[Guide] Yosemite 10.10.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760)

pepto

461 posts in this topic

Let's give the voodoo a name: HAMMER! :D

/edit: Did you find an adapter? I looked and only found 20 pin to 24 pin adapters. :/ (never SFF again - well it was for free, so I can't really complain).

/edit2: Oooookay. I guess I'm stupid. I thought standard ATX is 24 pins (because it's bigger). Well it isn't as I just found out. Minutes to late. :D

/edit3: so many edits... no such adapter here in Germany. Very well then, a PSU it is.

Let's give the voodoo a name: HAMMER! :D

/edit: Did you find an adapter? I looked and only found 20 pin to 24 pin adapters. :/ (never SFF again - well it was for free, so I can't really complain).

/edit2: Oooookay. I guess I'm stupid. I thought standard ATX is 24 pins (because it's bigger). Well it isn't as I just found out. Minutes to late. :D

/edit3: so many edits... no such adapter here in Germany. Very well then, a PSU it is.

I've only seen them on ebay:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATX-PSU-24Pin-Female-to-Small-24P-Male-power-Cable-For-DELL-780-980-760-960-PC-/171879137417?hash=item2804cb8089

• Like 1

Hi all,

For OS X and your sleep issues/updates, I'd say that kexts should stay in EFI/CLOVER/kexts with the exception of the Ethernet one's (whatever the one you choosed). Since they're not modified versions of Apple's existing kexts, there is no reason an OS X update would overwrite them.

There's also the case of AppleHDA which must stay in S/L/E and be replaced/updated in the case you're using a patched version versus Clover's injection where there's nothing particular to do.

Furthermore : I didn't really understood what SMBios you're finally using but I'd say that MacPro3,1 is definitely not suitable for Optiplex Series. I might be wrong but regarding it's specs, I think an iMac10,x would be more appropriated.

Finally, you're probably guessed correctly about AppleTyMCEDriver.kext which is known to cause issues with NVIDIA hardware. Removing it (or patching it via Clover) could be the solution to your shutdown issue :unsure:.

Ok, so far, that (kexts in <E>/E/C/K/10.10/ and /S/L/E/ ethernet and AppleHDA) were the configs we used first. By default, AppleHDA resides in <E>/E/C/K/10.10/ too. I'd decided myself for using Clovers audio injection method and installed the corresponding AppleHDA kext with kext utility. After installation, I didn't change that.

Concerning to some issues with sleep/wake/shutdown/networking freezes, I fiddeld around with settings of the Ethernet kexts and AppleTyMCEDriver and didn't make it better. :blush::whistle:

In Post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302877-guide-mavericks-1010x-dell-optiplex-780-760/page-18?do=findComment&comment=2155721 you've said, that the ethernet kexts should be placed in <E>/E/C/K/10.10/ and now not? I'm confused. :blink:

With the SMBIOS settings MacPro3,1 I was able to use both monitors. Last night I copied config.plist to configimac101.plist in <E>/E/C/ and set type iMac10,1 in SMBIOS for your pleasure  :jester:

- and of course touched the calculate buttons for some times -

but the system started only with two monitors without signal. :geek:

If only type was changed to MacPro3,1 the monitors are pretty working...

By the way, I'm absolutely fascinated by the case design of these old cheese graters. Maybe I'll looking for an old MacPro 3,1/.../5 on ebay...

I'm not sure what to do about AppleTyMCEDriver. Takin' away may be too easy and doesn't bring back the shutdown to cold for now. I think, that there may be issues with ACPI settings of the ethernet card or kext and it was another effect, which brought back shutdown to cold for a short time. You'd said something with patching with Clover. Where and how? Perhaps that will bring the solution? Ok, how -  like Slice describes. But "what"?

By default, AppleHDA resides in <E>/E/C/K/10.10/ too. I'd decided myself for using Clovers audio injection method and installed the corresponding AppleHDA kext with kext utility. After installation, I didn't change that.

Nope. By default, AppleHDA is in S/L/E and must stay here whatever the method you choose (patched or injection). It's because of other kexts dependencies.

Furthermore, I'd like to outline that injection method does not require the installation of a patched version of AppleHDA. All you have to do is copy/paste the platform.zml.zlib and layout1.zml.zlib as described in post #206 then installed it using Kext Utility or Kext Wizard.

In Post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302877-guide-mavericks-1010x-dell-optiplex-780-760/page-18?do=findComment&comment=2155721 you've said, that the ethernet kexts should be placed in <E>/E/C/K/10.10/ and now not? I'm confused. :blink:

Well actually, Ethernet is an issue on Optiplex Series. The weird thing is that we have totally random results depending on whether we use AppleIntelE1000e.kext or Intel82566MM.kext. I observed that sometimes, I loose my Internet connexion after wake while using Intel82566MM.kext if it's placed in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10. Seems like putting it in S/L/E solve the problem.

On the other hand, AppleIntele1000E.kext seems to break sleep on certain systems.

TBH, I don't spare a lot of time on my Optiplex system therefore I can't truly have enough use on a day by day basis to find out what's really going on. Thus, I have no solution to this yet…

Concerning SMBios, I'm surprised the iMac10,x doesn't work. Its specs are closer to the Optiplex 760/780 series than the MacPro3,1 are :blink:. They both use NVIDIA hardware on certain configuration and then should work fine.

About AppleTyMCEDriver Clover's patch :

AppleTyMCEDriver patch to use MacPro5,1 name. http://www.applelife...652#post-319876

<key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleTyMCEDriver</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>cgoATWFjUHJvNCwxAE1hY1BybzUsMQBY</data>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>cgoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABY</data>

Use Clover Configurator (Or PlistEdit Pro) to edit your config.plist according to this.

Bon.

I'll look for AppleHDA in <E>/E/C/K/10.10/ and drop it.

But what does this patch to AppleTyMCEDriver do?

<key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleTyMCEDriver</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>cgoATWFjUHJvNCwxAE1hY1BybzUsMQBY</data>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>cgoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABY</data>

I'm not able to undestand russian or kyrillic text. How to patch a kext with clover configurator was described by Slice. But I don't undestand his example edit/patch. What are these strings standing for, the one to look for and the other replacing it? Only changing the name to MacPro5,1?

Next step in confusing myself:

As far as I understand what I've found with google is, that a definition MacPro5,1 (as in conjunction with the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext patch from Slice) enables AppleTyMCEDriver.kext for systems whose spec don't meet the proposal of AppleTyMCEDriver.kext. For my little knowledge of this, this AppleTyMCEDriver.kext adresses ECC RAM and power management of GPU within AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext. So we have to patch AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext too, for meeting the id of the actual used GPU aka graphics card id. Another thing / string I don't know. And so we are patching and patching... :ninja:

Of course this may be done by clover configurator in a comfortable way and a vanilla system. But I suspect, that there may be other issues opened... :wacko:

edit:

:blink::surprised::wacko:

WTF!?

:blink::surprised::wacko:

Is there anyone out there who has more than one harddisk in his machine and is using clover?

I've inserted two additional harddisks and formatted them with harddiskutility for RAID1 use. Only for data sharing in my LAN. Now clover configurator wants to mount EFI partition and shows three disks to chose of!?

But what does this patch to AppleTyMCEDriver do?

I have no idea at all :D ! OK, thanks for the insight ;).

I'm not able to undestand russian or kyrillic text. How to patch a kext witch clover configurator was described by Slice. But I don't undestand his example edit/patch. What are these strings standing for, the one to look for and the other replacing it?

No need to read/understand Russian or Cyrillic, this is just the way how Clover patches kexts "on the fly" (which actually mean that the kext remains untouched).

You just have to add new entry with Clover Configurator in the Kernel and Kext Patches section :

8e27fe42-0ba8-49ba-bece-ecf1d2c51315.jpg

Next time you'll open the config.plist, it will look like this as Clover Configurator will automatically convert base64 values to Hex values :

705d38a1-61ec-4052-ad13-cbda1b24380e.jpg

Is there anyone out there who has more than one harddisk in his machine and is using clover?

I've inserted two additional harddisks and formatted them with harddiskutility for RAID1 use. Only for data sharing in my LAN. Now clover configurator wants to mount EFI partition and shows three disks to chose of!?

I have two separate drives but not in a RAID1 setup.

Check your table partition map using and report results here :

diskutil list

I suspect that when you formated your new drives, Disk Utility has created some hidden EFI partitions :unsure:

:shock:

I have no idea at all :D !

Are you kiddng me? :hammer:

You like me to patch a kext with a discret value not knowing for what it stands for?

:boxing:

:blowup:

Ok, you're welcome. See the smilies above. ;)

No need to read/understand Russian or cyrillic, this is just the way how Clover patches kexts "on the fly" (which actually mean that the kext remains untouched).

You just have to add new entry with Clover Configurator in the Kernel and Kext Patches section :

That's the point of view. Slices example shows the way of patching kexts with clover. That's fine. But until we don't know what we are patching, we shouldn't do. ;)

There should be done some research...

Why do we have so divers configurations?

Aren't we talking about OptiPlex 760/780? The logic board should be the same, only graphics should vary.

OK, there may be a difference between the form factors.

May we collect "vanilla" DSDTs for every form factor, which may enable basic funtions (sleep, wake, shutdown, networking et al)? And additions to make to these DSDTs for various graphics cards?

There should be done some research...

Totally agree :D.

Why do we have so divers configurations?

Aren't we talking about OptiPlex 760/780? The logic board should be the same, only graphics should vary.

OK, there may be a difference between the form factors.

May we collect "vanilla" DSDTs for every form factor, which may enable basic funtions (sleep, wake, shutdown, networking et al)? And additions to make to these DSDTs for various graphics cards?

I'd love it ;).

You are correct. There should be a "GFX patch free" DSDT available for everyone. Sadly, there are so many people on this thread and the old one (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292748-guide-mavericks-109x-dell-optiplex-780-760/) that played with DSDTs that it's now a real mess !

That said, it would ask a huge work to collect and sort what's useful and what's not, what's correct and what's not, etc.

Honestly, I don't have time or braveness to do that and most important, I'm pretty sure that all of these patches can be done just by using Clover's advanced DSDT fixes.

That would make all of this a lot more simpler and easy to do and will eliminate the need to have specific DSDTs for every model depending of what hardware they have.

So if you volunteer to do this, welcome and go on, you'll definitely have my support :D !

• Like 1

Volunteer? :whistle:

What has to be done?

What is a vanilla DSDT?

Where should we collect 'em together?

Am I right that a vanilla DSDT file will be generated by Clover pressing <F4> in Clover boot-screen?

And a DSDT file customized by BIOS settings will be generated by Clover pressing <F5> in Clover boot-screen?

That could be oracled out of Clover wiki "Fixing DSDT" section.

First of all, we should recognize, which settings in BIOS are contra-productive and which are nescessary for Clover / OS X. For sure we should update OptiPlex BIOS to the very last version. That's A16 for OptiPlex 760 MT for now if I'm right.

These BIOS settings were my first banana skin on the way getting Clover / OS X running.

Certainly I had set things in BIOS like ever, like I used to do with Debian/Ubuntu for all the time. With them I could have a look at the ability of my OptiPlex to boot and reboot and boot and reboot... but Clover never came up to its boot screen.

After resetting BIOS to its defaults, Clover came up. Then I could touch each BIOS setting, one after each other. But am I right or wrong with these settings?

If we can share our BIOS settings together we would have a basis for discussion. Perhaps there are the first points of optimization. Speedstepping, networking, sleep and so on.

SATA AHCI we need for sure.

My own OptiPlex BIOS settings? I'll gonna write em down tonight...

I suggest, we should have a result-posting with the various BIOS and DSDT files (or even with link references to these) and this posting should be updated whenever another (better) setting was discovered or worked out.

What rights are nescessary to do that in this forum? Will there be a mod assisting?

:worried_anim:

Actually I'm pretty sure I'm jinxed, but this extends to all kinds of hard- and software. Therefore my regular nickname is sir_brickalot. :)

PSUs are {censored}in expensive for these SFF computers and since the video card demands 400 watts in the specs I should consider using a bigger one anyways but I just don't find an adapter for the mini atx mainboard power connector.

damn damn damn

we'll see what comes up. I'll keep you posted. :)

/edit: Any idea if a Dell Optiplex 745 sff psu will fit into the 780? Has more power and is cheaper!

Edit:10.10.5 Combo Update installed, no issues. Using injected Video method. :)

• Like 1

Can someone tell me what was necessary to get speedstep and sleep/wake working on the 780?  I need a second computer and I'm thinking of buying an optiplex 380 since you can run better CPUs in it.  Is there any chance these dsdts would work on that?  I know for a fact that someone has gotten yosemite working on it, but don't know if they have speedstep and sleep/wake on it.

Can someone tell me what was necessary to get speedstep and sleep/wake working on the 780?  I need a second computer and I'm thinking of buying an optiplex 380 since you can run better CPUs in it.  Is there any chance these dsdts would work on that?  I know for a fact that someone has gotten yosemite working on it, but don't know if they have speedstep and sleep/wake on it.

Better CPU in it ? Humm… You can have a Core2Duo E8600 or a Core2Quad CPU's in Optiplex 760/780/790 series (I have a little doubt that the standard PSU can handle them on certain models though)… But there is a few example here that prove that.

But if you say so… SpeedStep is just an option to enable in the bios but for the DSDT, I would say that it's NOT likely to work with those models. Even in the 7xx series, the DSDT provided here is not really a good solution as every model should have it's own depending of the hardware used. You can see that in the latests posts and you can also see that the AppleHDA patch doesn't work for 755 models.

That said, you can try using this guide without using the provided DSDT and play with Clover's settings to have most of your hardware work.

Better CPU in it ? Humm… You can have a Core2Duo E8600 or a Core2Quad CPU's in Optiplex 760/780/790 series (I have a little doubt that the standard PSU can handle them on certain models though)… But there is a few example here that prove that.

But if you say so… SpeedStep is just an option to enable in the bios but for the DSDT, I would say that it's NOT likely to work with those models. Even in the 7xx series, the DSDT provided here is not really a good solution as every model should have it's own depending of the hardware used. You can see that in the latests posts and you can also see that the AppleHDA patch doesn't work for 755 models.

That said, you can try using this guide without using the provided DSDT and play with Clover's settings to have most of your hardware work.

Thanks for the advice.  You can use a LGA 775 to LGA 771 adapter with and put an E5450 into the 380.  You can do similarly for the 780, but it doesn't support the 5xxx series.

Ah OK ! You mean upgrading to a Xeon CPU in that case ?

Well I don't know anything on that matter but I certainly trust you :D.

BTW, what form factor is that 380 ? You should also check if the PCI bus have enough power to support certain graphics cards. I believe some Optiplex models haven't and are limited to certain GFX models… :unsure:.

Ah OK ! You mean upgrading to a Xeon CPU in that case ?

Well I don't know anything on that matter but I certainly trust you :D.

BTW, what form factor is that 380 ? You should also check if the PCI bus have enough power to support certain graphics cards. I believe some Optiplex models haven't and are limited to certain GFX models… :unsure:.

Yeah, it's a xeon that wasn't meant to run on it, but will with the adapter.

As long as you have enough power, the right connectors, and at least a 1x pcie slot, any GPU should be okay.  With my Optiplex 780 SFF, I'm using a pci extension cable to my 960 and a 6 pin from my cx430 to power it. Both of which are outside of the case, sitting on the floor. It's a temporary solution until I get better hackintosh hardware.

Hey guys !

Wanted to share some report about El Capitan Public Beta 6 on the Dell Optiplex 760 SFF - Core e6600 - 4 Gb DDR2 - AMD Radeon HD 5450 1 Gb :

Good news :

Installation, graphics, network, sleep/wake, USB ports works fine. Still needs some tests on the USB side since El Capitan introduced new kexts for USB management but no issues so far and no need to install anything more (like DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext - see here).

Bad news :

AppleHDA patch don't work anymore. We need an updated Clover patch and/or new platform & layout .zml.zlib.

While waiting for this, VoodooHDA 2.8.7 works just fine. (I haven't tested newer or older versions).

Attached is my Clover folder for those who want to test El Capitan before the GM and the final is out. And I have the feeling it will be very soon ;).

Opimac:~ polyzargone$ csrutil status
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM Protections: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

Opimac:~ polyzargone$ kextstat | grep -v com.apple
Index Refs Address            Size       Wired      Name (Version) UUID <Linked Against>
   22    2 0xffffff7f830be000 0x19000    0x19000    org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC (1363) 90461687-95E8-3618-AF0E-14B6F0380F0C <11 7 5 4 3 1>
   23    0 0xffffff7f830d7000 0x5000     0x5000     org.hwsensors.driver.CPUSensors (1363) 01EDCDA6-816B-3C05-AF61-BFFB235C8FF4 <22 7 5 4 3>
   42    0 0xffffff7f830dc000 0xe000     0xe000     com.tootoosoft.driver.Intel82566MM (1.0.0d1) 259B42A1-C7B2-46C8-F2FC-30C0BE21CDD6 <41 12 5 4 3 1>
   47    0 0xffffff7f830ea000 0x2000     0x2000     net.osrom.kext.Disabler (1.0.1) 7D158CD9-D1C2-6ADC-D896-2FD8E29CD4AD <4 3>
   50    0 0xffffff7f830ec000 0x21000    0x21000    org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA (2.8.7) no UUID <49 12 7 5 4 3>
   52    0 0xffffff7f83120000 0x15000    0x15000    org.hwsensors.driver.GPUSensors (1363) 5E976353-9E21-34D6-BCEA-9E63B7010FC2 <22 12 11 7 5 4 3>
  106    0 0xffffff7f8313a000 0x17000    0x17000    com.tuxera.filesystems.tufsfs.fusefs_txantfs (2013.3.14) 61F2ABBC-F434-3091-8169-063F600D60FD <7 5 4 3 1>

Opimac:~ polyzargone$ ioreg | grep ATY
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,Eulemur@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002ad, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (7 ms), retain 8>
    | |   |   | | +-o ATY_Eulemur  <class AMDFramebuffer, id 0x1000002b0, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (6 ms), retain 18>
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,Eulemur@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002ae, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3 ms), retain 8>
    | |   |   | | +-o ATY_Eulemur  <class AMDFramebuffer, id 0x1000002b6, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 15>
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,Eulemur@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002af, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 8>
    | |   |   | | +-o ATY_Eulemur  <class AMDFramebuffer, id 0x1000002bc, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 15>

Opimac:~ polyzargone$ ioreg | grep AMD
    | |   |   | +-o AMD5000Controller@0  <class AMD5000Controller, id 0x100000298, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 5>
    | |   |   | | +-o ATY_Eulemur  <class AMDFramebuffer, id 0x1000002b0, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (6 ms), retain 18>
    | |   |   | |   +-o AMDNDRVService  <class AtiAppServices, id 0x1000002f4, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 6>
    | |   |   | | +-o ATY_Eulemur  <class AMDFramebuffer, id 0x1000002b6, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 15>
    | |   |   | |   +-o AMDNDRVService  <class AtiAppServices, id 0x1000002fa, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 6>
    | |   |   | | +-o ATY_Eulemur  <class AMDFramebuffer, id 0x1000002bc, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 15>
    | |   |   | |   +-o AMDNDRVService  <class AtiAppServices, id 0x1000002fe, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 6>
    | |   |   | +-o AMDSupport  <class AMDSupport, id 0x100000299, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 5>
    | |   |   | +-o AMDCedarGraphicsAccelerator  <class AMDCedarGraphicsAccelerator, id 0x10000029b, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 33>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccel2DContext  <class AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccel2DContext, id 0x100000303, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccel2DContext  <class AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccel2DContext, id 0x100000304, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccel2DContext  <class AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccel2DContext, id 0x100000305, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDR8xxSurface  <class AMDR8xxSurface, id 0x10000030d, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDR8xxSurface  <class AMDR8xxSurface, id 0x10000030e, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDR8xxSurface  <class AMDR8xxSurface, id 0x10000030f, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccelDevice  <class AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccelDevice, id 0x10000031a, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccelSharedUserClient  <class AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccelSharedUserClient, id 0x10000031b, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDR8xxGLContext  <class AMDR8xxGLContext, id 0x10000031e, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDR8xxSurface  <class AMDR8xxSurface, id 0x100000323, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDR8xxSurface  <class AMDR8xxSurface, id 0x100000324, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccelDevice  <class AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccelDevice, id 0x100000345, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccelSharedUserClient  <class AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccelSharedUserClient, id 0x100000346, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDR8xxGLContext  <class AMDR8xxGLContext, id 0x100000347, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDR8xxCLContext  <class AMDR8xxCLContext, id 0x100000348, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccelDevice  <class AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccelDevice, id 0x1000003aa, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDR8xxSurface  <class AMDR8xxSurface, id 0x1000003b1, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccelDevice  <class AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccelDevice, id 0x1000003d9, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccelSharedUserClient  <class AMDRadeonX3000_AMDAccelSharedUserClient, id 0x1000003da, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDR8xxGLContext  <class AMDR8xxGLContext, id 0x1000003db, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   |   |   +-o AMDR8xxGLContext  <class AMDR8xxGLContext, id 0x1000003dc, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>

Note : CLOVER.zip has been removed. Waiting for a new version with new DSDT - Follow this thread to stay tuned ;).

post-1163891-0-76410200-1441720879_thumb.jpg

post-1163891-0-65686400-1441723961_thumb.jpg

Edited by polyzargone

What I did so far for AppleHDA Clover patch :

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Patch_to_ADI1984A</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				eG1sLnps
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				em1sLnps
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Patch_to_ADI1984A</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				ixnUEQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				ShnUEQ==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Disable 0x11D41983</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				gxnUEQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAA==
				</data>
			</dict>

Note that Disable 0x11D41983 should not be necessary. I had issue with AppleHDA patch on first releases of OS X 10.11 on another system and it did the trick while waiting for Toleda's script update. But the script won't work with ADI1984A so I give it a try :). With or w/o it makes no difference though.

RealtekALC.kext is installed in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 and device (HDEF) is already present and set to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 in provided DSDT.aml.

I also placed provided Layout1.zml.zilb and Platform.zml.zlib in original AppleHDA in S/L/E and rebuild cache while setting CsrActiveConfig to 0x3 so I could play around with System folder.

And too bad, this is not working either. I didn't tried "hard coded" AppleHDA.kext v3 but I will. But I have doubt it will do the trick because I'm not sure about compatibility since it's a 10.10.3 designed kext :unsure:

[EDIT]

Ooops, wait a minute. I just realized that I was using an old DSDT and that device HDEF is incorrect :blush:. I'll test a correct one ASAP :D !

Nope.

No change at all. device HDEF is correctly set :

f0d31efc-da4a-478f-aa1b-910b9a92164d.jpg

Now, let's try "hard coded" AppleHDA.kext <_< !

Are you sure about AppleHDA? With my systems, I found I could get audio running by:
1) placing the patched kext (from say 10.9 or 10.10) in /L/E
2) remove the vanilla from /S/L/E
3) repair permissions on /L/E and rebuild cache

We both agree that we're talking about El Capitan 10.11, aren't we ? Sorry, I've read too fast, we are ;).

[EDIT]

Well AppleHDA_version3 works fine :D !

0100c129-4c4d-4441-8324-41871d5fb766.jpg

9714d6d0-28a0-4bd5-a7e9-a5a644956d97.jpg

So there's must be something wrong with the Clover's patch…

Okay, so non-injection version 3 working for Apple HDA. Just needs reinstalled after update. No injection method yet.

Everything else working with el capita? 

Any major improvements, or just upgrading to stay with newest O SX?

Hmmm, official release is September 30th? 

Oh, what the heck, I have a second hard drive installed.  Downloading El Capitan Beta now. :)

Update for OS X 10.11 beta testing on Optiplex series !

I said I need further tests to make sure all USB ports were working. As reported by Morpheousman, this wasn't perfect at all since 2 ports didn't.

So attached is a DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext customized for Optiplex 760 series (tested) that make all ports (8 in those models, don't know for sure for the others) working as they should.

Please note that you must install it in /Library/Extensions (/S/L/E should work too but you should keep it untouched) and most importantly, you have to use the attached patched DSDT and stick to iMac10,1 SMBios for this to work !

Note that the edits in the DSDT won't affect previous version of OS X (Yosemite isn't AFAIK :P) so it's safe to use it as your main DSDT .That said, I strongly advise to use it as an alternative one at the moment.

Don't forget to set CsrActiveConfig to 0x3 (0x1 will work but is a little bit more restrictive) in RtVariables of your config.plist (latest version of Clover Configurator is mandatory, otherwise values will be overwritten as soon as you make any edit).

Finally, rebuild kernel cache using this commands in terminal :

sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Last thing to fix is sleep/wake. On my rig, the system won't totally sleep. Display turns off but that's all so far. I'm currently testing on Public Beta 6 and will report when GM or final release is installed ;).

Note : Files have been removed. Waiting for a new version with new DSDT and new files - Follow this thread to stay tuned ;).

Edited by polyzargone

[EDIT] @MacWiesel

Damn !

Are you doomed by some sorcery ? :P

Good neeeews everyone... after a lot of fail and fail and error I just used another PC for the time beeing. I just tried the osx86 again, just because I had to reboot it and voilá IT WORKS AGAIN!!

No changes made whatsoever but the problems are gone.

Computers are living things.

Where do we go next Capitan?

Good neeeews everyone... after a lot of fail and fail and error I just used another PC for the time beeing. I just tried the osx86 again, just because I had to reboot it and voilá IT WORKS AGAIN!!

No changes made whatsoever but the problems are gone.

Computers are living things.

Where do we go next Capitan?

That's great news indeed ! Welcome back.

For El Cap, check the new thread that Morpeousman has opened. I think we should discuss about OS X 10.11 there and leave this Guide for Yosemite users. There's some good and less good news, essentially because of new USB management and on the audio part as you can see in my latest posts and in the new thread.

But I'm confident and it's only a matter of time and probably a little research before we make it 100% working.

• Like 1