[Guide] 10.10 Yosemite on the Dell Venue 11 Pro [Core iX]

alex.daoud

230 posts in this topic

Huawei 3G modem working !! (MU736)

please someone to test ?

download the zip. ==> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-sUmdgLOBgBT1MtVjJFSndoSUE/view?usp=sharing
extract.
install mobile partner
(this one may need java 6 to work, but we just want drivers, not the full app)
java here: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=fr_FR
if you just want to install usefull package from mobile partner, do
mobile partner / show package content
go to Contents/Ressources/MobilePartner.mpkg / show package content
go to Contents/Packages and install
MobileConnectDriver.pkg

Install modded Driver PL2303.kext with easykext utility (kext must be in S/L/E)

go to network preference, you should see HUAWEI MOBILE
if not, click add bouton.

working for you ?

i got it working on my ativ XET7001C but i have no card to put on it to test fully.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I've updated the OP with the the link for the SD card.

I've sort of got sleep/wake working. There are major graphical glitches though. You can do the following in terminal:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 29

and use hibernation (requires clover). Unfortunately on wake, the framebuffer is garbled. This can be fixed by plugging in an external monitor then unplugging (might work straight away if there is a monitor plugged in already on wake). There are still some graphical glitches after this happens (the same ones that happen when you press sleep then instantly wake up by wiggling the mouse). There are probably some things we need to do in the DSDT to put the gfx card back in the state it was in when originally booted.

• 5 weeks later...

I have sleep working as intended... As long as you don't mind not using the built in display. :-/ I have tried every mobile and desktop platform id in Azul and they can all be made to work if you adjust the DVMT in an EFI shell but invariably, the desktop IDs will only function on the built in display/HDMI is garbled. And all of the mobile IDs will only function on the HDMI output with a dark built in display. I've tried patching almost all of the mobile ones in an attempt to get video on the display without success. If someone has a suggestion, I'm all ears. If we can get that done, then I think the only things left not functioning will wwan and the touchscreen.

Has anyone successfully attempted installing/upgrading to El Capitan? 

I did a clean install of El Cap.  Can't recommend it tho as it kills both the travel and battery keyboards.  I'm not sure that it's the typical USB issues as both appear in IOReg, but are not operational.  I only did it to see if 10.11 resolved any of the framebuffer issues.  Sadly it did not.

On another note, if anyone wants to use AppleHDA rather than the Voodoo kext for sound.  Add the following kexts to /S/L/E/ and inject "3" under Clover/config.plist/Devices/Audio

ALC283 from Mirone's repo:

https://github.com/Mirone/AppleHDA_10.11.1/tree/master/Laptop's

CodecCommander from RehabMan's repo:

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads

Switches automatically between speakers / headphones and the volume keys work OTB.  HDMI audio functions with the audio patch/kext + laptop ig-platform-id, but you lose the internal display as a result.

MS is offering 10% off the SP4 for military veterans and I couldn't resist the siren call today so I'm probably going to be ebaying the DV11P at some point.  Keeping my fingers crossed for some Skylake support!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody,

i got OS X installer (10.10) booted up, but i am not abled to do anything because USB is not dedected (Touchscreen neither^^). So i can't get working externa Mouse and touchpad and keyboarddock are not working.

Any ideas?

I got the 7130 vPro version (4300y, 8GB ram)

Thanks à lot;)

Hey everybody,

i got OS X installer (10.10) booted up, but i am not abled to do anything because USB is not dedected (Touchscreen neither^^). So i can't get working externa Mouse and touchpad and keyboarddock are not working.

Any ideas?

I got the 7130 vPro version (4300y, 8GB ram)

Thanks à lot;)

The touchscreen doesn't work yet.  The OP of this thread is working on a driver, but it may be a while.  As for the USB problem, I had this issue on Yosemite as well, I had to disable the USB 3.0 controller in the BIOS while installing but was able to turn it back on after the install.  Try toggling it from whatever setting you currently have it on.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Venue Pro 7130 (and a 7139 that I use for Windows), and wondered if the 1st post here is up to date as far as what works and what doesn't?

I really want to take my spare 7130 and put Yosemite on it instead of buying a macbook pro.

Is there a more comprehensive guide anywhere else?  One for a beginner (I've done hackintoshes before but it's been a couple years).?

Where do we stand with what doesn't work?  I just need basics, and I have battery/keyboard model.

Thanks!

ps.  Anyone in So CAL willing to get paid to set this up for me?  :)

I have a Venue Pro 7130 (and a 7139 that I use for Windows), and wondered if the 1st post here is up to date as far as what works and what doesn't?

I really want to take my spare 7130 and put Yosemite on it instead of buying a macbook pro.

Is there a more comprehensive guide anywhere else?  One for a beginner (I've done hackintoshes before but it's been a couple years).?

Where do we stand with what doesn't work?  I just need basics, and I have battery/keyboard model.

Thanks!

ps.  Anyone in So CAL willing to get paid to set this up for me?   :)

First post is fully up to date. You should be able to follow it with no issues as long as you're installing 10.10 and not any later version. I know for sure it works on later versions (even El Capitan) but the guide was written by myself for 10.10 and I haven't upgraded my device. That being said, the guide should still be fine for anyone wanting to install later versions.

First post is fully up to date. You should be able to follow it with no issues as long as you're installing 10.10 and not any later version. I know for sure it works on later versions (even El Capitan) but the guide was written by myself for 10.10 and I haven't upgraded my device. That being said, the guide should still be fine for anyone wanting to install later versions.

Thanks for the info.  Not having much luck, though.  At first, just OOC, I tried 10.11.1.  You're step #1 assumes someone knows how to make a USB bootable Yosemite w/Chamelon bootloader, so I started with the latest ##### 6.1 and created a 10.11.1 USB stick.  ##### includes Clover bootloader so I figured why not.  That installation worked well enough to actually get me a bootable 10.11 on my Venue 11 7130.  Of course, many things don't work, which is where it starts to get incredibly complicated for beginners.  So, I thought I would try your steps, but using a #####-created Yosemite USB installer.  When I start the Clover bootloader with the boot args you suggest, it always hangs at initializing the BT hardware (which is non-existant in my config since I have an Intel WIFI card in it right now).  I tried removing the Intel card, but still no joy.  Just hangs saying it can't initialize BT.

I tried patching the kernel, but that kernel folder is not on my USB installer, so not sure where to go from there.  Also, there is supposedly a clover configuration image on your 1st post that comes up blank.  

Question, when creating a clover bootloader, I assume I want Clover Legacy boot and not Clover UEFI boot, right?  Since I'm changing the BIOS to legacy boot, I assumed so.

Lastly, with El Capitan, the video worked, but flickered severely when redrawing the screen.  Looks like it refreshes in sections.  Does it do the same thing in Yosemite? I saw some comment about video framebuffer issues in Yosemite.  To me, that would be unacceptable and unusable.

Thanks.

EDIT:  it appears I'm not allowed to use certain bootloader utility names, hence the hash-tag links in my post.  I assume you know which "uni" loader I was using to easily create a bootable USB.   :)

Edited by JahStories
Read the rules!
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have a Dell Venue Pro 11 Pro 7140. I like to try your kext for the touchscreen.

Where can I go and download this from. I don't know how to do Xcode,

so not sure on what to do. I'm on El Captain. Thank for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Dell Venue Pro 11 Pro 7140. I like to try your kext for the touchscreen.

Where can I go and download this from. I don't know how to do Xcode,

so not sure on what to do. I'm on El Captain. Thank for the help.

The drivers currently don't work on the Dell Venue unfortunately, more work needs to be done for that device in order to have it functional.

• 3 weeks later...

Small update for the people waiting on VoodooI2C for the DVP. It now works as a standalone kext. The solution is to update the BIOS to the latest A17. You'll need to redo any DDST patching you have. I'll update this post with a working kext later on today.

• Like 1

Small update for the people waiting on VoodooI2C for the DVP. It now works as a standalone kext. The solution is to update the BIOS to the latest A17. You'll need to redo any DDST patching you have. I'll update this post with a working kext later on today.

Do you know if this works on the Dell XPS 12 9250?

• 1 month later...

Hello alex, does this still stand or development was left behind?

Thanks

could this text also be useful for the veneu 11 touchpad, that if I'm not wrong is I2C as well?

Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

The DVP touchpad is USB and not I2C (this is clear when you check IOReg and from the fact that the touchpad works in Clover). The reason why it doesn't work is still unknown to me. I'm leaning towards it being a bug in Apple's IOUSBComposite driver.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there. I'm getting my 7139 later today hopefully ( I5-4300y / 8gb ram / 256gb model ). So far this work all looks promising, however, I see it hasn't been updated in almost a year. Is there still active development?

I've successfully installed osx onto a few other models so I'm somewhat familiar with the process. Unfortunately though, I'm no developer and have only limited programming skills.

I look forward to being an active part of this group :)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...