Hackintosh for Audio/image eiditing on MSI Z97 GAMING 9 AC

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I want to build a hackintosh for audio/image editing. The softwaresI normally use are Logic Pro & Photoshop.
This is the first time I try to build a hackintosh, could anyone give me some advice about the configuration? 
Are they good enough for what i need to use?

I saw this article so wanna give MSI Z97 gaming 9 AC a try. Anyone use MSI mobo before?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi/143167-msi-9-series-motherboards-os-x-setup-configuration.html 

Here’s my configuration list:
Processor: Intel i7 4790 
Motherboard: MSI Z97GAMING 9 AC 
Graphics Card: MSI N770 TF 2GD5 
RAM: Avexir 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600C9 
SSD: HyperX 3K SSD 120g

Thanks in advanced! :) 

I suggest you to use a Gigabyte Z87/Z97 motherboard. It will be more easy to install, OOTB actually by using OZmosis and native install OS X. You could change also GPU with EVGA one, they have much better implementation of BIOS.

Motherboard recomandation: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4968#ov

PS: Don't post to*y links here.

• 1 month later...

I know this is a little old but I found this when doing a google search.

I have no problems with my new build using a MSI Gaming 9 AC (although I haven't been able to test the wifi because it needs to be RMA'd). I have very similar specs to you but I went with a MSI GTX 970. Audio works with an patch command and ethernet works using an injected kext. I am using Clover btw.

• Like 1

I suggest you to use a Gigabyte Z87/Z97 motherboard. It will be more easy to install, OOTB actually by using OZmosis and native install OS X. You could change also GPU with EVGA one, they have much better implementation of BIOS.

Motherboard recomandation: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4968#ov

PS: Don't post to*y links here.

Complete untrue and miss information. 

Now to get back on topic...

I have a MSI Z97 PC Mate Mother Board in one of my Test systems. Works Flawlessly. The hardest thing for me when I started was understanding MSI ACPI tables. Once I was able to correct the DSDT using a SSDT, as all systems need to do, I was able to get the board working 100%. Only use FakeSMC, LAN Driver and Patched AppleHDA and booting with Clover. Don't let users scare you away. If you need help with this board just PM me. 

I know this is a little old but I found this when doing a google search.

I have no problems with my new build using a MSI Gaming 9 AC (although I haven't been able to test the wifi because it needs to be RMA'd). I have very similar specs to you but I went with a MSI GTX 970. Audio works with an patch command and ethernet works using an injected kext. I am using Clover btw.

I found a way to correct the DSDT to not need the Audio Injector Kext.