Clover: iMessage/Facetime Fix for Yosemite

leodaniel

252 posts in this topic

Many people reported this method works, try it:

*System Preferences \
Date and Time \
Uncheck (automatic) \
Set now the real date and time \
Then go to time zone and click which one it is (you can either use the map or the scroll down) \
Then Go back to Date and Time \
Check the (automatic) But make sure after you've checked it you've set time and date manually first \
Then hit APPLY

Now try to log in on imessage and facetime smile_osx.png enjoy HOPE THE GUIDE WORKS FOR ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK ME

credits to jrmartinmendoza

• Like 1

i tried creating a new smbios in clover with a different serial but still no joy, just asks to contact support.

IMHO, would be good create a new MLB and ROM value too, after that you can use iMessage_debug for tests.

If everything goes right, maybe call for Apple support for validate your new values, be a good idea.

In this way, my iMessage/FaceTime etc...works like a charm here.

• Like 1

Now that poke mentioned it, recently I helped a guy who knows nothing of Hackintosh, install Yosemite onto a Haswell NUC. When it's all completed, he said that he played with the time settings a bit, and got iMessage/Facetime working. I checked through his config and IOREG to make sure that he doesn't do anything weird ( he didn't even install the BCM4352 yet ). So yeah, there you have it

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to get a valid serial number generated but I've been through about 30 different numbers and none of them are showing any errors, is this typical?

Serial numbers are 11 digits long?

It sounds stupid but some people really reported that it works.

Under given circumstances, it really works. But that is not a fix, it's a workaround.

Most services today use time matching and when the time is off, it's either synced by the client or the connection is terminated. When e.g. FSBFrequency is too low or whatever causes the time to run slow, it will be off with Apple server's and thus connection will be refused.

Easy solution: Make time work lol.

I install 10.10.4 on new system (desktop and laptop without OS X install before) with Clover and iMessage/Facetime works oob. I tried with/without BoardSerialNumber and both work.

However, after changing BSN, they do not work anymore. I tried revert to old config.plist, create new BSN/ROM, they do not work. So if you have iMessage/Facetime work, make sure not to change anything.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It all works perfect thanks to these tips, after many months of trying without avail i copied the MLB and ROM of my girlfriends Macbook. Will there be any problem for her? I am not worried if mine stops working, i wanna know if her mac will be a-okay?

If cautious, change board-id and system serial in SMBIOS/config.plist to real Mac's value also

Note: changing ProductName/Mac Model to a different SMBIOS (eg to the same as the original Mac) may affect power management/sleep and other functions on the hack.

So i will lose power management and/or sleep if I want things to work really good, and introduce new board-id and system serial to my hack?