[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

Just installed Bronya's kernel for 10.10.5 v3 with vanilla installation and works perfectly, got my audio to work and my network but the only minor issue is my graphics....

Allthough the system can recognize my catd and the resolution is correct it is LAGGING !!!!

Any solution by anyone?

Finally, got it working with the latest security update !!! I'm in heaven right now   :)

The only issue is the sleep-wake function.... and the Logitech Control Center preferences (it takes a lot to load)

Actually the system sleeps well but it doesn't wake up (mimics my personality perhaps :)) but i don't utilize sleep-wake on my systems  just shutdown and power-up.

The only kexts i used (except for the kernel) are fakesmc and network,audio and ati's kexts.

It's  fairly stable , tested Parallels and downloading Xcode and other editors.

Thank you ALL !!!!!!!

EDIT: um....celebrated too early  :(  I  foolesly inserted the usb and booted from it but then i couldn't boot from the disk only from usb....i didn't know what to do so i re-install the OS and i am facing the same issue: can boot only from usb. I've tried a couple of solutions found here but didn't worked for me, does anyone has a solution? please...............................

• Like 1

Finally, got it working with the latest security update !!! I'm in heaven right now   :)

The only issue is the sleep-wake function.... and the Logitech Control Center preferences (it takes a lot to load)

Actually the system sleeps well but it doesn't wake up (mimics my personality perhaps :)) but i don't utilize sleep-wake on my systems  just shutdown and power-up.

The only kexts i used (except for the kernel) are fakesmc and network,audio and ati's kexts.

It's  fairly stable , tested Parallels and downloading Xcode and other editors.

Thank you ALL !!!!!!!

EDIT: um....celebrated too early  :(  I  foolesly inserted the usb and booted from it but then i couldn't boot from the disk only from usb....i didn't know what to do so i re-install the OS and i am facing the same issue: can boot only from usb. I've tried a couple of solutions found here but didn't worked for me, does anyone has a solution? please...............................

Many of us have this issue even with the Intel build, some have simply resorted to using the USB.

Have you tried using Master Boot Record when partitioning it (Pandora doesn't support it, MyHack does).

Many of us have this issue even with the Intel build, some have simply resorted to using the USB.

Have you tried using Master Boot Record when partitioning it (Pandora doesn't support it, MyHack does).

Well, i used MBR for the installation and it worked well up until that point. My problem is don't know how to make my partition as "active". Tried a couple of tuts but nothing worked

I not remember writing code to prevent restore on a  MBR partitioned disk in Pandora.. maybe is the opposite?

I not remember writing code to prevent restore on a  MBR partitioned disk in Pandora.. maybe is the opposite?

On Lion iMac it's not working, but it's old. I haven't tried it on the Intel Celeron yet, because it's a pain to change the fan. Just bought more thermal paste though. Need to get another case when I get the money.

Well, i used MBR for the installation and it worked well up until that point. My problem is don't know how to make my partition as "active". Tried a couple of tuts but nothing worked

They used to have a great program for that but it's not free anymore, so I got rid of link. You might want to try and re-partitian it.

I'm having trouble with the GPU 650 on this with Yosemite I think. It's supported in El Capitan so I think that's why I can't get my Yosemite drive going (I have it backed up so didn't need the USB). But I can't get the USB ports to work in El Capitan so I wanted to try Yosemite.

After getting both Yosemite and El Capitan to install and work on my system (Sabertooth 990FX R2.0), I installed Nvidia web drivers for my GTX 960. No matter what modified AMD kernel I use (most in this thread work great), there is massive delay with the video card. It takes both El Capitan and Yosemite about 5 minutes to boot. The initial boot sequence is normal, but once the video driver engages, the screen(s) go black for a minute or so, then the mouse shows up for another couple minutes, then eventually I get a login screen after about 4 minutes of black / mouse. Same thing happens when I change any display settings once logged in. I do get full acceleration with the web driver. If I don't use the web driver both OS's load in standard time but without acceleration.

I'm not sure if this is a kernel issue or not, but it definitely seems that way to me so I'm curious if there's anything I can do, or something in the kernels that need to be fixed. Anyone else have this issue or any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

After getting both Yosemite and El Capitan to install and work on my system (Sabertooth 990FX R2.0), I installed Nvidia web drivers for my GTX 960. No matter what modified AMD kernel I use (most in this thread work great), there is massive delay with the video card. It takes both El Capitan and Yosemite about 5 minutes to boot. The initial boot sequence is normal, but once the video driver engages, the screen(s) go black for a minute or so, then the mouse shows up for another couple minutes, then eventually I get a login screen after about 4 minutes of black / mouse. Same thing happens when I change any display settings once logged in. I do get full acceleration with the web driver. If I don't use the web driver both OS's load in standard time but without acceleration.

I'm not sure if this is a kernel issue or not, but it definitely seems that way to me so I'm curious if there's anything I can do, or something in the kernels that need to be fixed. Anyone else have this issue or any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

Do you have an SSD? Did you enable Trim?

Do you have an SSD? Did you enable Trim?

Yes I do! And yes it is enabled, I double checked in the system report.

The Yosemite installation is on an SSD, the El Capitan installation is on a platter hard drive. Both do the same thing.

Also if it makes any difference I'm running Yosemite 10.10.5 and El Capitan 10.11.2.

describe how you boot Yosemite or El Capitan, and upload your Extra folder, I will check that.

Edit:

or send the contents to my mailbox

describe how you boot Yosemite or El Capitan, and upload your Extra folder, I will check that.

Edit:

or send the contents to my mailbox

I am running both Clover 3320 (in EFI mode) and Enoch 2795 (for testing purposes) and I can boot into both OS's with either. Both have the same result.

I will have to get my extra folder when I get home tonight. I can access and post my Clover EFI folder right now if that would help.

I have attached both Extra folders I am currently using to test, one on the SSD and one on the regular hard drive. Thank you!

Another bizarre issue I have only when the nvidia web drivers are loaded for my GTX 960 (doesn't happen if I use nv_disable=1) - Finder freezes up when opening a new window or tab, but only in icon and cover flow view. List and column mode work great and don't freeze it at all. I have deleted all DS_Store files on my drive and it still happens in those modes only. Again, it seems like a kernel issue working with the nvidia web driver.

Another bizarre issue I have only when the nvidia web drivers are loaded for my GTX 960 (doesn't happen if I use nv_disable=1) - Finder freezes up when opening a new window or tab, but only in icon and cover flow view. List and column mode work great and don't freeze it at all. I have deleted all DS_Store files on my drive and it still happens in those modes only. Again, it seems like a kernel issue working with the nvidia web driver.

install the nvidia webdriver updater.app then boot with nv_drive=1 ...then it should work normal.

install the nvidia webdriver updater.app then boot with nv_drive=1 ...then it should work normal.

Thank you for the information! I downloaded the app and it says I'm running the latest web driver version available.

If it makes any difference, I have a 4K screen along with two other screens (1440x900 & 1680x1050) I am running together. When I hook it up to just one screen, sometimes it boots a tiny bit faster (more like 3 minutes of black screen & mouse) but changing any display settings still takes at least 2 minutes of black screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing occurs here, when click on Finder, open Safari or Google Chrome, click on the Apple logo to shutdown/restart/etc the system freeze.

I`ve run the web driver updater and I'm using the latest version, try changing the machine type from iMac to Mac Pro but the problem continues.

Thank you for the information! I downloaded the app and it says I'm running the latest web driver version available.

If it makes any difference, I have a 4K screen along with two other screens (1440x900 & 1680x1050) I am running together. When I hook it up to just one screen, sometimes it boots a tiny bit faster (more like 3 minutes of black screen & mouse) but changing any display settings still takes at least 2 minutes of black screen.

Same thing occurs here, when click on Finder, open Safari or Google Chrome, click on the Apple logo to shutdown/restart/etc the system freeze.

I`ve run the web driver updater and I'm using the latest version, try changing the machine type from iMac to Mac Pro but the problem continues.

I also have the same problem :(

it may be that you need to install the "AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext"  driver in extra/extensions? ... install the drivers and check if you see that the behavior of the graphics card is better... I have no other idea what it could be.

Hi,

Im new to updating OSX 10.10.1 to 10.10.5 and been reading through the thread and tried some stuff posted but still I cant manage to update it, anyways I'm on Niresh's Yosemite 10.10.1 and I'm using an AMD A8 CPU and Gigabyte F2A58M MoBo and NVIDIA GTX 650Ti. Everything works fine on Niresh's Yosemite version but I want to update to 10.10.5 or 10.11(but I know the kernel is still in development) none the less I still would like to update my system to 10.10.5, any tips or guides you can guys suggest? And also any tutorials that I can try to install vanilla OSX by just replacing some stuff? I'm a hardcore linux user and just want to try out OSX. Any help would really be much appreciated.

Thanks 

Edit by spakk:

distros are not supported here!

it may be that you need to install the "AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext"  driver in extra/extensions? ... install the drivers and check if you see that the behavior of the graphics card is better... I have no other idea what it could be.

I will try that, I've still been having the same issues.