they bother leaving those checks in for such old releases...

Added new EFI firmware files to remove Server check for 10.5 and 10.6.

If you are using a 32-bit installation of OS X:

1. Copy efi32-srvr.rom to guest folder.
2. Edit the vmx file and add:

efi32.filename = "efi32-srvr.rom"

If you are using a 64-bit installation of OS X:

1. Copy efi64-srvr.rom to guest folder.

2. Edit the vmx file and add:

efi64.filename = "efi64-srvr.rom"
  • Like 2