My first Hackintosh build - need advice.

8 posts in this topic

So my faithful 2006 Mac Pro finally died and I am going to replace it with a Hackintosh. I am comfortable with the install and post install process. I am currently using an old Asus Maximus II Formula with a Core 2 Duo @ 3.0 running Yosemite. Here is what I am thinking about purchasing for my new build, if anyone knows any issues I might have I would appreciate the help. Thanks!

Intel i7 4790k

MSI Z97-Gaming 9 AC

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB)

MSI GTX 570 (from my Mac Pro)

Corsair HX750i PSU

Corsair Hydro Series H90 cooler

Fractal Designs R4 case

Hop then lan Qualcomm Killer E2205 on your motherboard list that work out good for you, I got other msi motherboard have the realtek lan and it is not good to work on althougth it is new motherboard.

I don't see what medium for boot drive, i like the ssd over hard driveor boot drive.

Other look good.

Your hardware is very compatible.

I don't have information if MSI GTX 570 is compatible with Yosemite, but in Mavericks many users have enabled fully.

I was using the GTX 570 in my Mac Pro running Yosemite before the board died and it is currently in my temporary Yosemite hack, works great.

I was told by some that seem to know that Gigabyte MBoards are closest to the Intel MBoard that Apple uses.  I really don't know if that is true but I am ready to update my Hack with a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 and Intel i7 4790K CPU. It should be much faster than my old Hack. Heres hoping that the EVGA GTX 760 will work out og the box too.