Clover Bootloader black screen + shut down

Clemaister

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys ! 

I have an issue concerning the Clover Bootloader for Yosemite. When I launch the Yosemite installation from Clover, the installer starts to load, but then the screen suddenly goes black, and few seconds later the computer seems to shut down (Not really a shut down because the power indicator is still on). 

The thing is I'm new to Clover, and I even after reading the wiki I couldn't find how to fix my problem. 

So I tested in verbose mode, but as the screen suddenly goes black I can't see what is the last loading line.

It looks like the GraphicsEnabler problem of Chameleon, so I also tried to disable nvidia graphics with the flag nv_disable=1, but nothing changed.

Can someone give me a clue to help me solve this problem ?

Thanks.

First Clue to solve your problem.

What are your specs? Vic20, C64?

I'm running a Samsung AtivBook2 ( i5 Ivy Bridge 3230M (2.6 GHz), Intel HD 4000 graphics + Nvidia Geforce 710M 2Go, Ram 8G )

Can you give full detail about your hardware? Also try to boot clover in verbose mode and post the picture at hang.

Sorry I can't take a picture because it doesn't hang, it just goes black suddenly. :/

But I finally got it started by plugging another screen by HDMI, but here is the weird result on the plugged screen : 

IMG_1873.JPG

Resolution / Refresh rate problem maybe ? Btw the laptop screen still shows nothing.

Please open just 1 topic, the another will be deleted.

Sorry about it, it seems that I just clicked 2 times on the submit button while a server lag. 

You need to research for intel hd4000 in clover, also you may need nullcpu kext.

Thanks I'm gonna search for it. Regarding nullcpupowermangement kext it is already in the extra/extensions folder, so I guess it's already enabled right ?

Disable the Nvidia, and for your HDMI video, you need edit CapriFrameBuffer.

If you want, send me your config.plist

Disabling Nvidia didn't change anything (flag nv_disable=1 ?) Thank you for your time, here is my config.plist :

config.plist.zip

Finally got it installed by removing the default clover flag (kext-dev=1). The installation worked but had a really low refresh rate on the screen.

Now when i try to boot OSX with no boot flag (only clover default une), the progress bar stops at the middle, and when I use verbose mode it stucks at the beginning at :

USBMC identifier (non-unique)

post-1313950-0-77547700-1416031551_thumb.jpg

try the one I edit

try different value to ig-platform-id as in the bottom of this one http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Graphics#Inject-/-Intel to see which one work for your machine.

If it still stuck at same place, boot inclover, hit spacebar, enter boot without cache.

post-814455-0-93290600-1416046983_thumb.png

edited.config.plist.zip

Edited by kvonlinee