[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

my usb drive to where to put the kernel

@ZiggyW

The only reason I don't place my kernels in the standard directory is because of software updates replacing the kernel, It's better to have it in a different location and have an alias linking to it in /System/Library/Kernels or under a different name with alias link called kernel (needed for VMware).

• Like 3

@ZiggyW

The only reason I don't place my kernels in the standard directory is because of software updates replacing the kernel, It's better to have it in a different location and have an alias linking to it in /System/Library/Kernels.

you're completely right , it's was where I put to it make it bootable , but there are many ways  that lead to Rome 

• Like 1

@ZiggyWThe only reason I don't place my kernels in the standard directory is because of software updates replacing the kernel, It's better to have it in a different location and have an alias linking to it in /System/Library/Kernels or under a different name with alias link called kernel (needed for VMware).

Exactly what I was thinking, not to mention that it would be more or less seamless to do a system update via App Store.

wooh !! 

good job , works oob on my Intel CPU Xeon ivy bridge and opengl is very good , no flag busratio and fsb .

i tested on my FX 8350 and kabini 5350 ;)

thank 

PS : for boot on the kernel et no kernelcache => flag : UseKernelCache=No ;) 

post-1093405-0-57358400-1415452348_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-68839100-1415452370_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-55164800-1415452682_thumb.png

Edited by gils83
  • Like 1

:)

Athlon 5350 

euh ?? bof .......... idem kernel Bronya 14A389 , my kabini is low  :( value frequency is bad  1600 Mhz :(

flag : busratio=20 fsb=100 Mhz / HD 4670 work / GT 440 work but lag......lag..........lag............... :(  and HD 6850 no work screen white :(

post-1093405-0-97621700-1415458763_thumb.png

Have to say many thanks for kernel! It's simply amazing!

Try to boot with USB installer on my config (Athlon 64 X2 4200+). Catch kernel panic on start:

post-302440-0-27699900-1415460436_thumb.jpg

Tried to replace corecrypto.kext from 10.9.5 and boot but same result.

Have to say many thanks for kernel! It's simply amazing!

Try to boot with USB installer on my config (Athlon 64 X2 4200+). Catch kernel panic on start:

attachicon.gifDSC_2844.JPG

Tried to replace corecrypto.kext from 10.9.5 and boot but same result.

Use fakesmc from Duran post above. I can't compile with blowfish decrypter so need fakesmc anyway

@Ipukraine

I've hidden your post to moderate later (currently out and using tapatalk to reply), please do not post links to external and possible illegal content on the public forum.

Kind Regards

Duran

Ok, sorry!

• Like 2

Based on Bronya,Anv and Sinetek's jobs. It was my first kernel i every released so i'm very exciting! No opemu at this time so only for SSE3 capable cpus. Thanks for a lot of congrats and support guys!

Here it is :)attachicon.gifkernel.zip

attachicon.gifKépernyőfotó 2014-11-08 - 1.31.00.png

I have up to SSE4a Yay :D:):yes: .

I have a lot of problems with installer.

With chameleon it staty at boot0 (after some boot:GTP etc..)

With other can't change kernel or it doesn't boot

How do you create installer? What method do you use to create installer?

EDIT1 : Chameleon now boot. But Yosemite installer does't boot after loading kext from chameleon (Not yet on black screen)

post-1229683-0-33135400-1415501001_thumb.png

Try a alias link to the kernel elsewhere.