GA-P35-DS4 wakeup problem (solved)

Warped

9 posts in this topic

Hi *

I'm trying to solve wakeup problem on GA-P35-DS4 BIOS F14, Clover r2967.

This HW with attached to this mail DSDT/CLOVER's config.lit was 100% working under latest Maverick.

On Yosemitte all HW seems to work except:

-audio

-wakeup from sleep (asking for wakeup turns power-on and after 0.5-1 sec I hear characteristic speaker very short beep - the same when user press RESET button)

I'm attaching my DSDT, Clover's config.plist and ioregistry dump from booted Yosemite.

Can anybody hint me how to progress with wakeup issue as I'm out of ideas...

thx in advance!

EDIT: ioregistry dump updated with IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

config.plist.zip

ioregistry.zip

GA-P35-DS boards are running Yosemite without any trouble. I just updated from the AppStore en had to put the HDA-driver back. For sleep I had to use the trick with mDNSResponder which is discussed in this forum.

If you had Mavericks, it should not be a problem to upgrade to Yosemite in combination with the latest Chameleon boot loader.

en had to put the HDA-driver back.

Is this mean You are using AppleHDA for Maverick under Yosemite?

Anyway - may You pls upload here Your's working AppleHDA for reference?

It looks like issue was simple to resolve (and I overlook this :-(  )

In power properties I had disabled auto-restart OS after failure. Enabling it solve issue - sleep/resume works.

Now only audio left to resolve....

I'm wonder what is  best method for ALC889a these days.

Ideally will be to have solution which is independent on OS updates....

Can somebody advice here?

br

I used some edited HDA-driver en changed the pin-settings in the DSDT.aml file, where I also did some other fixes.

I'm not sure if all the connections work, because I use only stereo output.

I did it al long time ago, since then upgrading was never a problem. I made the DSDT when I started with 10.5.

Use one of the install-guides for your motherboard, or a motherboard which is close family of yours and you get what you want.

The way you fix audio is depending which the drivers you need.

I could upload the one I used, but it's not mine and it is already posted somewhere in this forum with complete instruction how to get it work.

Search and you will find!

Save all the good stuff in a save place, because you might need it another time, especially after an upgrade.

Bit off top. On my GA-P35-DS4 memory controller died 3 months ago, very good board for Hackintosh I use that for 6 years! I still use 775 board though. If you look at entry level new macs with 1.4 Ghz dual core CPU than I don't see any reason to upgrade just yet as my PC doesn't brake a sweat.

Back up your system to Time machine drive. Download yosemite from App Store and follow one of the guides out there. You can try installing on spare hard drive first. Keep your DSTD and use same serial number and all the smbios numbers if you want Messages and Face time working.