[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

@lpukraine

This is it. The Security Update 2015-004 1.0 will increase build number to 14F1021 and will write a new kernel.

All you have to do is update via the Mac App Store and replace the new kernel by the current one for AMD and you'll be fine ;).

Thanks! That is what I need to know.

@lpukraine

This is it. The Security Update 2015-004 1.0 will increase build number to 14F1021 and will write a new kernel.

All you have to do is update via the Mac App Store and replace the new kernel by the current one for AMD and you'll be fine ;).

Also need to reinstall AppleHDA.kext (was replaced).

post-302440-0-40080200-1445532126_thumb.png

• Like 2

Hi there, so today I was updated to 10.10.5 (with 10.10.5_SSEPlus_V2 kernel) and Xcode to 7.1.

All works fine, but Xcode simulator.

Got this when trying to launch:

$ /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Simulator 
dyld: warning, LC_RPATH @loader_path/../../../../Library/PrivateFrameworks in /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Simulator being ignored in restricted program because of @loader_path
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/SimulatorKit.framework/Versions/A/SimulatorKit
  Referenced from: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Simulator
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5

Full crash log: 

Process:               Simulator [2073]
Path:                  /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Simulator
Identifier:            Simulator
Version:               ???
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        bash [2065]
Responsible:           Terminal [2062]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2015-10-24 13:04:01.011 +0300
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F1021)
Report Version:        11
Anonymous UUID:        358553CC-CBE9-EBA4-0EEA-6311EC62D5D9

Time Awake Since Boot: 7400 seconds

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries, ignoring DYLD_* env vars

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @rpath/SimulatorKit.framework/Versions/A/SimulatorKit
  Referenced from: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Simulator

Binary Images:
    0x7fff61a67000 -     0x7fff61a9d887  dyld (353.2.3) <B1B370A5-479F-3533-8AD7-97B687D4F989> /usr/lib/dyld

Model: MacPro3,1, BootROM MP31.006C.B05, 8 processors, 3.1 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 1.25f4
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx, AMD Radeon HD 7xxx, PCIe, 1024 MB
Memory Module: DIMM3, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, Corsair, CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10
Network Service: Ethernet, Ethernet, en0
PCI Card: ALX Ethernet Driver, Ethernet, Ethernet
PCI Card: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx, Display Controller, PCI Slot 0
Serial ATA Device: ST2000DX001-1CM164, 2 TB
USB Device: FULL HD 1080P Webcam
USB Device: iPhone
USB Device: USB 2.0 Hub [MTT]
USB Device: Mass Storage Device
USB Device: HID-compliant Mouse
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
USB Device: USB Keykoard
Thunderbolt Bus: 

I was caught this before (with 10.10.4), so was fixed with kernel update. Any ideas about again raise?

UPD: after some fun with LLDB I found a reason: csops syscall returns CS_RESTRICT flag. May be an issue in kernel code. When manually clean this flag (by LLDB) before check Simulator starts normally.

UPD2: same issue with 10105R1 kernel.

• Like 1

Hi there, so today I was updated to 10.10.5 (with 10.10.5_SSEPlus_V2 kernel) and Xcode to 7.1.

All works fine, but Xcode simulator.

Got this when trying to launch:

$ /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Simulator 
dyld: warning, LC_RPATH @loader_path/../../../../Library/PrivateFrameworks in /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Simulator being ignored in restricted program because of @loader_path
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/SimulatorKit.framework/Versions/A/SimulatorKit
Trace/BPT trap: 5

Full crash log: 

Process:               Simulator [2073]
Path:                  /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Simulator
Identifier:            Simulator
Version:               ???
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        bash [2065]
Responsible:           Terminal [2062]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2015-10-24 13:04:01.011 +0300
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F1021)
Report Version:        11
Anonymous UUID:        358553CC-CBE9-EBA4-0EEA-6311EC62D5D9

Time Awake Since Boot: 7400 seconds

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries, ignoring DYLD_* env vars

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @rpath/SimulatorKit.framework/Versions/A/SimulatorKit

Binary Images:
    0x7fff61a67000 -     0x7fff61a9d887  dyld (353.2.3) <B1B370A5-479F-3533-8AD7-97B687D4F989> /usr/lib/dyld

Model: MacPro3,1, BootROM MP31.006C.B05, 8 processors, 3.1 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 1.25f4
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx, AMD Radeon HD 7xxx, PCIe, 1024 MB
Memory Module: DIMM3, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, Corsair, CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10
Network Service: Ethernet, Ethernet, en0
PCI Card: ALX Ethernet Driver, Ethernet, Ethernet
PCI Card: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx, Display Controller, PCI Slot 0
Serial ATA Device: ST2000DX001-1CM164, 2 TB
USB Device: FULL HD 1080P Webcam
USB Device: iPhone
USB Device: USB 2.0 Hub [MTT]
USB Device: Mass Storage Device
USB Device: HID-compliant Mouse
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
USB Device: USB Keykoard
Thunderbolt Bus: 

I was caught this before (with 10.10.4), so was fixed with kernel update. Any ideas about again raise?

UPD: after some fun with LLDB I found a reason: csops syscall returns CS_RESTRICT flag. May be an issue in kernel code. When manually clean this flag (by LLDB) before check Simulator starts normally.

UPD2: same issue with 10105R1 kernel.

open your message box and check the contents, I am in doubt about the result.

Edit:

thanks for the information and testing, as well as your feedback, :)

a small intervention in the source code with a big impact.

10.10.5_SSEPlus_V3.zip

• Like 10

I hope that Apple released the xnu source for El Capitan,... I expect end of the week, then we can install and test El Capitan on our AMD hackintosh

• Like 3

I hope that Apple released the xnu source for El Capitan,... I expect end of the week, then we can install and test El Capitan on our AMD hackintosh

+1 :yes: .

open your message box and check the contents, I am in doubt about the result.

Edit:

thanks for the information and testing, as well as your feedback, :)

a small intervention in the source code with a big impact.

Thanks for such an excellent new kernel which is working for Yosemite 10.10.5 with AMD CPU Athlon 64 x2 6000+ in Asus M4A78 Plus MB.

However both V2 and V3 versions are not working for Yosemite 10.10.5 with AMD CPU Phenom 9850 in Asus M3A MB, in which only 10.10.5R1 works.

During booting by V2 or V3 kernel always very fast showing opcode errors with instant reboot, I could not catch its error message by computer.

Thank you for your kernel. Installed Mac OS X on the Phenom, Athlon without SSSE3. OS X: 10.10.5. All working. Thanks again!

I apologize for my English, because I live in Belarus, and then the main language is Russian.

Which version of 10.10.5 kernel are you using ?

kernel of y2k4u "10105R1" or  Spakk's 10.10.5_SSEPlus V2 ?

My AMD Phenom 9850 in Asus M3A MB only works with kernel of y2k4u "10105R1".

Thanks for such an excellent new kernel which is working for Yosemite 10.10.5 with AMD CPU Athlon 64 x2 6000+ in Asus M4A78 Plus MB.

However both V2 and V3 versions are not working for Yosemite 10.10.5 with AMD CPU Phenom 9850 in Asus M3A MB, in which only 10.10.5R1 works.

During booting by V2 or V3 kernel always very fast showing opcode errors with instant reboot, I could not catch its error message by computer.

Maybe try to use patched pthread.kext uploaded by Tora Chi Yo. ==> 10102-UPD-Patch-pthread.kext.zip

Also you can read this post: #1077, here Tora Chi Yo explaining about occuring the opcode error. I hope it will be useful for you.

No, your CPU is supported by the kernel !!
How to install:
1. Starting with a clean install, do not change as much as possible in  S/L/E (this experience we have made in recent weeks !!) AMD Radeon and NVIDIA graphics cards---> to remove the two problematic Extensions from S/L/E: AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext (repair disk permissions in S/L/E )
2. Install the Chipset-, Nullpowermanagement.kext, Keyboard -and Mouse drivers etc.  in the folder Extra/Extensions.  (I use an additional a custom DSDT.aml and a rom-file for my nvidia Graphics card)
3. install Bootloader
4. for FX-CPUs: when system fails to boot, then install the packet of Carlo_67
but there are also different statements with package Contents. for some making problems for the other works very well .... for X4 CPUs ...? I do not know, but Should be similar to my Phenom II X6 CPU ....

..... for Nvidia graphics cards, install the Nvidia Web drivers or Cuda, if they are supported.

....if the system during the boot process ends in a black screen, then fix the problems by patching the AppleGraphicsControl.kext with the smbios.plist that you use, see the instruction from pikeralpha

here a picture from the contents of my Extra folder and my boot-file

about the sense/nonsense of some entries in my bootfile - not bothered by it., but my system work well

.... according to this principle, I have a lot of systems (more then > 20) successfully installed.

I hope that this information will help them further.

Boot file.png

Extra folder.png

Edited by spakk
  • Like 4

Maybe try to use patched pthread.kext uploaded by Tora Chi Yo. ==> 10102-UPD-Patch-pthread.kext.zip

Also you can read this post: #1077, here Tora Chi Yo explaining about occuring the opcode error. I hope it will be useful for you.

Thanks, but this patched pthread.kext does not work for AMD CPU Phenom 9850 with V2 or V3 kernel at 10.10.5.

Up to now only 10.10.5R1 kernel working for me at 10.10.5

Thanks, but this patched pthread.kext does not work for AMD CPU Phenom 9850 with V2 or V3 kernel at 10.10.5.

Up to now only 10.10.5R1 kernel working for me at 10.10.5

install 10.10.5 as described on a free partition, then your system will work with the new kernel.

I have sort of an odd predicament that I can't seem to figure out. I've narrowed it down to issues between the kernel and NVIDIA Web Drivers. Sometimes (and it's very unpredictable), I'll have a "bad boot" and have some serious issues with mainly Finder and Safari hanging the system while loading. I have checked the console and I see the GPU restart every time this happens. I am currently running 10.10.5 (14F1021) with the v3 kernel linked a few pages back. My processor is an AMD A10 - 7850K. I have an EVGA GTX 960 ti with the latest version of the NVIDIA Web Drivers. This is a clean install with only NullCPUPowerManagement and FakeSMC installed. I primarily run Clover in UEFI as my boot loader, but this also happens with Enoch. I had zero problems on 10.10.4; these are unique to 10.10.5 and had the same issues before and after the security update. Also, they don't happen on every boot.

Sometimes, regardless of whether or not I have changed anything (and I usually haven't), it will boot up perfectly. Everything will run smooth as butter as it should. And at other random times, it will simply have a bad boot with these issues. If it was very intermittently and could knowingly be fixed by just one reboot, then I wouldn't worry about it, but sometimes I'll have to reboot 2 or 3 times for it to be fine.

I have attached a screenshot of my console and the actual GPURestart log. I should also add that I've tried about 2 or 3 different kernels (I think all three versions of the 10.10.5 kernel on this thread) and I have faced the same issues.

GPURestart.txt 

post-1452981-0-10997600-1446267444_thumb.png

I have sort of an odd predicament that I can't seem to figure out. I've narrowed it down to issues between the kernel and NVIDIA Web Drivers. Sometimes (and it's very unpredictable), I'll have a "bad boot" and have some serious issues with mainly Finder and Safari hanging the system while loading. I have checked the console and I see the GPU restart every time this happens. I am currently running 10.10.5 (14F1021) with the v3 kernel linked a few pages back. My processor is an AMD A10 - 7850K. I have an EVGA GTX 960 ti with the latest version of the NVIDIA Web Drivers. This is a clean install with only NullCPUPowerManagement and FakeSMC installed. I primarily run Clover in UEFI as my boot loader, but this also happens with Enoch. I had zero problems on 10.10.4; these are unique to 10.10.5 and had the same issues before and after the security update. Also, they don't happen on every boot.

Sometimes, regardless of whether or not I have changed anything (and I usually haven't), it will boot up perfectly. Everything will run smooth as butter as it should. And at other random times, it will simply have a bad boot with these issues. If it was very intermittently and could knowingly be fixed by just one reboot, then I wouldn't worry about it, but sometimes I'll have to reboot 2 or 3 times for it to be fine.

I have attached a screenshot of my console and the actual GPURestart log. I should also add that I've tried about 2 or 3 different kernels (I think all three versions of the 10.10.5 kernel on this thread) and I have faced the same issues.

attachicon.gifGPURestart.txt 

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-10-31 at 12.46.31 AM.png

we can not discuss these Problimatic here, because we come now off topic.

--> Nvidia graphics card problems-> delete the two Problematic drivers and patch the AppleGraphicsControl.kext, repair the disk permissions.

install the Web drivers and use a modified DSDT.

... or open a new page in which we discuss specially your problem, AMD A10 is something special.

Apple makes it very exciting this year with the publication of xnu source for El Capitan..... Last year has apple published the source for Yosemite on 29/30. Oct. and now, today we have the 31.10. and we do not have the source. :(

• Like 3

Apple makes it very exciting this year with the publication of xnu source for El Capitan..... Last year has apple published the source for Yosemite on 29/30. Oct. and now, today we have the 31.10. and we do not have the source. :(

Do they have to put it by law or they don't have to?

Do they have to put it by law or they don't have to?

It is required by it's license if I'm correct.

• Like 1

install 10.10.5 as described on a free partition, then your system will work with the new kernel.

Thanks.

Unfortunately after clean install 10.10.5 (14F27) on a free partition I still got the same opcode error during booting with your V2 or V3 kernel.

However there is no such a problem for another AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ CPU in Asus M4A78 Plus MB.

It is related to different AMD CPUS' behavior or just imcompatible to Phenom X4 9850 CPU only (?).

So I use 110.10.5R1 kernel now which works for Phenom X4 9850 CPU.

TheRealGudv!n:

I'm still waiting for answer from TheRealGudv!n :

Which version of 10.10.5 kernel are you using ?

kernel of y2k4u "10105R1" or  Spakk's 10.10.5_SSEPlus V2 ?

My AMD Phenom 9850 in Asus M3A MB only works with kernel of y2k4u "10105R1".