Install OS X Mavericks Onto Dell Inspiron 1545

chris123d

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I had an old dell 1545 lying around that had a bad ram stick init so i decided to fix that and put a new stick in it.

i then thought that i might aswell install Mavericks on it as i had no real use for it as i use a dual boot hackintosh as my daily driver so most of my files that i use are in OSX most of the time

so i created a MyHack usb and plugged it into the Laptop

booted to Darwin

i then try to boot with no boot flags Nothing happens just white screen

then -v it loads up and the last line of text is **** [CIBluetoohHICController][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport | I then disabled the bluetooth in the bios and restarted. It stops at the line [PCI configuration end, Bridges 7, devices 16] 

i have tried many other flags that have got me to the apple logo and the never ending spinning circle EDIT: Boot flags like -x npci=0x3000 get to the spinning circle where as just using -x it will just sit at the apple logo

i have no idea what to do now

if anyone could shine some light on this that would be great! also if any other information is needed i will be happy to provide it

thanks

-Chris

• 7 months later...

Bump (Please don't let this thread be dead!)

I got the system to boot the installer once. I can't quite remember the bootflags, but I think I used GraphicsEnabler=Yes, npci=0x3000, busratio=20, pci=acpi, dart=0, and -x.

If you make any progress please keep me posted! 

B)

• 3 weeks later...