Clover Theme Manager

blackosx

589 posts in this topic

New version of the main app (v0.76.2) attached to the first post.

Changelog:

- Added a new user selectable feature to clean items downloaded to the App Support dir which may cause issue with loading the app if things have changed server-side, or the user is upgrading from an older version. Credit to Micky1979 for his objective-c skills.

- The main app now cleans the temporary dir rather than the bash script.

- Fixed positioning issue with theme update check progress bar when bootlog is visible.

So, if when loading the app, it seems to stall on the initialisation screen for a noticeable amount of time (30 seconds or so), or the app loads but you're missing the theme list or screenshots then you can choose the 'Clean CloverThemeManager' menu option from the CloverThemeManager menu or press command-c.

bhiwlv.jpg

• Like 2

No I don't see that here. All works fine.

For the issue you see, please confirm it happens when you:

1 - select options>themes and then you cannot return to the main screen by pressing escape? or

2 - select options>themes, delete existing theme entry and type the name of another installed theme followed by escape?

Hi,

It happens in both cases. The common thing is when I press Escape button.

UpID18

OS X_10.7.5 - previous app versions notify of the update, but on a 10.11.2 this did not happen.

attachicon.gifID18_OSX10.7_5.jpg

attachicon.gifOSX10.7_5mbrCloverThemeManagerLogUP18.zipattachicon.gif10.11_2CMT_ID18CloverThemeManagerLog.zip

Hi droplets

I’m not sure I understand. Both logs show exactly the same for the app updates:
   CheckForAppUpdate()
Checking to see if there's an application update available.
        Removing previous CloverThemeManagerApp/CloverThemeManager directory
        serverAppVersion=0.76.2
Application is at latest version: 0.76.2
Checking to see if there are any script updates available.
No script updates available. Current=18 | Server=18

I have not yet installed the current beta of 10.11.2. Maybe I need to as are you saying that from 10.11.2 beta, if I run CloverThemeManager_v0.76.2_updateID_17 then I will not see update message for Update ID 18?

Hi,

It happens in both cases. The common thing is when I press Escape button.

What happens when you press escape without entering the options menu?

Hi blackosx!

Maybe I need to as are you saying that from 10.11.2 beta, if I run CloverThemeManager_v0.76.2_updateID_17 then I will not see update message for Update ID 18?

Yes, that's right .

CloverThemeManager_v0.76.2_updateID_18, OS X 10.11.2 - everything is working.

post-617057-0-27598200-1446261732_thumb.jpg

OSX10.11.2CloverThemeManager_ID18.zip

PS I don't know how to explain it, but today everything is working.

OS X10.11.1

post-617057-0-15179600-1446353889_thumb.jpg

OS X 10.11.2

post-617057-0-31371000-1446354004_thumb.jpg

Hi droplets

I’m not sure I understand. Both logs show exactly the same for the app updates:
   CheckForAppUpdate()
Checking to see if there's an application update available.
        Removing previous CloverThemeManagerApp/CloverThemeManager directory
        serverAppVersion=0.76.2
Application is at latest version: 0.76.2
Checking to see if there are any script updates available.
No script updates available. Current=18 | Server=18

I have not yet installed the current beta of 10.11.2. Maybe I need to as are you saying that from 10.11.2 beta, if I run CloverThemeManager_v0.76.2_updateID_17 then I will not see update message for Update ID 18?

What happens when you press escape without entering the options menu?

It kinda refresh the GUI I think.

Note: My Keyboard most of times malfuntions! maybe that's why. I will try on a friend's Laptop and and let you know.

PS I don't know how to explain it, but today everything is working.

Thanks for the update droplets.

It's good to know it's working now but there has to be a bug somewhere otherwise you wouldn't have reported the issue. I'm thinking that maybe it only happens on first launch?

It kinda refresh the GUI I think.

Which it should do (i think).

So far I understand Clover's GUI hangs for you when:

1 - pressing ESC from the main GUI causes a refresh.

2 - pressing ESC from the options>themes menu causes the GUI to hang (get stuck), regardless of typing a theme name.

Can you give more info like does it hang only when you press ESC in the options>themes submenu or does it hang when you press ESC in the first level options menu? or Does it hang when pressing ESC in say the options>SMBIOS? It just seems strange it does this for you when I don't hear other users report any problem.

Note: My Keyboard most of times malfuntions! maybe that's why. I will try on a friend's Laptop and and let you know.

Does your malfunctioning keyboard sometimes cause your PC to hang? 

• 2 weeks later...

Does your malfunctioning keyboard sometimes cause your PC to hang? 

Hi,

Sorry for late reply, been busy with exams :)

In response to your question, well, the Keyboard malfunctioning doesn't exactly hang the PC but it makes it sometimes unstable (such as mouse or other keyboard buttons not working). My F1 key is indeed stuck. The PC makes a very annoying sound at start hahahh :D

I can confirm that it's the keyboard. I tried on a friend's HP 350 G1. Everything is ok!

But...on my friend's laptop, the bootloader uses Tiger's icon for Yosemite O.o any idea ?

Hint: My PC doesn't provide UEFI Booting. I boot Clover Legacy (although Windows and OS X are both in UEFI Mode). While my friend's Laptop uses the UEFI Booting. That's the only difference I could notice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I have time (later later..later), if you want, implementing Sparkle.framework to automatically update the app by itself should be nice.  :)

If you have the time and energy then it will be a welcome addition. Thank you. But no rush.

Hi blackosx, check this one: 

go in the top bar menu:

CloverThemeManager ->Check for updates

.. see what happen:

post-674334-0-81013400-1454534428_thumb.png

... and tell me if you like :P

Edited by Micky1979
test app removed
  • Like 2

Okay. Great.

No rush as I'm very busy with other matters right now.

BTW is working for you?

There was a stall during the loading process this morning. The log showed it at 

GetBootlog()

The app did eventually load though but took a couple of minutes. I haven’t time to look in to it right now but I will do when I get some time.

I was referring only to the "update" funcionalities, no changes to scripts or any other functions regarding how CTM handle the online repo or temp files. Or at least now ther is a check for some settings needed by Sparkle during the app launching to consider (it's just a call to initialize it, then is a separate task from the app itself), but I know or seem that is a really fast thing and apparently can't slow other process. See you in 3-4 hours.  

• Like 1

I've had 10 minutes for some testing.

Load app, select 'Check for updates' menu option and it shows the Software Update window. Clicking the 'Install Update' button works as expected :)

Not sure about automatic update option?

Example:
1 - unzip CloverThemeManager.app+Sparkle.zip
2 - load CloverThemeManager.app (v0.76.2)
3 - select 'Sparkle Preferences'
4 - enable 'Automatically check for updates'.
5 - quit app.

1 - load CloverThemeManager.app (v0.76.2)
2 - wait....
3 - Nothing..

Should I be notified that 0.76.3 update is available? Is there a time delay for checking?

Thanks

I've had 10 minutes for some testing.

Load app, select 'Check for updates' menu option and it shows the Software Update window. Clicking the 'Install Update' button works as expected :)

Not sure about automatic update option?

Example:
1 - unzip CloverThemeManager.app+Sparkle.zip
2 - load CloverThemeManager.app (v0.76.2)
3 - select 'Sparkle Preferences'
4 - enable 'Automatically check for updates'.
5 - quit app.

1 - load CloverThemeManager.app (v0.76.2)
2 - wait....
3 - Nothing..

Should I be notified that 0.76.3 update is available? Is there a time delay for checking?

Thanks

2 - You don't need every time to check for updates by selecting the menu items. This was to test immediately by manually update the app, otherwise the app is set to do it each 604800 seconds (one week).

3 - After the first attempt, CTM has saved that you already have checked for updates, so opening the app this will not be repeated until 604800 seconds are left (if Weekly is set). That's why nothing happen.

4 - based on your settings (Hourly, Dayly, Weekly, Monthly), the auto-update should happen after that time is left and if an update is available. 

I'm going to prepare files for you... 30/40 minutes from now, after all will be clear!