XFX 7850 2gb not working on Yosemite

hailahaiela

32 posts in this topic

You clone a working system first, for backup purpose late restore it is easy.

You have chameleon bootloader now? Until you patch success kernel for early reboot done, you still need nullcpu.

In clover other hand, it give you full boot screen, and it some added it config.plist

So I suggest you learn about clover, install clover into a usb, one one my threat has a config.plist for XFX7870, it is ok for your card. It at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301682-success-yosemite-1010-on-3-desktops/ at the bottom

Put it into usb, boot from usb and chose osx to boot, hit the spacebar it boot without cache.

I recommend clover over chameleon, in my case I see it workout better and this way it eliminate boot0 error later also.

When you chose to patch kernel, seem like you do every time you run a version update such as from 10.10 to 10.10.1

Good luck

• Like 1

I find efi booting in every clover guide.can u give me a link which include how to legacy boot via it.

P.S. AICPMPatch patching didnt solve the issue.I saw patching done msg and repaired&rebuilt permission and cache afterwards too.

Again istalled nullcpupowermanagement to keep system going.Drawback is i cant use DSDT,same KP if i try wid that.

you install clover as in the picture

and you put fakesmc into [usb]/EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.10/

you may need HFSPlus.efi into EFI ▸ CLOVER ▸ drivers64UEFI

and later when you have a bot from it make sure the clover config.plist have these thing 

afetr all, you can remove nullcpu

post-814455-0-50111100-1415976138_thumb.png

post-814455-0-73327300-1415976493_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...