Pandora's Box 2.0 Candidate 3 roll out

Micky1979

305 posts in this topic

Can you try this in terminal: 

sudo open /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

and tell my if you have error opening the image?

I need to know if the app is ok..

Hi c.frio, there's no script to do that, but only obj-c code that aquire all the versions inside the app...this is not a problem. The line regarding the error as nothing to do with OS version or rsync, but this is displayed because Hermes have found an error and itself has stopped all operation. Hermes is Multithread and runnings operation like rsync job is force terminated giving the error shown, but this is a consequence of a previuos error.
I need to be sure that all error will show the reason of the stop, this is the next step for me...

Noerrors. opens up finder window with packages folder inside.

I am determined to solve all the errors, but I need help. in the meantime, to do what I said above, you may try to create a DVD ISO image instead of a USB to see if Hermes can overcome the error? This will give me guidance on the effective portion of the code to be changed ..

thanks

Pandora 2.016  working whit no problems here :), Enock & Clover

and this error  are in the script, like you can see, in private/tmp, not have a folder Baselioninst/Packages, 

but, have the OS X Install ESD/Packages :)

rsync: link_stat "/private/tmp/InsanelyMac_Pandora/Baselioninst/Packages" failed: No such file or directory (2)

post-823469-0-18905300-1419860761_thumb.png

Thanks!!!!!

• Like 1

baselioninst is how Hermes call the mount point and this is ok :).
As I said the problems comes from a method that decide to terminate all the task, but the rsynk error is not really related because in on onother thread and when Hermes decide to stop all, rsync is stopped later (because is a long operation on a different thread) and give the above error because the "baselioninst" mount point was force umounted...and for this reason no longer available for rsync.
The problem come before you see "rsync" error, because is a consequence of a previos error detected that call the method responsible to stop all the runnings task.
Now I am at job, later I produce a build to make visible the exact problem, or the point where the error is located in the code.

Thanks for the suggestions, Is appreciated :)

• Like 1

on my mac or pc?

mac is core 2 duo, early 2008 macbook pro

hackintosh is fx 6300 amd

shouldnt matter though, right, since this is even before booting

when i first ran pandora box it worked fine, but when i booted using the usb it gave boot0 error, i found a fix for that, 

and now pandora is not working.  :(

on my mac or pc?

mac is core 2 duo, early 2008 macbook pro

hackintosh is fx 6300 amd

shouldnt matter though, right, since this is even before booting

when i first ran pandora box it worked fine, but when i booted using the usb it gave boot0 error, i found a fix for that, 

and now pandora is not working.  :(

About AMD cpu(s) I'm cautious because I have no way to test :( .

Instead, for the old Core 2 Duo (I own only the Core Ivy Bridge and haswell cpus), I found an easy way to test: time ago I built a perfect Hackintosh with 10.7.5 on HP laptop with Core 2 DUO for a friend of mine that kindly lent in the back for testing. So I will be able to refine the management of threads in older processors! :)

OH MY GOD it worked after i reinstalled yosemite on another HD! thanks guys for the help. Hopefully this narrows down your problem micky.

Was an old Yosemite DP or Beta?

Otherwise I'm glad you've solved, but I do not understand why. Only reason that it was a damaged installation? 

hi

just fyi..another colleague said , last pandora's  worked OK for him..

I'll look if I have any DL disc...and a dvd rw player..I do not use cd or dvd ..rarely.. :lol:

c.frio

Thanks, all seem ok then..

Making a DVD with Hermes does not mean to burn a DVD, but mean to create a DVD iso image on your Desktop (Pandora Install DVD 10.x.x.iso) that later you can burn....but only if you want :). You can do this without spending a penny :) .

Hey mickey just curios, what's the minimum OS X Version?

OK I thught so just wanted some confirmation (Does pandora use the createinstallmedia method and thats why no 10.6 or lower?).

Great guys update was successful 

About AMD cpu(s) I'm cautious because I have no way to test :( .

:thumbsup_anim: Installation of Hardware in signing, succeeded perfectly :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

iCloud problem remains, but it is a known issue for AMD
  • Like 1

Does pandora use the createinstallmedia method ......r?

Why? this can be done with Terminal using only one line of command, open Your preferred bootloader installer..and voilà! My God, Chameleon can have a lot of trouble loading Extra/Extensions or w/o the kernel file.... and beginners...brrr

This way you can't install kexts, bootloaders, no AMD kernel, no installation allowed to the MBR etc.... no Zeus.app during Installation that do that!

...though not without restart  to modify the installation just made, I'm Wrong?

and thats why no 10.6 or lower?

Pandora's Box 2.x support 10.7.x, 10.8.x, 10.9.x and 10.10.x with pre and post-installation in only one application. To me it seemed ok because I have not seen others do the same :) .

Snow Leopard is old, and have a different and incompatible installation mode with the latest ones....and I do not own hardware compatible with Snow because is really old (as I said I've only Ivy Brindge and Haswell CPUs). Intel processors seem to have no problems anyway even if really old..

Old Pandora's Box 1.3x maybe can run in Snow to build installer for Lion, ML and Mavericks.. but not Yosemite.

Great guys update was successful 

:thumbsup_anim: Installation of Hardware in signing, succeeded perfectly :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

iCloud problem remains, but it is a known issue for AMD

Thanks Carlo, I do what I can for you AMD users :)

Have you tried the new FileNVRAM.dilyb included in last Pandora? (must be inside Extra/modules you have located at the boot partition)

eHack Extreme, on 29 Dec 2014 - 2:28 PM, said:snapback.png

Does pandora use the createinstallmedia method ......r?

Why? this can be done with Terminal using only one line of command, open Your preferred bootloader installer..and voilà! My God, Chameleon can have a lot of trouble loading Extra/Extensions or w/o the kernel file.... and beginners...brrr

This way you can't install kexts, bootloaders, no AMD kernel, no installation allowed to the MBR etc.... no Zeus.app during Installation that do that!

...though not without restart  to modify the installation just made, I'm Wrong?

eHack Extreme, on 29 Dec 2014 - 2:28 PM, said:snapback.png

and thats why no 10.6 or lower?

Pandora's Box 2.x support 10.7.x, 10.8.x, 10.9.x and 10.10.x with pre and post-installation in only one application. To me it seemed ok because I have not seen others do the same :) .

Snow Leopard is old, and have a different and incompatible installation mode with the latest ones....and I do not own hardware compatible with Snow because is really old (as I said I've only Ivy Brindge and Haswell CPUs). Intel processors seem to have no problems anyway even if really old..

Old Pandora's Box 1.3x maybe can run in Snow to build installer for Lion, ML and Mavericks.. but not Yosemite.

I meant as the base for moving the files, restoring basesystem.dmg, ect. And the createinstallmedia method works on 10/7.x and later you get what I'm saying?

Sorry no. You mean using the Installer created with "createinstallmedia" as target? for Hermes or Zeus?

Hermes erase the given Volume so no, and Zeus can install bootloader, install kexts inside EFI/CLOVER/kexts or /Extra/Extensions using Clover or Enoch....

No I mean as in what you have coded to create the install drive.