Patch enabling Handoff for non Apple BT4 devices.

luki1979

130 posts in this topic

sorry guys, i did not read all your posts yet ...

i do own a MacPro 1.1 and would like to enable Bluetooth 4.0

have at my disposal

Gymle Bluetooth 4.0

Iogear GBU521W6

Broadcom AppleCard pulled from Imac 2013 + chinese PCI-x to PCIe adapter with cables and everything

unfortunately i could not use neither one of those for the desired use, that is Internet sharing via Bluetooth PAN (eg. sharing MacPro Ethernet Internet to cell phone via Bluetooth).

tried to no avail on Yosemite, Mavericks, ElCapitan.     Sometimes i get connected , but no Internet comes through.

Do you have any suggestions`?

(atm im stuck on Lion 10.7.5 with internal original Apple Bluetooth 2.0 card which works fine for desired use but could be a tad faster).

(edit: my Broadcom 4.0 is also a BCM94360CD from China; someone told me already it is not an original but to me it seems so)

Rich

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

im using BCM94360CD on a macpro 3.1. with the upgrade to El Capitan from Mountain Lion, i lost my Bluetooth. 

i can see the BRCM20702 Hub in Sys info, but the Bluetooth report says its using Cambridge Silicon.

ive installed the BRCMPatchRAM2 but doesnt seem to do anything.

i attach my sys reports. can you help?

post-1898886-0-38150600-1479930352_thumb.png
post-1898886-0-19200700-1479930354_thumb.png
post-1898886-0-79905000-1479930731_thumb.png

SOLVED! 

after all the searching, it turns out my USB were correclty working but OSX was defaulting the USB host controller to a secondary one.

i could see the Cambridge S Radio controller in the BT area but my Broadcom one was being ignored.

i tried to switch adapters using Bluetooth Explorer App, but it wouldnt let me switch.

i finally used terminal to force the switch:

sudo nvram bluetoothHostControllerSwitchBehavior=always

rebooted and Voila! all working again.;-)

SOLVED! 

after all the searching, it turns out my USB were correclty working but OSX was defaulting the USB host controller to a secondary one.

i could see the Cambridge S Radio controller in the BT area but my Broadcom one was being ignored.

i tried to switch adapters using Bluetooth Explorer App, but it wouldnt let me switch.

i finally used terminal to force the switch:

sudo nvram bluetoothHostControllerSwitchBehavior=always

rebooted and Voila! all working again.;-)

Why there exists two BT? Do you own a vanilla Mac Pro?

• 1 month later...

Yes. Its a vanilla mac pro. I purchased the OSXwifi BT/Wifi internal card and it was working fine before ElCapo.

But, finally enough, i had a system update to Elcapo yesterday, and BAM, the issue is back.... and now, the original fix (changing the card via BT explorer) doesnt work! Grrrr.

i either need to give up customizing my 2008 macpro and buy a new one, or get some proper skills :-)