What I need to upgrade?

EZY

20 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I would like to know what components I need to upgrade to be able to install Yosemite?

I am ready to spend approximately $250.

My PC:

Intel E5200 2x2.5 GHz

Gigabyte EP31-DS3L

Kingmax 2x2 GB DDR2

Sapphire HD 4670 1GB

Hard drive #1 150GB , #2 80 GB

WiFi adapter D-link DWL-G122

You could grab a 1155 cpu suck celeron or pentium and gigabyte motherboard and a graphics card such asus gt610.

If you want 1150 cpu must be core i3, not celeron and not pentium.

If you want the old one that, you may try to run yosemite, if not going than you can get core 2 duo

After that it would run for you. On that is a low end computer.

I checked prices for i3 and 1155 platform and it is pretty expensive, I think I will go with 775 platform, Q6600 quad core, some gigabyte motherboard and some other gpu.

I found on some local forum that somebody installed Mavericks on Q6600,  P43-ES3G F13, 4GB DDR2 ram, Corsair 450W and HD 6870, and as he says, install went without any problems, same goes for performance, no lag or sluggishenes at all.

I had problems while I tried to install snow leopard, but installing leopard was successful.

You think Yosemite is compatible with this configuration?

Yes, compatible. Except, may be WiFi.

The CPU is Wolfdale with 64bit instructions. It is supported by Yosemite.

But I cant even install Windows in 64 bit on my configuration.

I'm not sure why that would be, what happens when you try to install? That's a different problem entirely but sounds like a bios configuration problem or something.

According to Intel's specs it supports 64-bit and the motherboard does as well. I don't remember if windows 8 has a separate 32 bit installer or not. But like I said it could be a bios setting or something. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to install any 64-bit os you like. Make sure you have the latest bios.

since 10.8 OSX,  minimum HW is:  Graphic  QE/CI  x64 cpu

Google HCL 10.8 10.9 for the parts you are going to buy.

Intel E5200 2x2.5 GHz        x64 OK

Gigabyte EP31-DS3L         OK

Kingmax 2x2 GB DDR2     OK

Sapphire HD 4670 1GB      Need ATI 6450 or nvidia 210 (25-35 dollar in North america)

Hard drive #1 150GB , #2 80 GB   OK

WiFi adapter D-link DWL-G122       Not likely to work

Your mother board had rtl8111C    Ok

Loader:  try Clover Latest Version without  any flags, first

Use min kext:  fakesmc,  nullpower   ( put it in Clover kexts 10.10 folder ) if you donot have usb keyboard,  add voodoops2.

Google Clover MBR installation guide.

• Like 1

Think you very much, I see that clover is some kind of tool for correcting problems after installation of osx, I want to know how can I install osx first?

There is Installation subforum here.