DSDT Asus F550L (X550LD)

Fede-Bad95

98 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I have a problem with outputting of battery life and brightness of my asus. I read to enable all of the patches to be applied dsdt, I do not know how to apply the patch. I enclose my DSDT extract the boot of clover with F4 thank you in advance for the help.

excuse me for my English I'm using google translator.

DSDT.rar

Hello everyone, I have a problem with outputting of battery life and brightness of my asus. I read to enable all of the patches to be applied dsdt, I do not know how to apply the patch. I enclose my DSDT extract the boot of clover with F4 thank you in advance for the help.

excuse me for my English I'm using google translator.

Look here for battery patches for use with ACPIBatteryManager.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Haswell Brightness Fix:

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. Your GFX0 device is in one of the SSDTs not DSDT and to get a proper disassembly of your DSDT (and the SSDT that has GFX0) you will need all of them. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic. Place them on USB for transfer to OS X.

It is not necessary to install Linux. Simply run it from USB: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows

In Linux Terminal:

# substitute DEST with the mountpoint of a FAT32 formatted USB stick
sudo cp -R /sys/firmware/acpi/tables DEST
Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory (rename them to *.aml as you move them) and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/acpica/downloads

cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da -dl *.aml
Then search the resulting *.dsl so you know where GFX0 is defined. Search for "Device (GFX0)"...

Laptop repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (to both DSDT and the SSDT that has your GFX0 device)

Apply: "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" to the file (SSDT or DSDT) with GFX0 device definition.

install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Place patched DSDT.aml in /Extra/dsdt.aml. Place patched SSDT in /Extra/ssdt-1.aml (assuming you have already generated SSDT.aml for CPU). Obviously different locations for Clover (EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).

Result: Working brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays (mapping of keyboard keys is a separate issue), possible LID sleep, and IGPU power management.

hello rehabman thanks for helping me but I have a problem I can not extract the files with ubuntu do the terminal command and I do not be extracted nothings

The files are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables. Copy them to a USB to work on them in OS X.

I did it I'm trying to apply the patch but I by 5 errors in dsdt and do not know how to correct them if you do not correct it will not let me save the dsdt with patches

No idea without seeing the code and errors.

you excuse me xD I enclose all the extracted files if you can give him a kindly controlled thank you for your time

I disassemble with 'iasl -da -dl *.aml dynamic/*.aml'...

You can fix the PARSEOP_ZERO errors with:

into_all all code_regex (\s+Zero){2,} remove_matched;
Then use "Fix ADBG Error" (from my repo).

Now you're left with the error in SBRN. You can see it is referring to GFX0.GCBL, which doesn't exist anywhere (you can grep all the *.dsl files). So... this code will never work on OS X. Just remove it.

into method label SBRN replace_content begin /*nothing*/ end;
That leaves one more error, which can just be removed:

# quick and dirty regex that matches the line
into method label STBR code_regex Divide.*Multiply.*DerefOf.*PWAC.*0x64.*\) remove_matched;

I managed to patch the battery is now recognized, I miss you patch your ssdt8 containing the hd440 but I can not fix the errors you may give him a controlled please thanks for your time.

I don't see an issue. The file you uploaded compiles without errors.

RehabMan I was able to apply the fix to ssdt8 I extracted with SSDT ssdtprgen applied the fix to ssdt8 and I renamed SSDT-1 restart I brightness to maximum, but not allow me to adjust the settings. maybe it's the fault of NVIDIA optimus? where can I find the fix to disable it? if I saw well should you find in ssdt9

RehabMan I was able to apply the fix to ssdt8 I extracted with SSDT ssdtprgen applied the fix to ssdt8 and I renamed SSDT-1 restart I brightness to maximum, but not allow me to adjust the settings. maybe it's the fault of NVIDIA optimus? where can I find the fix to disable it? if I saw well should you find in ssdt9

Many times ACPIBacklight won't work in an Optimus system until you disable nvidia...

But first let's check your configuration...

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.

Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,

rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract
Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg using IORegistryExplorer v2.1.

I resolved to raise or lower the brightness from the panel was enough to remove ACPI-Backlight.kext repaired permissions and cache. now I have left to disable the NVIDIA. RehabMan I have a little problem with the bluetooth is always access and I can not turn it off how can I solve it? I just wasted battery. Were only two things then my hack is complete: D

EDIT: ok I extract and place immediately

I resolved to raise or lower the brightness from the panel was enough to remove ACPI-Backlight.kext repaired permissions and cache.

Yes, but you now do not have the full range of backlight control... (requires building an injector, patching EDID, or patching AppleBacklight's Info.plist). And you don't have smooth transitions between the different levels of backlight.

If you disable nvidia (assuming all is right with your DSDT/SSDT patches for backlight), you'll be able to use ACPIBacklight.kext... and have smooth transitions and the full range of backlight control...

now I have left to disable the NVIDIA.

It is usually pretty simple:

- find the SSDT(s) responsible for your nvidia (will usually have PEGP/PEG0 objects).

- find _OFF method.

- call _OFF() from the corresponding _INI method

RehabMan I have a little problem with the bluetooth is always access and I can not turn it off how can I solve it? I just wasted battery. Were only two things then my hack is complete: D

If you don't need BT, tape the pins that connect it to the USB bus.

files

EDIT:for bluetooth internal usb not how can I turn it off or make it work and use it when I need it?

Two problems:

- the ioreg shows ACPIBacklight.kext is not installed.

- your DSDT has a PNLF patch, which overrides the PNLF patch you have in the SSDT