Skunk.34

75 posts in this topic

Simple; the card fails to output anything on any connector up until the OS kicks in. So if u flash it make sure to have additional card so there is a way to reflash and also make changes in the UEFIBIOS, the bootloader, etc etc

@ aphex6b Thanks for the explanation - I went ahead and flashed my passive cooled 750 (same model as yours) using the DOS version of nvflash (couldn't get windows version to flash it). I now have proper resolution from the DP connector, but lost the boot screen as you mentioned. I don't have any monitors or TV's with HDMI connectors to test until later this month but I'll assume the HDMI is working also. My ultimate goal is to use a 4k monitor with the DisplayPort, dual booting etc. is a lower priority, so I'll live without the boot screen for now.

Thanks to UltraLaser for sharing the rom!

• 1 month later...

Regarding the flashed Asus nVidia GTX 750 Silent, I tried benchmarking it with Unigine Heaven and it crashed the machine hard after about 2 minutes. This is with the nVidia web drivers. I'm wondering if this flash is entirely stable!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest jonatrapezita

How did you flash your card?

I've seen tutorials on internet but I'm not secure about it.

• 3 months later...
Hi guys,

I have the Asus 750 to OC 2gb and I'm having trouble recreating the success that you have had.

I've tried to flash the bios with all the variants that seem compatible, reading through this thread. But every time I flash a bios that isn't the original, my screen goes black after a couple of seconds of displaying normally.

This is true on osx (Sierra) and windows 10. It's the same on all the different ports, too.

It's like the flashing is stopping the card working, somehow.

Any ideas??

• 1 month later...

Thanks to UltraLaser and everyone contributing to this thread. After flashing my Asus GTX 750 Ti OC with UltraLasers GTX 750 Ti STRIX VBIOS now also DVI and HDMI work on MacPro5,1. With the original VBIOS only VGA worked. Interestingly with the new VBIOS VGA still works but poorly, only certain resolutions work.

Thanks to UltraLaser and everyone contributing to this thread. After flashing my Asus GTX 750 Ti OC with UltraLasers GTX 750 Ti STRIX VBIOS now also DVI and HDMI work on MacPro5,1. With the original VBIOS only VGA worked. Interestingly with the new VBIOS VGA still works but poorly, only certain resolutions work.

I'm glad that everything works fine!

• 3 weeks later...

That's unfortunate and weird. Are you sure the BIOS flashed on the card correctly?

The 750Ti PH and 750 Ti OC (which I have) seem to have the same layout, same ports, the only difference being the cooling solution and lack of extra power connector on the PH.

I even had Asus GPU Tweak recognize the card as a STRIX version after the flash. Weird thing is, the STRIX has got different ports from both the OC and PH versions, but the BIOS still works with the OC at least. 

Yes, i'm sure. At the end of process nvflash wrote that the update was success. And after that i had the different situation at the booting hackintosh. The system were starting. But after few second i had no image on monitor (it's just flash one colour). On the native BIOS i had no signal. So, the BIOS was changed. 

I found that not only me have this problem with this card. 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303771-asus-gtx-750-ti-ph-series-2gb-ddr5-asus-gtx750ti-ph-2gd5/

I do not know should i try to flash smth. else from this https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=NVIDIA&manufacturer=&model=GTX+750+Ti&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

And should i wait that in future smth. change with driver for my card...

I don't have a PH version, but it's not working for me either. (Asus GTX 750ti - OC - 2BGB)

Had a 650ti working perfectly (no patching or web driver) prior to this install. Flashed the Rom from this thread to the new 750ti card and loaded the latest web driver. It always gets me to a desktop with the proper display resolution, but only for about 3 seconds before the display goes black. Otherwise without the web drivers the card is not recognized at all, but I do get a consistent low res desktop.

Without the rom (original rom) and with the web driver I never get a desktop (black screen only)

This is with El Capitan 10.11.6, latest web drivers.

That sounds weird. I'm having no issues with the Asus 750 Ti OC 2GB. Also running 10.11.6, latest security update, latest web drivers. That's on a Mac Pro 2010. I wonder if it might work differentyly on a Hackintosh?

Not sure. I found a few bios' that people have said they've had success with. I'll try those today. If I don't have any success I'll pick up another card.

I did establish, with screen sharing from my laptop, that the screen going black after getting to the desktop is a kernel panic. That is with using UltraLaser's rom. If I find another rom that works I'll post back.

EDIT: After trying Ultralaser's rom, the Palit rom that was reported to work and a few others, I reflashed the card back to it's stock rom and returned it. I got the Gigabyte 750ti and it worked straight off without any issues. Thanks for the help. I guess I've gotten a little spoiled; I've had so much success with my hack builds over the last few years I forgot that sometimes these things just won't work.

Hello

I had same problem as described by J Lamp with ultralaser's rom. i ended trying all the roms i found over the web. The well known brick and repair way :) unfortunately no rom worked until someone near to me with a gt750ti strix "version without 6 pin power supply" passed me his rom and it worked.

so here is the rom that works for me. i edit everything with keplerbios tweaker to match the default settings of ASUS GTX750Ti OC with 6 pin power supply and everything is working fine on Windows and OS X.

happy flashing

mi.rom.zip

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new in the Hackintosh world.

I also have an Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2Go.

@OsXsO Did you test it on sierra ? Or only on El capitain ?

The rom you linked is ready for flash or is there any other step to do before (bios tweaker ?) or after ?

Thanks

@OsXsO Did you test it on sierra ? Or only on El capitain ?

should work with all drivers supporting this card!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rom you linked is ready for flash or is there any other step to do before (bios tweaker ?) or after ?

of course its ready to flash. you should minimum check before flashing if my tdp base clock and boost clock are not higher than your default ones to not OC the card but i would recommend to check all the tables to be sure. from your questions i suspect you should have a read at https://www.techpowerup.com about GPU flashing and recovering ;)

Thanks for your reply.

If you have the same Nvidia card I have, base clock should be the same no ?

But I will check to be sure.

No I didn't saw the website you linked. Do you have a link of a procedure for flashing (and back up ?) GPU ?

I'm all new in this world :)

same card , same clocks, normally yes but there could be revisions versions with same commercial name but other specifications

everything you need is at the website above..tools, procedures etc. a lot of reading and investigating is waiting for you.

have fun

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone, I have some problem with Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2 Gb. I flash videocard with gm107.rom, then after booting of windows, 10 sec and I have black screen and PC restart. The same problem on MacOS Sierra, after boot, entering password, 10 sec and random color freeze screen (orange or black) and Hackintosh restart. Have any one this problem?(

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I am a noob to this whole flashing business but I would be very appreciative if I got some major help.

I have the exact same card as UltraLaser in this topic    (ASUS GTX 750 ti STRIX OC Edition 2gb)

I would like to know the whole procedure of how to flash the card.

I don't have a Hackintosh, but an actual Mac Pro 5,1 2010.
To explain, I have just installed the card and it all works under El Capitan. The HDMi and DVI inputs work and I have 2 monitors hooked working good so far.  

The only thing that I don't have is the Apple boot screen which is starting to {censored} me off. Excuse my french.

So, if someone can send me the right instructions on how to get this done step by step, including which tools and files to use, is it done in Windows or El Capitan etc that would be awesome. I have searched far and wide and this is the only place I could find that has mentioned my card being flashed.

I just don't want to brick my GPU.

Please help a noob out. :)

Cheers guys.

Sash

To explain, I have just installed the card and it all works under El Capitan. The HDMi and DVI inputs work and I have 2 monitors hooked working good so far.  

If it works, don't fix it!  :P

Seriously though, as far as I know, you're probably not going to be able to get a boot screen with this card. The card should be flashed with an EFI ROM to be able to show the screen at boot. These ROMs are not readily available for the 750 Ti, because the card never came with a Mac. So it's not easy. MacVidCards has made a 750 Ti with an EFI ROM, which you can buy, or you can send your card for them to be flashed.

Check out this post on netkas: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?topic=11204.0