No sound Inspiron 530 ALC888 in 10.10

Manolo1

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys. I've recently installed Yosemite on my dell desktop and I'm having tons of trouble getting the audio to work. I've tried a few things from different sources, but I've yet to get my onboard audio working. The last thing I tried was editing a DSDT for the first time after AppleHDA8Series.sh didn't find HDEF. I don't mind doing the work myself, I'm just not sure where to go from here to get my audio ports running and working correctly. Please share any insight or ideas.

Thank you for replying. I will give VoodooHDA a try. I don't mind editing the DSDT. In fact, I'd like to so I can get the experience under my belt. I suppose I need to add HDEF to the DSDT in order for the AppleHDA8Series.sh script to work. I'm assuming the values I want to use are here

http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/4192-patch-audio-for-alc888-and-alc888s-vd/

It didn't make the "after" look right in DSDT Editor under Patch. I browsed the Editor folder and found a blank layout for adding HDEF, but it looked different than whats on that website above and its missing some lines. Being that the format is different, I don't how to proceed with patching the DSDT.

Hello guys. I've recently installed Yosemite on my dell desktop and I'm having tons of trouble getting the audio to work. I've tried a few things from different sources, but I've yet to get my onboard audio working. The last thing I tried was editing a DSDT for the first time after AppleHDA8Series.sh didn't find HDEF. I don't mind doing the work myself, I'm just not sure where to go from here to get my audio ports running and working correctly. Please share any insight or ideas.

I have been running OS X on the Inspiron 530 for many years now. 

I have Snow Leopard, Mavericks and recently wiped Mountain Lion to install Yosemite.

In all three, audio has always been a problem as it uses ALC888 v100001 chip (a.k.a legacy).

Toledo says that this chip is not supported by his scripts but seems to work.

Attached is my latest DSDT that has audio and sleep working with YS.

Audio works after sleep.

Only issue is that there's an entry in the system log being made EVERY SECOND:

Nov  8 11:46:54 MacNB-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAWidget at line 2209
Nov  8 11:46:54 MacNB-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAWidget at line 2209
Nov  8 11:47:44 MacNB-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAWidget at line 2209
Nov  8 11:47:44 MacNB-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAWidget at line 2209

I used that 8series script to generate the new AppleHDA.

MacNB.DSDT.aml.zip