Turn off Laptop LCD on hdmi external monitor

bgrau

5 posts in this topic

I have been posting a lot of queries for my Acer W700 HM77 hybrid tablet, and I managed to get it to operate Mac OS X Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite to external HDMI monitor (internal panel  LCD not working because eDP Intel HD3000 has no driver support).

With Lion and Maverick, the LCD screen stays switched off and I can use OS X on the external HDMI monitor.

For some reason, on Yosemite, the LCD panel of the Tablet switches on, and remains switched on, so the screen is blank, but consuming energy as the backlight light switches on on boot.

Is there a way to switch it off, why have it on if it is useless, and it affects the lifetime of the internal screen.

Any ideas on how to turn off mirroring and forcing only the external screen on.

Mavericks and Lion is lucky, I wish to have it on Yosemite.

• 10 months later...

LOL!

Answering myself after almost a year ;)

Go to settings > Displays > select Optimise for Display > slide the Brightness to zero.

The LCD of the laptop will get black, and that of the HDMI out on the external screen will be the only one alight.

No need to close the laptop lid.

• Like 2

LOL!

Answering myself after almost a year ;)

Go to settings > Displays > select Optimise for Display > slide the Brightness to zero.

The LCD of the laptop will get black, and that of the HDMI out on the external screen will be the only one alight.

No need to close the laptop lid.

Welcome back, new "you". :)

You definitely learned something during all this time here.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...