GTX 750 on Yosemite 10.10 Black screen

xkurosogi

14 posts in this topic

motherboard: ASUS p8h61 m plus v-3. http://www.asus.com/sg/Motherboards/P8H61M_PLUS_V3/specifications/
GPU : ASUS gtx 750 2GB PHOC
Processor : i5 3470

I installed OS X Yosemite 10.10, and The webdriver 01f03 from nvidia
When I tried to boot with flag -v nvda_drv=1
post-1260464-0-41136300-1417641578_thumb.jpg

Sorry for reposting the same issue , this is my another attempts of trying.
It ends up with Agpm controller unknown platform, and then black screen ( no signal)
Please help me to fix this problem

EDIT

AGPM remained the same, Yosemite booted well.
I did upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.1 and installed the newest driver.

Untitled.tiff

As shown, i added 

<key>GraphicsEnabler=Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I also added PCIRootUID=1  in bootflag   , my graphic card is showing the right amount of memory after adding this bootflag.

DVi is working now. will try with HDMI soon
  • Like 1

Haha it's okay, you are helpful !

I installed it using Yosemite zone , I chose chameleon boot loader .

Yeah tried it gives the same result . I tried to boot with nv_disable=1, without boot flag , nvda_drv=1

It will gives the same error Agpm unknown platform. nv_disable=1 and without boot flag will boot in successfully without acceleration and Os x do not recognize my gtx750.

Do I need to edit the Agpm?

Thanks for the APGM info

Yes, my Vga port works . Tried to flash palit gtx750 1Gb my card brick . Luckily can re flash back

I don't know what else can I try

Reinstall using IGPU while plug out the PCI-e card?

Someone said it works

Gonna try in a few day

Thanks for the APGM info

Yes, my Vga port works . Tried to flash palit gtx750 1Gb my card brick . Luckily can re flash back

I don't know what else can I try

Reinstall using IGPU while plug out the PCI-e card?

Someone said it works

Gonna try in a few day

I don't think reinstalling will do you any good, the installation is exactly the same regardless of which GPU you use. I suppose you could try booting with igpu but that would leave you with no boot screen and probably wouldn't help your issue. I think your best bet at this point is to exchange it for another 750 card that is known to be fully compatible - as far as I know the only known ones currently are the gigabyte 750ti (with the latest bios), the Asus 750 ti with palit bios, and the palit 750 ti.

Since you have igpu you could use that while the new card is on it's way. If you ordered from amazon (and I'm pretty sure newegg), if you want to do an exchange they will send you a new card with a return slip for your old card so you don't have any downtime. I'm not sure if this applies to buying a different card. All you need to say for the reason you are returning is that it only works on the VGA port, no need to mention hackintosh or anything.

I don't think reinstalling will do you any good, the installation is exactly the same regardless of which GPU you use. I suppose you could try booting with igpu but that would leave you with no boot screen and probably wouldn't help your issue. I think your best bet at this point is to exchange it for another 750 card that is known to be fully compatible - as far as I know the only known ones currently are the gigabyte 750ti (with the latest bios), the Asus 750 ti with palit bios, and the palit 750 ti.

Since you have igpu you could use that while the new card is on it's way. If you ordered from amazon (and I'm pretty sure newegg), if you want to do an exchange they will send you a new card with a return slip for your old card so you don't have any downtime. I'm not sure if this applies to buying a different card. All you need to say for the reason you are returning is that it only works on the VGA port, no need to mention hackintosh or anything.

thank you for the advices. since i have igpu,  i will try to flash Gigabyte and palit bios again. also the asus one with 1gb.

Sadly, the gigabyte gtx750 2gb does not support bios reading ( most probably prevent extraction of bios)

Play around smbios to see any different.

Ok . which smbios are u using?

Doesn't support bios reading? How do they expect anyone to backup their bios before a bios update? Strange.

I think only certain cards has this problem.

I tried to extract bios from a GTX750 Gigabyte 2Gb using GPU-Z by techpowerup , it shows not supported bios reading .

I also found GTx 750 gigabyte 2Gb Bios from their official website, it has different format and only can be use by their official Card

I don't have the GTX750 that, i think web driver work best with Mac Pro 3,1

I installed the web Driver and booted OS X while using smbios 3,1

It leads to black screen while booting

• 2 weeks later...