Z68AP-D3 Yosemite White Screen Problem

d1ch0t0my

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have an issue that has been driving me mad for a couple of days now and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

My specs are:

Z68AP-D3 Rev 1.0 (F8 Bios)

I3 2120 Sandy Bridge with Intel 2000 HD Graphics

4GB Ram

I have installed Yosemite with no problem (apart from having to use the PCIRootUID=1 boot flag) however on attempting to boot into the OS for the first time the screen goes white with just a mouse cursor and a few seconds after that the spinning wheel which remains permanently in this state. I can boot into the OS using -x but no matter what boot flags I try it is impossible without -x due to the white screen.

I have tried using my DSDT.aml however this results in the exact same problem on reboot in normal mode. I have tried without a DSDT and configuring my own options but that results in the same issue.

It seems to me that this is a graphics/monitor issue however the onboard graphics are being recognised out of the box as

Intel HD 2000 Graphics in the Displays section when viewed in Safe mode. I thought that it may be a monitor issue so tried injecting my EDID as per CharredPC's guide here but that results in same problem :(.

I'm at the end of my tether now and could do with some help from some wiser people than I. Much appreciate any pointers anyone could give me.

Thank you!

Thanks for the reply mate. I did manage to get it to boot without safe mode using this thread however the result was a jittery screen which is useless.

I have another similar system (H55M-USB3) with an I5 chip in but it only has AppleHD Graphics which is obviously an earlier iteration to the HD2000. Is it worth trying a hackintosh on that board/proc befoire resorting to a new GCard or is AppleHD Graphics also not supported (various threads seem to conflict on this).

Thanks for your help :)

I think he meant the integrated Intel graphics in that CPU. There are a couple of Clarkdale CPUs in the iMac11 line but they both come with the Radeon 5670.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i5-3.6-27-inch-aluminum-mid-2010-specs.html

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i3-3.2-27-inch-aluminum-mid-2010-specs.html