[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

sakk, "10.10.5 14F27A" works on my PC, I just have some freezes when I use some programs or try open files from programs - I don't know why yet, my PC config is a bit complex. May be something with unsupported hardware (or I don't know with that - I'll try figure out later).

By the way - I haven't changed pthread.kext, it's original from 10.10.5. I've just installed your kernel (just kernel, only one file), amfid and 3 kexts from archive "package 10.10.5" - after that kernel had booted in safe mode with nv_disable=1 and I've installed 10.10.5 on separate SSD.

Do I need to replace original pthread.kext with somewhat else?

And about kernel panic "HPETs not found" - which is the best way to fix that error: NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, right DSDT, may be kernel flag "cpus=1" or something else?

I've just installed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext on fresh system after installation.  During installation I have not had kernel panic (even without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext).

P. S. I have used Chameleon r2716 and Enoch r2760 - with NVRam.dylib both have had "Memory Allocation Error" during boot. Have changed boot cache compression method to "lzss" already - error persists (but I've used kernel cache on boot. will try without cache.).

• Like 1

sakk, "10.10.5 14F27A" works on my PC, I just have some freezes when I use some programs or try open files from programs - I don't know why yet, my PC config is a bit complex. May be something with unsupported hardware (or I don't know with that - I'll try figure out later).

By the way - I haven't changed pthread.kext, it's original from 10.10.5. I've just installed your kernel (just kernel, only one file), amfid and 3 kexts from archive "package 10.10.5" - after that kernel had booted in safe mode with nv_disable=1 and I've installed 10.10.5 on separate SSD.

Do I need to replace original pthread.kext with somewhat else?

And about kernel panic "HPETs not found" - which is the best way to fix that error: NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, right DSDT, may be kernel flag "cpus=1" or something else?

I've just installed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext on fresh system after installation.  During installation I have not had kernel panic (even without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext).

P. S. I have used Chameleon r2716 and Enoch r2760 - with NVRam.dylib both have had "Memory Allocation Error" during boot. Have changed boot cache compression method to "lzss" already - error persists (but I've used kernel cache on boot. will try without cache.).

Then read a little here: http://www.hackintoshosx.com/topic/20557-power-management-for-intel-i5-3210m-in-mavericks/page-2. in relation to ssdt.aml search for AMD.DMG of rampagedev and install, the right ssdt for your board and lead the changes in the link above

Current versions of Chameleon/Enoch contain FileNVRam.dylib ver. 1.1.3. I've found FileNVRAM.dylib & FileNVRAM.kext more recent version (1.1.4-81), which work in Yosemite. But not on my PC (yet) - OS boots normally, even file /Extra/nvram.plist has been created, but after reboot vars disappear and file nvram.plist stays unchanged. Now I'm trying to get NVRam working.

P. S. with nv_disable=1 OS boots very quickly and there are no freezes and lags (but video is sloowww, of course).

always the same game with the update of the source code. When we solve a problem, then Apple released a new source, nice   :D​   I will tonight, check after work, which benefits brings the new kernel for my AMD hackintosh.

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2

@y2k4u,

you need to use xnu-2782.40.9 for 10.10.5 not xnu-2782.30.5 for 0.10.4  :)

What do you mean?  10104R1.zip is 10.10.4 kernel for Yosemite 10.10.4.

10105R1.zip is 10.10.5 kernel for Yosemite 10.10.5

Can I update via App Store from working 10.10.4 to 10.10.5? After update need to replace only this kernel?

I have not tried that path but I don't see why not.  Try it and you'll be the first.

I think we wait even better to the current kernel 10.10.5

No need to wait. 10105R1.zip above is 10.10.5 kernel for Yosemite 10.10.5.  

Got this using the 10.10.5 kernel

attachicon.gifIMG_20150917_212534.jpg

Probably due to previously patched kexts corrupting 10.10.5. Did you try a clean install?

??? works good for me  :worried_anim:

oops :(

y2k4u

use corecrypto/pthread Yosemite 10.10   :)

On my clean install, I did not have to change any kexts except for my usual graphics/sound/NForce patches.  No corecrypto/pthread needed.

• Like 1