Pre-release OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

Wayang-NT

120 posts in this topic

I installed it.  So far, I have lost my Handoff patch (doesn't work anymore) and my second stage boot patch (also doesn't work.)  I tried rolling back to 10.10.1 kexts but then neither graphics nor bluetooth would load.  If anyone can look and see what changes have been made to IOBluetoothFamily.kext and IOGraphicsFamily.kext, I would appreciate it.  it would be nice to get Clover kext patching on the fly to work again.  BTW, my Broadcom/Airport Extreme Cosmetic patch still works so the problem does not appear to be obviously related to Clover as opposed to the new kexts that are attempting to be patched on the fly.

Also, Xtrafinder seems to have some trouble with this update.  See the photo:

post-270804-0-50825100-1416544714_thumb.png

graphics problems.. Preview gives only transparent squares opening a pic or document..

Edit: both with hd 3000 and Nvidia it doesn't work. Booting with another HD without this update everything's fine. Of course I don't know how to fix it.

hello

they seed a combo update

attachicon.gifnull

bcm 5 Ghz fix

good hack

Any idea about whether handoff patch works again?  Any graphics issues for you?  I restored my laptop back to 10.10.1 for now.  I finally got all the new Yosemite features working and don't want to lose them if possible.

hello

about the patches for the wifi .. give a little time .. what can i say and u confirm is the kext are changed.. something is all change .. like u see applehda also changed

so what i assume is the binary change .. one of the wifi problems solved .. the handoff sure is a question of time..

my graphics are faster..

noticed new safari version 8.0.2 .. only today have a little more time to work with this build..

good hack

• Like 1

I also tried to revert to IOGraphicsFamily.kext from 10.1.1 (maybe a useless thing) but nothing changed. I can't see anything also in some control panels like the java one or Kext Utility. The applications seems to work but without anything shown on the screen. 

Any idea about whether handoff patch works again?  Any graphics issues for you?  I restored my laptop back to 10.10.1 for now.  I finally got all the new Yosemite features working and don't want to lose them if possible.

This is completely a mess.... Clover patch-on-the-fly helps us survive after update, but now we have to change the patches after each update lol.

• Like 1

This is completely a mess.... Clover patch-on-the-fly helps us survive after update, but now we have to change the patches after each update lol.

They don't change much though :D Now that tons of millions user complaining WIFI issue, they have to dig into it. LOL

• Like 1

I have the growing feeling that Yosemite is a complete mess in itself ... "long term betatest" I'd say, maybe it will be stable before 10.11 comes out ... so glad I did not upgrade yet, since it also seems to need much more fiddling to get it run properly on a hack. And I think we all can be glad that it still runs at all .... not so sure about 10.11, maybe they nuke the "kext-dev-mode" then, and building a hackintosh will start to be a real challenge again. Not so sure if everybody wants that ... But it apparently runs also like {censored}  on "real Macs", for example a collegue of mine is bitterly complaining about shaky WLAN and stuttering / lagging all over the place. Also, the overwhelmingly negative comments on the Appstore indicate that these are not just singular cases ... seems like Apple QA has gone down the drain  ... and that never was really good anyways. Oh my.

• Like 1

I have the growing feeling that Yosemite is a complete mess in itself ... "long term betatest" I'd say, maybe it will be stable before 10.11 comes out ... so glad I did not upgrade yet, since it also seems to need much more fiddling to get it run properly on a hack. And I think we all can be glad that it still runs at all .... not so sure about 10.11, maybe they nuke the "kext-dev-mode" then, and building a hackintosh will start to be a real challenge again. Not so sure if everybody wants that ... But it apparently runs also like {censored}  on "real Macs", for example a collegue of mine is bitterly complaining about shaky WLAN and stuttering / lagging all over the place. Also, the overwhelmingly negative comments on the Appstore indicate that these are not just singular cases ... seems like Apple QA has gone down the drain  ... and that never was really good anyways. Oh my.

If they get rid of kext-dev-mode=1, I would gladly help donate to any kext developers to get a developer account and be able to codesign kexts. I'm probably not the only one either. That would still suck for older software that uses kexts that aren't codesigned though. I would hope they wouldn't get rid of it just for backwards compatibility purposes.

I would hope they wouldn't get rid of it just for backwards compatibility purposes.

We will see, but I wouldn't count on it. Fact is that OS X gets locked down more and more (and surely not only bc of hacks). Well, and if you have to sign your kexts, it will be even more easy to completely block them.