Hi there introducing myself, and just wanted to post a little success story :D

frigger908

2 posts in this topic

Yeah how's it going frigger908 here. I have...well a SOMEWHAT standard build. It is as follows:

Motherboard: MSI h81m-p33 v2 mATX mobo (VT-d disabled, patched bios to unlock CPU MSR, AHCI mode enabled etc)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570

Ram: Two Corsair 1600 mhz ddr3 4 gig sticks

SSD: Crucial m500 128 gb ssd (Trim patch enabled.)

GFX Card: Evga geforce gtx 760 SC edition with ACX cooler.

And a 5400 rpm laptop drive for data storage.

I had to do something that I wouldn't advise a person who doesn't know much about computers to do. I used UEFI patch(or whatever its called now) and patched my bios to get rid of the CPU MSR lock, and I first installed mavericks. Everything was working great and the ONLY thing I had to do was patch the apple HDA for my sound and install my ethernet, and FakeSMC (USB 3.0 worked out of the box :D!). Then I got an itch and decided to download Yosemite. I used the clover boot install method that has been floating around (The one where you boot with injected kexts), I installed it  and same thing as with mavericks I just had to install FakeSMC, patch my apple HDA and install ethernet. The other thing I had to do was modify my config.plist for clover and add the audio inject code so audio would work (I had to do the same thing on my mavericks install). Everything has been going amazing so far, no crashes uptime of at least 2 or 3 days and I don't want to go back to windows. It was surprisingly easy to get this all setup, granted I used my macbook air (Which I got for 650 dollars!!!!) to get the install files ready, but it is amazing running it on a PC it wasn't intended for. Sorry if this is a little hard to follow I kinda wrote this on the spot. Hope to be a mainstay here!

d4e990837bf75f2d319b2e4e4126a705.png

I'm not using a custom smbios setting, i'm just using what clover pre assigned. :D