[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

I've test this kernel and it's working, thank you very much! But bus frequency is incorrect when my system is booting. But with bronya kernel every thing is correct. This incorrect bus speed can cause my system will not boot sometimes, I talked about it here:             #1286            . And here some screenshots (second screenshot with bronya kernel):

with which old amd kernel of Tora Chi Yo you have the correct bus frequency received? if I do that, then I can adjust that. otherwise we'd better wait until Bronya or Tora Chi Yo or Andy are online. I want to make no Steam Experiment. ^_^

I've Tried original Tora Chi Yo 8n kernel, and your modified version of 8n with 10.10.2 based, and both have incorrect bus speed at boot. I didn't try older versions of Tora Chi Yo. But like I said, with bronya kernel bus frequency is correct. So we should wait like you said i suppose...

p.s. I think with older versions of Tora Chi Yo kernel there would be no change...

Edited by ImmortalSoulL
  • Like 1

Congratulations! :) Shanee.

please create a second partition and test on this second partition if you get to run Yosemite 10.10.5 Build 14F19a . perhaps I'm doing something wrong here.

please create a second partition and test on this second partition if you get to run Yosemite 10.10.5 Build 14F19a . perhaps I'm doing something wrong here.

Once I get more time I will give it a try :)

I've test this kernel and it's working, thank you very much! But bus frequency is incorrect when my system is booting. But with bronya kernel every thing is correct. This incorrect bus speed can cause my system will not boot sometimes, I talked about it here:             #1286            . And here some screenshots (second screenshot with bronya kernel):

try that

Kernels.zip

• Like 2

Bronya rc7 got the furthest stuck as you can see below. No amount of kernel flags got it past.

uploadfromtaptalk1438796733652.jpg

• Like 1

Bronya rc7 got the furthest stuck as you can see below. No amount of kernel flags got it past.

attachicon.gifIMG_20150805_183907.jpg

... problem since Update of (build 14F6a) to (build 14F19a), system stuck at: [iOBluetoothHCIController] [searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] - Missing Bluetooth Controller transport!

Shaneee, I hope you have followed my advice --- to take the test on the second partition. ^_^
Yes, unfortunately, you have the same problem,

after IOBluetooth ..... then concludes ... resetting catalogue

this problem occurs with every kernel ..... any trigger ?....

I almost tried everything, unfortunately I can not fix this problem. We need ideas to resolve the issue

I have removed all third party drivers, unfortunately it changed nothing. :(

we should discuss the issue further here. ^_^ thx

Edited by spakk

try that

I just tried this kernel and it's wonderful! I think you just solve that bus speed problem! Thank you very much! You are genius! It seems to be that kernel read FSB from BIOS - nice! There screenshot:

post-1484325-0-28780600-1438800866_thumb.png

• Like 1

I just tried this kernel and it's wonderful! I think you just solve that bus speed problem! Thank you very much! You are genius! It seems to be that kernel read FSB from BIOS - nice! There screenshot:

thanks for your feedback, but I do me not want to decorate with false laurels. the thanks goes to our Developers who have paved this path. ^_^

• Like 2

thanks for your feedback, but I do me not want to decorate with false laurels. the thanks goes to our Developers who have paved this path. ^_^

Yeah you right, but still thank you and all developers and everyone for your hard work! Really very good job! 

re bluetooth, i would say that something may have changed in the graphics drivers. your framebuffer (amd) or nvcap (nvidia) are wrong for this os or it is another graphics acceleration issue. fixed bluetooth error once on nvidia by removing the nvcap from dsdt and enabling injection to find the right one. in my case, something had changed from 10.8-10.10. good luck! hope at least it will give you some ideas.

• Like 1

re bluetooth, i would say that something may have changed in the graphics drivers. your framebuffer (amd) or nvcap (nvidia) are wrong for this os or it is another graphics acceleration issue. fixed bluetooth error once on nvidia by removing the nvcap from dsdt and enabling injection to find the right one. in my case, something had changed from 10.8-10.10. good luck! hope at least it will give you some ideas.

thanks for the information, I'll check that.

should i try this kernel for my setup ?

acer iconia tab w500 with amd c-50 proccessor which supports ssse3

i tried niresh yousmite zone 10.10.1 usb setup but i wasnt able to complete boot to setup yet

always stuck at ACPI:EC , tried lots of flags and combinations and none worked yet :/

should i try this kernel for my setup ?

acer iconia tab w500 with amd c-50 proccessor which supports ssse3

i tried niresh yousmite zone 10.10.1 usb setup but i wasnt able to complete boot to setup yet

always stuck at ACPI:EC , tried lots of flags and combinations and none worked yet :/

we do not support distros !!

@spakk

i know that

i have vanilla yosmite app on my device already so i can make usb installer

all i am asking if this kernel will make my amd c-50 / amd hd6250 work with it or not

... sorry for the misunderstanding. I think so otherwise use the last kernel of Bronya Vers. rc7

• Like 1

@spakk

i know that

i have vanilla yosmite app on my device already so i can make usb installer

all i am asking if this kernel will make my amd c-50 / amd hd6250 work with it or not

No one knows that, you need to try it, your processor may work with system, but video card - not sure, I think it's not supported, that's why you couldn't boot in installation menu... Read this:            #2            , look at "Discrete GPU" section. But there can be other reason why it can't get into setup menu, anyway - try it!))

• Like 2

Edit:

For the HD6250, I agree with ImmortalSoul it will be difficult .... possibly it can work by modifing the DSDT.aml or use OS X compatible graphics card.

it is possible to install another graphics card in your computer?

Edited by spakk

Hello spakk! I have tested your kernel and found another problem, now when my system boots, sometimes my mulitplier can drop from 16.5 to 8 and my system then is little laggy. It's strange why it's happening, i thinking maybe it's because of amd cool&quiet technology, what do you think? Here you can look at screenshot:

post-1484325-0-01490200-1439099658_thumb.png

We should wait until bronya or Andy are back, the last changes he has made, missing me.

but I check the entries in the source

• Like 1

@ImmortalSoulL
here writes Bronya "....This kernel rc7 read busFreq from only bootloader!
In trap.c delete "invalid RDMSR" and implement in opemu.c!
Chameleon bootloader version in 2594! ..."

I'm assuming that was all displayed correctly with kernel rc7.
only he can tell us how did he do that exactly. :(

I was for long time not present here, and have unfortunately missed the changes.

but the problems that you have, I can not recognize at my hackintosh.

• Like 1