Intel HD4000 QE/QC weird issue

ACDindia

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I have been struggling with this weird issue since last 15-20 days..!

Now I think I have narrowed down the error..

My system:

Dell Inspiron 7720 Laptop

Intel 3rd Gen Core i7 3630QM

Intel HM77 7 series chipset

Intel HD4000 + nVidia GT650M DDR5 2 GB optimus (Never works, I know) 

Using Clover UEFI Bootloader on UEFI system

I have a DSDT for my laptop. But have tried with and without it too.

What happens:

The Intel HD4000 works with QE/QC for a couple of times after fresh install. Then suddenly it stops working, although it is detected as usual. AGPM Capri and HD4000 kexts are loaded still I get no QE/QC... AGPM says "Unknown Platform"... I used a LegacyAGPM.kext to get around with that.

Now when the QE/QC is broken, I reboot the computer and in Clover deselect "GeneratePStates" and "GenerateCStates".... QE/QC is back!!! Again after couple of reboots, it is broken!!!
Now again i select "GeneratePStates" and "GenerateCStates", QE/QC starts working for few reboots!

What is my problem???
Please help!!
Anyone????

about agpm, use the original and just replace gfx0 for igpu in the dsdt.

Hmm... The problem is that I use MacBookPro9,1 SMBIOS which is closest to my laptop's configuration.. And AGPM kext doesn't have an entry for MAacBookPro9,1....

it doesnt matter. replace on dsdt gfx0 for igpu.

Hey! It doesn't make any difference!!! :(

Thank u for the suggestion anyways!!!

What the hell is wrong!!! :(

QE QC Works for a couple of times with GeneratePstates and GenerateCstates then stops working.... then if I disable GeneratePstates and GenerateCstates, starts working again!

then stops again... repeat the method by enabling GeneratePstates and GenerateCstates and it starts working for a couple of times... then again disable them both....

This cycle!!!!!

Any clues ????????

• 6 months later...