Clover Theme Manager

blackosx

589 posts in this topic

OS X _10.10.1- Everything is working.

OS X_10.9.5 -I have a strange problem. The mounting process does not go to the end.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56771347/mount10_9_5.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56771347/10_9_5CloverThemeManagerLog.txt

OS X 10.10 diskutil info

IMac122:~ droplets$ diskutil info /Volumes/UEFI/
Could not find disk: /Volumes/UEFI/
Could not find disk: /Volumes/UEFI/
   Device Identifier:        disk0s1
   Device Node:              /dev/disk0s1
   Part of Whole:            disk0
   Device / Media Name:      EFI System Partition
   Volume Name:              UEFI
   Mounted:                  Yes
   Mount Point:              /Volumes/UEFI
   File System Personality:  MS-DOS FAT32
   Type (Bundle):            msdos
   Name (User Visible):      MS-DOS (FAT32)
   Partition Type:           EFI
   OS Can Be Installed:      No
   Media Type:               Generic
   Protocol:                 SATA
   SMART Status:             Verified
   Volume UUID:              63E03D18-9F3A-316C-A3C9-356DA28D3617
   Disk / Partition UUID:    0863F066-65A6-46F9-B747-72F25E463E02
   Total Size:               209.7 MB (209715200 Bytes) (exactly 409600 512-Byte-Units)
   Volume Free Space:        114.5 MB (114516992 Bytes) (exactly 223666 512-Byte-Units)
   Device Block Size:        512 Bytes
   Allocation Block Size:    1024 Bytes

OS X 10.9.5 DiskUtil info

iMac-Droplets:~ droplets$ diskutil info /Volumes/EFI/
   Device Identifier:        disk0s1
   Device Node:              /dev/disk0s1
   Part of Whole:            disk0
   Device / Media Name:      EFI System Partition
   Volume Name:              EFI
   Escaped with Unicode:     EFI
   Mounted:                  Yes
   Mount Point:              /Volumes/EFI
   Escaped with Unicode:     /Volumes/EFI
   File System Personality:  MS-DOS FAT32
   Type (Bundle):            msdos
   Name (User Visible):      MS-DOS (FAT32)
   Partition Type:           EFI
   OS Can Be Installed:      No
   Media Type:               Generic
   Protocol:                 SATA
   SMART Status:             Verified
   Total Size:               209.7 MB (209715200 Bytes) (exactly 409600 512-Byte-Units)
   Volume Free Space:        132.9 MB (132876800 Bytes) (exactly 259525 512-Byte-Units)
   Device Block Size:        512 Bytes

Latest changes

- Theme update improvements. Themes installed from the repo now have the last commit hash for that theme stored in a file named .hash in the theme directory. This hash is then used for checking against the hash in the repo for updates.
- Changed to using unique partition GUID rather than volume UUID.
- Installed themes are only recorded in prefs if partition has a unique GUID.
- Fix bug where help file was deleted
- Fix bug where volume dropdown menu wasn’t re-populated when returning from help page.
- Tested on 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 and 10.10

Note:
Any previously installed themes, even though they may be up to date, will appear with an ‘X’ beside the UnInstall button in the UI. This is because they won’t have the .hash file which this app will now require for updates.

Note2:
On receiving updateID 5, the app should remove the following two files and then re-make them.
~/Library/Preferences/org.black.CloverThemeManager.plist
~/Library/Application\ Support/CloverThemeManager/index.git

OS X_10.7.5mbr ;).

If used CloverThemeManager_v0.74.7.zip ,then there is a some problems.

Process stops at "Inject Dropdown" and updates to 5 does not occur.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56771347/BS0.74OSX_10.7.5MBR_CloverThemeManagerLog.txt

But, if I use /BashScript0.75.0/JSinit0.74.7/JSctm0.74.7 from another system, then everything works fine.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56771347/BS0.75CloverThemeManagerLog.txt

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56771347/10.7.5MBR.jpg

Thanks for the report droples.

I will replace the version of the app in the opening post with the latest version rather then rely on the older version updating correctly.

EDIT: Done. v0.75.0 now in the opening post.

This includes all updates till now.

• 2 weeks later...

v0.75.0 (update 6) -> v0.75.1

New version 0.75.1 attached to first post

- Enabled ‘Open Log’ menu item from CloverThemeManager menu.
- Revise check for out-of-date index.git (due to re-built repo).
- Activate SecurityAgent when running osascript on OS X 10.9 and newer in attempt to give dialog box the focus. The dialog box is correctly given the focus on OS X 10.7 but not later versions. Activating SecurityAgent in Yosemite seems to work on subsequent opening, just not the initial opening). Not sure how to do this in 10.9.
- Switch to using JrC’s partutil program for gathering disk and partition information.
- Add option to disable/enable snow effect (will remove snow after winter).
- Style nvram dropdown menu.
- Add hover to message box close button.
- Adjust vertical position of theme title when thumbnails are hidden.
- Various code cleanups and bug fixes

Please report any issues.

Happy New Year.

Option to disable/enable snow effect is works.

But There is one feature on all systems ->SnowOFF (no snow) ->How to add my theme -> Back to App -( again there is snow - only with this menu)
Partutil program for gathering disk and partition information is working on the 10.10.x,10.9.x,10.8.x. (GUID_partition_scheme).
On the 10.7.5Mbr(FDisk_partition_scheme) there are nuances.

Happy New Year droples and thanks for testing this version.

I'll check the snow setting when returning back from the help page.

As for the UUID. Interesting....

What did the previous version of CloverThemeManager show?
And what do you see in the UIDs.txt file from running DarwinDumper's 'Disk Partitions & Unique IDs' option?

Hi

Have you used a previous version of this app?

Please can you delete

/Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application\ Support/CloverThemeManager/index.git

*replacing <USERNAME> with your user name and then re-load the app?

EDIT: Actually, If you haven't already deleted index.git, I wonder if you could supply me contents of the log file? To get it, choose 'Open Log' from the CloverThemeManager app menu. 

@blackosx -Yes of course! But only after 10 hours I can get here to the computer. Sorry.

No problem :)

On the 10.7.5Mbr(FDisk_partition_scheme) there are nuances.

CloverThemeManager uses the Unique partition GUID from a GPT to identify the mounted device. I switched to using partutil as that also reports the Unique partition GUID, but does it faster than my script could.

The reason the Unique partition GUID is used as opposed rather the Universal Unique Identifier (Volume UUID) you see in disk utility is that before OS X 10.10, a Volume UUID was not used for the EFI System Partition.

As you have seen, the Unique partition GUID is not available on MBR partitioned devices. In this situation CloverThemeManager will still work with those devices but won’t record what themes have been installed to them. This is because the next time the system is rebooted and devices are mounted, OS X could may have assigned them different disk identifiers depending of the order it detects the devices, and indeed different mount points; think two USB sticks both named EFI. If connecting them both at the same time OS X will name one EFI and the next EFI 1.

So from a 10.10 viewpoint only, I could change CloverThemeManager to use the Universal Unique Identifier (Volume UUID) instead of the Unique partition GUID but that won't be useful when booting older versions of the OS.

thank you

work fine now

Great. Thanks for letting me know :)

No problem :)

CloverThemeManager uses the Unique partition GUID from a GPT to identify the mounted device. I switched to using partutil as that also reports the Unique partition GUID, but does it faster than my script could.

The reason the Unique partition GUID is used as opposed rather the Universal Unique Identifier (Volume UUID) you see in disk utility is that before OS X 10.10, a Volume UUID was not used for the EFI System Partition.
As you have seen, the Unique partition GUID is not available on MBR partitioned devices. In this situation CloverThemeManager will still work with those devices but won’t record what themes have been installed to them. This is because the next time the system is rebooted and devices are mounted, OS X could may have assigned them different disk identifiers depending of the order it detects the devices, and indeed different mount points; think two USB sticks both named EFI. If connecting them both at the same time OS X will name one EFI and the next EFI 1.
So from a 10.10 viewpoint only, I could change CloverThemeManager to use the Universal Unique Identifier (Volume UUID) instead of the Unique partition GUID but that won't be useful when booting older versions of the OS.

Thank you for the clarification.

Option to disable/enable snow effect is working all  systems.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56771347/OSX1075_0752CloverThemeManagerLog.txt

DarwiDump-2.9.4

Device           Name                                            Volume UUID                                      Unique partition GUID 

disk0s1  /Volumes/lion10.7.5mbr       CFC6BA69-A20A-3FEC-A77A-D7E306EC02EB              
disk0s2  /Volumes/arch_lion10.7.5mbr  736227BD-8443-313E-BE65-5F6F145CC153  

DarwinDump-2.9.7
Device            Name                                           Volume UUID                                      Unique partition GUID 

disk0s1  /Volumes/lion10.7.5mbr       CFC6BA69-A20A-3FEC-A77A-D7E306EC02EB              
disk0s2  /Volumes/arch_lion10.7.5mbr  736227BD-8443-313E-BE65-5F6F145CC153  

Boot.log
0:828  0:000  Starting Clover rev 3120 on CLOVER EFI
0:828  0:000  SelfDevicePath=PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\VenHw(CF31FAC5-C24E-11D2-85F3-00A0C93EC93B,80)\HD(1,MBR,0x2A482A48,0x2,0x4EFC1B80) @DD43D698

Thanks for taking the time again to test. The app is still under development and I will keep tweaking it as and when I get time.

As you can see from the darwindump option, Unique Partition GUID does not exist for your devices under MBR.

For ref: The GUID CF31FAC5-C24E-11D2-85F3-00A0C93EC93B you see in Clover bootlog is for an 'Unknown Device'.

https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/1mu6p18xhc2cgcvj/images/104-97ec24765d.jpg

Yes, thank you, I saw it.But now I'll know  :blush:

PS In addition

Starting any actions in the CloverThemeManager without mounting ESP-partition in some cases (How to add my theme->Back to App) a following message appears on the screen

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56771347/NoMount.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56771347/nn1010_0752CloverThemeManagerLog.txt