Clover Theme Manager

blackosx

589 posts in this topic

Simply, CTM is awesome..!!!  :angel_not:

0e38suA.jpg

Some questions (not suggestions):

1. How if CTM also includes user rating (using SF @ccount)?

2. Is it possible to show download stats for themes on main app?

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey bro, can u fix this error: at first launch, CTM will check whether Command line has been install yet. But after I re-install the OS, Command line is deleted but CTM don't check it, show it got error: "The remote Clover Theme repository is not responding. This app cannot continue and will exit when you close this dialog box."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've got the same issue as above, with the 0.76.7b version...

attachicon.gifCapture d’écran 2017-09-20 à 09.10.24.png

I tried to follow the link in the dialog box, it works...

But the app isn't working...

How can I fix this ?

Thanks

Miles

Same for me. Using 0.76.7b. App says repo is not responding while "check repo" works fine and shows the repo.

Sorry guys, but really busy atm.

This has been an on-going issue for some, but I've never had the problem. Maybe somebody to could take a look and find the error?

The issue will lie in the IsRepositoryLive() function.

v0.76.6 has this code

For v0.76.7b I changed the ping on line #1104 to be similar to what's being used in the Clover builder script.
if ping -c 1 git.code.sf.net >> /dev/null 2>&1; then
The output in /tmp/CloverThemeManagerLog.txt will show you what's happening on your machine:

For me here, I see:
    ===================================
    IsRepositoryLive()
CTM_RepositoryCheckNetwork
    findThemeDirs.sh
        Getting list of mounted devices
        checkService discoveryd: 28879 ??         0:00.00 grep discoveryd
        checkService mDNSResponder:   145 ??         0:30.87 /usr/sbin/mDNSResponder
        Check: dfMounts=6
        Volume OSX_SnowLeopard on mountpoint /Volumes/OSX_SnowLeopard contains Clover themes directory
        disk0s4 | OSX_SnowLeopard | /Volumes/OSX_SnowLeopard | 48465300-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC
        disk0s1@U = unmounted ESP
        mDNSResponder: defaultGateway=192.168.17.1
CTM_RepositoryChecking
        Connecting to git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes
        3240aabc43f3f85798e0684e9319c04521cb0962 HEAD
3240aabc43f3f85798e0684e9319c04521cb0962 refs/heads/master

Maybe it would be best to remove all previous checks in the function and just leave the ping check?

Hello,

the same issue as above remains, with the 0.76.7b version...

Not sure, it maybe there's issue with ur network; working fine here. Try Menu - Clean CloverThemeManager..  :) Recently, I was uploading a new theme to the sf repo, install it, uninstall, reboot, re-installing again using CTM w/o any problem.

pJzTG4T.jpg

I uninstalled and then reinstalled the 0.76.7b version and no luck.  I still cannot connect to repository.  Here is my log:

CTM_Version 0.76.7b
Started Clover Theme Manager script
Sat Sep 30 05:36:33 CDT 2017
scriptPid=2006 | appPid= 2003
    PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
    Set permissions of findThemeDirs script
    Set permissions of bootlog script
==== Initialisation Start ====
    IsGitInstalled()
        Number of git installations: 1
        git installations: /usr/bin/git
        using git at:/usr/bin/git

CTM_GitOK
    RefreshHtmlTemplates()
        Creating: managethemes.html
CTM_HTMLTemplateOK
    IsRepositoryLive()
CTM_RepositoryCheckNetwork
    findThemeDirs.sh
        Getting list of mounted devices
        checkService discoveryd:  2037 ??         0:00.00 grep discoveryd
        checkService mDNSResponder:   175 ??         0:00.60 /usr/sbin/mDNSResponder
        Check: dfMounts=4
        mDNSResponder: defaultGateway=192.168.0.1
CTM_RepositoryChecking
        Connecting to git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes

Cannot contact the Repository git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot//themes
CTM_RepositoryError
        Volume EFI on mountpoint /Volumes/EFI contains Clover themes directory
        disk0s1 | EFI | /Volumes/EFI | C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B
        1 | Already found mounted ESP for disk0. Skipping
        disk2s1@U = unmounted ESP
        disk3s1@U = unmounted ESP

I solved uninstalling Xcode library from Mac, uninstalling CTM and downloading GIT library. After reinstall GTM is working.

Not sure, it maybe there's issue with ur network; working fine here. Try Menu - Clean CloverThemeManager..  :) Recently, I was uploading a new theme to the sf repo, install it, uninstall, reboot, re-installing again using CTM w/o any problem.

pJzTG4T.jpg

• Like 1

@blackosx, awesome job, as always! :) 

Quick question/suggestion: is there a search function somewhere on your app? Cause if there is, I couldn't find it. :D If there isn't, have you considered adding one? I think it might be useful. For example, now I was looking for Mavs Style theme. And it took me a while to find it by browsing through all the themes.

That's why I'm thinking maybe a search feature would be nice to have...? What do you think?

Hi arsardu

Currently the only method of locating a theme, other than scrolling with the keyboard or mouse, is first character locate. You press M on the keyboard and the window will scroll the the first theme beginning with M. I may look at extending this to more characters if I get time in the future.

• Like 1

I uninstalled and then reinstalled the 0.76.7b version and no luck.  I still cannot connect to repository.  Here is my log:

Thanks for posting your log Straasha. I notice the git version was not printed which indicates to me there's an issue with the git detection which would explain the git connection error. I've added an extra check for this and made some other tweaks to help catch this issue.

Can users with connection problems test this version and post the /tmp/CloverThemeManagerLog.txt file if encountering an error?

CloverThemeManager 0.76.7b2.zip

I was having the same connection problem but I actually didn't have the Xcode command line tools installed  :hysterical:. I updated to High Sierra and totally forgot to install Xcode and family. Just type this in a Terminal and you'll be good to go:

xcode-select —install
  • Like 2

I was having the same connection problem but I actually didn't have the Xcode command line tools installed  :hysterical:. I updated to High Sierra and totally forgot to install Xcode and family. Just type this in a Terminal and you'll be good to go:

xcode-select —install

Has no problem running CTM 0.76.7b under 10.13.1 recently, w/o XCode CLT but just git installed 1st..  :)

• 2 months later...

Was having the connection issue.  Patch did not fix.  Then ran git from terminal and realized I had not accepted license agreement for Xcode, since updating...  all fixed now.  thx

Can users with connection problems test this version and post the /tmp/CloverThemeManagerLog.txt file if encountering an error?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi guys,

My Theme Manager gets stuck at "Connecting to repository". And I'm pretty sure it's because the git port is blocked in my case (long story, no point to go into details).

I usually get around this by simply replacing git://git.address with http://git.address.

Problem is, I don't know where can I adjust that address.

Also, I couldn't find ~/Library/Preferences/org.black.CloverThemeManager.plist. Probably because in this case the app is not installed/properly initialised?

No idea. I can access the Repo in browser. So I'm pretty sure it's not a problem on that side.

Thing is: can anyone confirm the app is using a git:// protocol? And if yes, any idea how can I change that?

post-1303722-0-08024300-1518526099_thumb.png post-1303722-0-09517100-1518526113_thumb.png

EDIT: I just noticed there is someone with the same issue above. Probably the same cause, too...? :))

Would be cool if actually changing the protocol from git:// to http:// would actually fix this issue for everyone.