Yosemite GTX 9xx/750/750 ti Compatibility Report

jamiethemorris

146 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any word on 10.10.2 and the latest Nvidia driver?

I haven't tried it yet personally. I'm hoping it will solve my graphics problem detected errors so I can finally upgrade to Yosemite and use it as my main card

Just tested 10.10.2 with the latest Nvidia driver. I've been using both safari and chrome (both of which would exacerbate the problem) for about 45 mins and haven't received any "graphics problem" messages and crashes back to the login window. Also, All outputs on the card are now working. I haven't tried this because I have no need for it in OS X, but I'm assuming HDMI audio is not working as it has not been for anyone else on the latest drivers.

Just tested 10.10.2 with the latest Nvidia driver. I've been using both safari and chrome (both of which would exacerbate the problem) for about 45 mins and haven't received any "graphics problem" messages and crashes back to the login window. Also, All outputs on the card are now working. I haven't tried this because I have no need for it in OS X, but I'm assuming HDMI audio is not working as it has not been for anyone else on the latest drivers.

Confirmed. HDMI audio is still broken.

Confirmed. HDMI audio is still broken.

Good news for Nvidia GTX 980 users:

Using proper DSDT.aml and GraphicsEnabler=N DP audio from Intel HD4600 & Nvidia 980 GTX are both working now in 10.10.2 (14C109) and latest Web Driver (343.02.02f01).

My Nvidia GTX 980 is connected via 1st DP port to Asus 4K monitor (PB287Q).

post-70188-0-37914800-1422599844_thumb.png

post-70188-0-20049800-1422599856_thumb.png

post-70188-0-81727400-1422599868_thumb.png

post-70188-0-87688800-1422599879_thumb.png

post-70188-0-40296900-1422599891_thumb.png

post-70188-0-31550900-1422600089_thumb.png

Edited by jsl
  • Like 1

Using proper DSDT.aml and GraphicsEnabler=N HDMI audio from Intel HD4600 & Nvidia 980 GTX are both working now in 10.10.2 (14C109) and latest Web Driver (343.02.02f01).

I'm assuming you just followed toleda's instructions? I know a few people have tried that without any luck, could be operator error though.

I've been testing the latest drivers a bit more. I left the it on all day and I've been actively using it for several hours browsing the web, which is what would usually cause the graphics errors before. No problems as of yet - I'm going to test a bit more tomorrow, but I think it's pretty much safe to say it's fixed for me.

Using proper DSDT.aml and GraphicsEnabler=N HDMI audio from Intel HD4600 & Nvidia 980 GTX are both working now in 10.10.2 (14C109) and latest Web Driver (343.02.02f01).

I saw your screen captures, so currently graphics and DP audio output are both enabled from Intel HD Graphics 4600 and GTX 980?

I have the evga 970. Can't get hdmi audio working either.

Is anyone else having a Bug in process suhelperd error with this card and/or a slow boot?

What's your current OS version?

According to toleda, HDMI and DVI-to-HDMI audio are not working with WebDriver 343.02.02f01 for OS X 10.10.2.

What's your current OS version?

According to toleda, HDMI and DVI-to-HDMI audio are not working with WebDriver 343.02.02f01 for OS X 10.10.2.

I'm on 10.10.2 with the newest web drivers so it makes sense hdmi audio isn't working.

Any help with the suhelperd error would be awesome. I strongly suspect it's the gtx 970 because if im using the onboard hd4000 the error disappears. And when I switch to the gtx 970 my boot time increase from 10 seconds to over a minute.

Did you post sth?

Your reply is blank.... :)

Sorry about that, on mobile.

I'm on 10.10.2 with the newest web drivers so it makes sense hdmi audio isn't working.

Any help with the suhelperd error would be awesome. I strongly suspect it's the gtx 970 because if im using the onboard hd4000 the error disappears. And when I switch to the gtx 970 my boot time increase from 10 seconds to over a minute.

I haven't seen this error nor have I seen an increase in boot times. Can you post the console log with this message?

I haven't seen this error nor have I seen an increase in boot times. Can you post the console log with this message?

Sorry still on mobile. Thanks for taking some time. Here's a link to another thread I started but got no replies. The log's a few weeks old but it's still basically the same. Same errors for sure.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303898-boot-hangs-for-a-20-30-seconds-before-success-likely-related-to-gtx-970/?do=findComment&comment=2103002

I have the suhelper errors as well but now they are gone. I also had OsxAptioFixDrv errors on my X99-UD4. I managed to get rid of it by changing Clover settings/System Parameters/ Inject Kext-Detect and No Caches-enabled, Inject System ID-Yes

It passes the OsxAptioFixDrv memory error and suhelperd errors are gone. I als put graphics in PCI-2 slot.

Sorry still on mobile. Thanks for taking some time. Here's a link to another thread I started but got no replies. The log's a few weeks old but it's still basically the same. Same errors for sure.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303898-boot-hangs-for-a-20-30-seconds-before-success-likely-related-to-gtx-970/?do=findComment&comment=2103002

Okay, disregard what I said before. I recall seeing these messages as well. What's odd though is that it doesn't seem to happen on every boot.            

@Edkroket are you sure you need the No Caches option? I could be wrong, but I would think that would slow down the boot time just as much as the error. If you are using it to get around the AptioFixDrv memory error, I don't think you should need to use that option once you recreate the kernel cache once.

Okay, disregard what I said before. I recall seeing these messages as well. What's odd though is that it doesn't seem to happen on every boot.

@Edkroket are you sure you need the No Caches option? I could be wrong, but I would think that would slow down the boot time just as much as the error. If you are using it to get around the AptioFixDrv memory error, I don't think you should need to use that option once you recreate the kernel cache once.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try some of the alternative aptiofix drivers that are out there and see if I can use PCI-2

I picked up the MSI GTX 980 Gaming and am running the latest web drivers in 10.10.2. nvda_drv=1

I am attempting to use dual displays with both DVI+HDMI or DVI+Display to DVI adapter, but am getting a grey screen on startup if both are connected. Each port seems to be working independently.

Is this bootloader related? I am on Chameleon, tried a few versions. What bootloader are other people with dual displays using?