Yosemite installation (Clover) stuck at "root device uuid is..."

martinweiss

14 posts in this topic

I am having some problems with Clover. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have installed Clover (r2988) on my USB thumb drive, added FakeSMC.kext in the 10.10 folder that I created myself, and replaced VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi. I used a MacBook Air for preparing the thumb drive, if that makes any difference.

When I boot from the USB I get to the Clover menu (= Clover works I guess), but when I choose "Install OS X" I get the message "efiboot loaded from device ... root device uuid is..." and the computer just stays there.

Have I missed something? I suspect that the problem is related to my config.plist. Is it possible to upload it here?

My system:

- GA-Z97N-Gaming 5 motherboard.

- Intel i5-4460 CPU.

- Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16 GB memory.

- Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB SSD.

- Be Quiet! E10 400W PSU.

- Corsair Carbide Air 240 case.

I am really having some trouble figuring this out.

When I press space there is no "inject with kexts". I suppose this means that it should happen automatically. Even though, I suspect that the problem is related to the fact that FakeSMC.kext isn't injected properly.

Help please :)

Hello

I suspect that the problem is related to the fact that FakeSMC.kext isn't injected properly.

I don't believe this because if FakeSMC won't be loaded you never would find Installation Screen... But you get, but don't proceed...

Try this config.plist: config.zip

If this doesn't work you need just use Clover Configurator.app and add a SMBios to this config.plist, because this doesn't has this. Device UUID is provided by SMBios ;)

Thanks PimentelX86. Unfortunately it didn't work.

I'll try to add the stuff you said.

Here's the end of the Clover_Install_Log.txt:

Installing BootSectors/BootLoader

Stage 0 - Don't write any of boot0af, boot0md, boot0ss to /Volumes/Install OS X Yosemite
Stage 1 - Don't write any of boot1h2, boot1f32alt to /Volumes/Install OS X Yosemite

Removing drivers64UEFI/VBoxHfs-64.efi driver because HFSPlus driver present

======================================================
=========== Clover EFI Installation Finish ===========
======================================================

I don't get why adding SMBIOS is "totally necessary", when the Clover wiki states that "Clover will do this task automatically based on the given processor, video card and signs of mobility. However, you may choose differently."

Source: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/SMBIOS

I removed VBoxHfs-64.efi already (see my first post).