Do we still need DSDT with Chameleon and Yosemite?

sukkel

3 posts in this topic

I've just installed a clean version of OSX 10.10 on my computer. I had made an upgrade from 10.9.x, but I found some error messages in the console and had some mess-up with Apache Maven 3.2.3, so I decided a clean install.

I 'm surprised that the computer is working very well without a DSDT.aml-file. So is there still a benefit by creating a DSDT.aml-file?

When I generate a DSDT.aml-file with DPCIManager, will it be a patched DSDT, or do I have to patch it by hand?

Somebody got an user guide for DPCIManager? I looks like a handy tool, but I don't know where to start. ;-)

you looking for sound over HDMI, then you would make the DSDT using Aida64 v.3 extra from window.

you have clover boot loader, don't extract from hack side because it got a lot of error.

for a long time I I don't used DSDT, until I need HDMI audio on GTX 660 Ti than I start to learn to edit, it is simple those.

good luck

@kvonlinee: Thx for your reply.

I used DSDT for HDA-enabling in the past. I know there are other methods to make audio-configuration possible with patched kext.

DSDT for HDMI, I use DVI-output for video and the audio ports for the output of sound, so I don't have to deal with HDMI.