5850 is not a PCI-E Card, yet fully recognised by system

diggen

1 post in this topic

Hello all,  

so I still have to fight with my Desktop performance with my ATI Club3D 5850. I basically tried everything what is possible but nothing helped me to fix the annoying lag which accrues when resizing windows and some other OS X animation like creating an iTunes playlist and stuff. The card is correctly recognised as a ATI 5850 by the system. I am using a fresh installation with Clover and nothing more than the following settings: "ATI Injection", "LoadVBIOS" and SMBIOS is 5.1. Without these settings the system still works but the card is a ATI 5000 and there is no performance different (With only"ATI Injection"it's a ATI5000.  With "ATI Injection" and Framebuffer "Uakarai" it's a 5850 again ).

This does not mean that QE/CI isn't working, in fact it does work as because the "Translucent Menu Bar" option is available and works just fine, also the DVD Player works just fine. 1080p no problem.

I tried everything from editing AGPM Kext the result no matter what is always the same:

15/07/2014 11:37:50.000 kernel[0]: AGPM: GPU = display G-state set to 0 from 3, ControlID = 17. SW occupancy updated.

I tried all the different ROM files for my graphics card model. Some with self-changed higher clock speeds or different vendors (Loaded via Load VBIOS @ Clover Settings) - the same result over and over again.

Now I checked with IOREG my PCI-E Settings and noticed something strange. The card is not under PCI or PCI-E but under P0P3@3 -> GFX0@0. That's a bit confusing to me because I looked at others
people ioreg files and they have GFX0 mostly directly under PCI. Maybe this has something to do with it?

I attached the ioreg, please check it out.

ioreg.zip