Patch enabling Handoff for non Apple BT4 devices.

luki1979

130 posts in this topic

MiniHack, can you send your IO80211Family.kext? I've {censored}ed up mine with other patches. I have the same card :)

Thank you :)

Okay, but the kexts I have are not patched (I use on the fly patching with Clover). I can though, if you want, either upload the original files or I can patch them manually and then upload. Which do you want me to do? 

Hello everyone,

I can confirm that IOGear GBU521 worked with Handoff. I did not try Instant Hotspot yet. Follow these for clover users:

1) Open Clover>Kernel and Kext Patches

2) Hit the ¨+¨ button under KextToPatch

3) Fill in the following:

Name:        IOBluetoothFamily

Find:           8B878C010000

Replace:     B80F00000090

Comment:  Handoff Fix

Save and restart.

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

I can confirm that IOGear GBU521 worked with Handoff. I did not try Instant Hotspot yet. Follow these for clover users:

1) Open Clover>Kernel and Kext Patches

2) Hit the ¨+¨ button under KextToPatch

3) Fill in the following:

Name:        IOBluetoothFamily

Find:           8B878C010000

Replace:     B80F00000090

Comment:  Handoff Fix

Save and restart.

You should also say which wifi card you are using - as the combination of BT and wifi is important. I am guessing it is a Broadcom card, but which one?

Here are my configurations:

SMBIOS: MacBookPro11,2

WiFi       : BCM94322HM8L (Mini PCIe, half-size, a/b/g/n)

Bluetooth: IOGear GBU521W6

I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop. Changed my wifi card to this one. Wifi works out of the box.

Instant Hotspot also works but the very first connection is a bit difficult to establish.

Thanks for the specs. I updated main post.

While I'm waiting for BCM94331CD to arrive from China .....

I got working Firewire PCI card and connected my Isight camera. I can call mobile phones and receive calls from FaceTime without wireless card whatsoever just Ethernet as I sold my Atheros card.

post-610344-0-35554300-1416504045_thumb.png

I know but this is part of Continuity, obviously we discussing Handoff in this thread but I personally thought that you need to meet the same requirements for calling as for Handoff. Silly me.

IPhone needs to be on Wi-Fi and nearby as stands in FaceTime preferences but Mac can use Ethernet. Anyway I like that feature.

Didn't work for me, still says handoff isn't supported in System Profiler

SMBios: Macbook Pro 9,2

Bluetooth Hardware: Broadcom 20702A3

Bluetooth Firmware: v14 c4096

My bluetooth is internal but connected through USB

I'll have to wait for the 2nd version of the tool seen as Dokterdok is working on supporting USB BT

Thanks anyway

I have a Broadcom (NOT Apple) BCM94360CD with a BCM20702A0 bluetooth controller that has vendor ID 0a5c and product ID 22be. At first my bluetooth wasn't recognised at all. I then entered the product and vendor IDs in the BTFirmwareUploader kext and then my Bluetooth was recognised. Then I learned about the Clover patch that enables Handoff and I did it using the following: 

Find: 8B878C010000

Replace: B80F00000090

Then, after an iCloud logout from both of my devices Handoff worked! BUT, after a restart i couldn't get it to work anymore, even though Handoff is shown as enabled and is setup correctly in both of my devices (Hackintosh and iPad Air). Does anybody know why this is happening? Is this an Apple/iCloud issue or am I doing something wrong? 

P.S. I noticed that doing an iCloud logout from both of my devices, restarting them and signing in to iCloud again gets it to work, but it is a hassle and I would like to avoid it.

I confirm that White List argument is invalid. I use Mac Pro 3,1 smbios and handoff and hotspot is working. I use Apple BCM94360CD on PCI-E adapter. I needed to delete Bluetooth preferences plist and sign out and in from ICloud. (Not in website ICloud but in Prefferences)

I have just installed Yosemite, I have a BCM94352 /AzureWave AW-CE123H combo card, I manage to have wifi working but I'm not able to use BT and so handsoff and continuity, what i have to do to make it work?? Please don't tell me to see the AirPort guide because I have spent several days in trying to understand what to do.. I have to fix only BT please help me !!

I have just installed Yosemite, I have a BCM94352 /AzureWave AW-CE123H combo card, I manage to have wifi working but I'm not able to use BT and so handsoff and continuity, what i have to do to make it work?? Please don't tell me to see the AirPort guide because I have spent several days in trying to understand what to do.. I have to fix only BT please help me !!

If you are having severe problems with BT ( my card when using the various enablers still had huge problems in pairing etc) then you could always just forget about the BT portion of that card and instead buy the GMYLE dongle and fit it to a rear USB port and forget it. This for me gives far superior bluetooth to that of the combined card and works well with the published patches for continuity/handoff. It is only around $10 and saved me much head banging.

If you are having severe problems with BT ( my card when using the various enablers still had huge problems in pairing etc) then you could always just forget about the BT portion of that card and instead buy the GMYLE dongle and fit it to a rear USB port and forget it. This for me gives far superior bluetooth to that of the combined card and works well with the published patches for continuity/handoff. It is only around $10 and saved me much head banging.

What dongle did you buy that works with the patches?