[GUIDE] ASRock H97 Pro4 Yosemite with Clover UEFI Installation

rednous

120 posts in this topic

Edseven's post has me confused. He says he changed info.plist in AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext, yet I cannot find that file when I show AGPM's contents. He shows this code:

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>Nvidia ID AGPM</string>

<key>Find</key>

<string>Vendor10deDevice119e</string>

<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>

<true/>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AppleGraphicsPowerManagement</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<string>Vendor10deDevice1004</string>

</dict>

I know I need to substitute my own values, but I don't know where to place the quoted code. Does it go in AGPM's info.plist or in Clover's config.plist? OK, I figured out that I need to use this in Clover's config.plist. There are two sets of values there. I know my vendor id and device id, but I don't know what value I should have Clover find to replace.

There are two sets of values there. I know my vendor id and device id, but I don't know what value I should have Clover find to replace.

info.plist of AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext [iMac14,2 (Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61) is expanded]:

2q2e7ia.png

I applied the following to patch AGPM as edseven did in his post, using Vendor10deDevice1187 since I have GTX 760 :

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
<string>Nvidia ID AGPM</string>
<key>Find</key>
<string>Vendor10deDevice119d</string>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<true/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleGraphicsPowerManagement</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<string>Vendor10deDevice1187</string>

There was no change. AGPM looks the same both before and after the patch.

EDIT: After inspecting further, I found that System Information shows:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCI Slot 0

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 2048 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x119e

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0

119e is not the correct device id for GTX 760, it should be 1187. Maybe I got my values swapped in config.plist. Now, when I select Sleep from the Apple menu the display goes dark as before, the fans run full speed as before, but the HDD does not spin down. However, it wakes! Progress made!  Attempting Sleep a second time resulted in the original results: dark display, HDD spindown, fans rolling, no wake.

EDIT 2: I tried The Real Deal's solution in the thread you linked and now I have localhost kernel[0]: [AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor10deDevice119e. Yay! It seemed to make no difference in behavior though, until I removed my TRENDnet Wifi USB adapter. Now it sleeps and wakes properly. The USB dongle may have been the culprit all along. I'm going to look into a more native solution for wifi, such as a Broadcom PCI card.

Thanks for your help here!

post-1445294-0-35615600-1418329322_thumb.png

• Like 1

EDIT 2: I tried The Real Deal's solution in the thread you linked and now I have localhost kernel[0]: [AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor10deDevice119e. Yay! It seemed to make no difference in behavior though, until I removed my TRENDnet Wifi USB adapter. Now it sleeps and wakes properly. The USB dongle may have been the culprit all along. I'm going to look into a more native solution for wifi, such as a Broadcom PCI card.

Thanks for your help here!

Cheers and glad this thread helped you to get a step ahead :) Wish you good luck with the Wi-Fi adapter!

Hello,

I have a different motherboard, Asus Z97I-PLUS, i-7 4790k, HD4600, Corsair 1600.

I tried your guide and I reached to the installation screen with a progress bar underneath the Apple logo, cursor turning into a spinning beachball in a second.

I cannot get over this hump whatever I do. Even when I tried the different guides, I got the same results. Any suggestions?

I tried your guide and I reached to the installation screen with a progress bar underneath the Apple logo, cursor turning into a spinning beachball in a second.

I cannot get over this hump whatever I do. Even when I tried the different guides, I got the same results. Any suggestions?

Very strange, never happened to me. I think you should have a normal Yosemite installation and then a flawlessly working system with your hardware.

Can you check if only these files are located in you Clover USB thumb EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI:

8z40zn.png

Very strange, never happened to me. I think you should have a normal Yosemite installation and then a flawlessly working system with your hardware.

Can you check if only these files are located in you Clover USB thumb EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI:

8z40zn.png

Hi rednous,

Thank you for getting back to me. Actually your guide works when I used a different usb stick, I think the old usb install stick was something wrong. My problem is  that I cannot use your config.plist so I used my own config.plist after the final install. It boots, then KP whenever I install network kext, audio, etc.. I don't have a lot of knowledge to fix this kind of things. Could you give me any suggestions? I know it is a different motherboard. Thanks

8z40zn.png

Thank you rednous, everything is working fine now after I used a new usb stick. I have installed n uninstalled so many times, maybe that has been the problem for the old usb install stick. I tried a few different guides but only yours boots into installation screen and it is fast. Thank you again.

It still shows distorted apple logo 6~8 pieces stretched out when it starts. Do you have any idea?

• Like 1

It still shows distorted apple logo 6~8 pieces stretched out when it starts. Do you have any idea?

Hmm, I guess it's related to the HD4600 somehow. Try getting it fully utilised and working. There are threads explaining how :)

rednous's initial config.plist worked fine for me all the way from installation to booting into OSX. The krik is HD4600 graphics won't work at all and you will only see 7MB of ram allocated to HD4600.

My workaround is to compile a "vanilla" config.plist using the boot flags and fixes as suggested by rednous earlier in this thread. I used Config Configurator to modify my config.plist. The relevant fixes for HD4600 to work is FIX_INTELGFX and Inject_Intel. Now the graphics is working perfectly.

• Like 1

Hi rednous,

Thanks for the guide. I actually went and bought some parts close to the guide. Everything worked fine except that sleep is very weird. Would you help me have a look? (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303351-yosemite-wake-problem/&do=findComment&comment=2095150)?

Seems that the only major difference we have is I use iGPU. Do you think that can be the problem?

some new sleep related errors in my tweak after the post:

10/18/14 11:18:31.411 PM discoveryd[48]: Basic SleepProxy BSP Server Disabled. Metric = 3373
10/18/14 11:18:31.425 PM discoveryd[48]: Basic SleepProxy Could not get the primary interface
10/18/14 11:18:31.427 PM discoveryd[48]: Basic SleepProxy Sleep Proxy Server is not enabled

Thanks.

Everything worked fine except that sleep is very weird. Would you help me have a look? (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303351-yosemite-wake-problem/&do=findComment&comment=2095150)?

Seems that the only major difference we have is I use iGPU. Do you think that can be the problem?

some new sleep related errors in my tweak after the post:

10/18/14 11:18:31.411 PM discoveryd[48]: Basic SleepProxy BSP Server Disabled. Metric = 3373
10/18/14 11:18:31.425 PM discoveryd[48]: Basic SleepProxy Could not get the primary interface
10/18/14 11:18:31.427 PM discoveryd[48]: Basic SleepProxy Sleep Proxy Server is not enabled

Hi :)

Most probably the iGPU is causing these sleep issues (personally I never had any of these lines in my log). What is this about in your config.plist ig-platform-id = 0x0D220003? I see FIX_INTELGFX_100000 = False in your config.plist and it has to be set to true (see below what robin01 says): 

The relevant fixes for HD4600 to work is FIX_INTELGFX and Inject_Intel. Now the graphics is working perfectly.

Hi! Thank you for you guide I follow your method and stuck with some problem.

My desktop spec is almost like you except for VGA card 

I have 

i5-4460

Intel HD 4600

Asrock H97 Pro 4 

Install on HDD

8GB Ram

After black screen with code running 

I face with this screen 

https://scontent-a-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10846453_787477074659234_6380752776926569264_n.jpg?oh=6afe23603dc94638e743f402fbdf7641&oe=54FF7CCF

It's like installation screen but I can not read anything.

Do you have any ideas about this? 

Hi! Thank you for you guide I follow your method and stuck with some problem.

My desktop spec is almost like you except for VGA card 

After black screen with code running 

I face with this screen 

https://scontent-a-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10846453_787477074659234_6380752776926569264_n.jpg?oh=6afe23603dc94638e743f402fbdf7641&oe=54FF7CCF

It's like installation screen but I can not read anything.

Do you have any ideas about this? 

Honestly said I have no experience with HD4600, but it looks like you're having graphics issue with it. Do you have FIX_INTELGFX_100000 = True (Yes) and Inject_Intel = True (Yes) in Clover config.plist?

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply.

I tried many installation. it stop at IObluetooth... I search in google and someone said it's caused by vga cable I use.So, I use vga to dvi. It's work!

Do you use HDMI or DVI with your monitor?

Glad that it worked out for you. Be reminded that VGA output port is not available on MacBook, iMac, Mac Mini and Mac Pro anymore and thus VGA port is no longer supported. Display Port, HDMI and DVI (even though there's no physical port) are supported.
  • Like 2

Hi :)

Most probably the iGPU is causing these sleep issues (personally I never had any of these lines in my log). What is this about in your config.plist ig-platform-id = 0x0D220003? I see FIX_INTELGFX_100000 = False in your config.plist and it has to be set to true (see below what robin01 says): 

Thanks rednous. I finally nailed it down to a psu issue. My system is very low power and coming out of sleep causes instability on my psu (related to minimum load). Hope someone else does not run into the same. Just buy a graphics card.

• Like 1

Thanks rednous. I finally nailed it down to a psu issue. My system is very low power and coming out of sleep causes instability on my psu (related to minimum load). Hope someone else does not run into the same. Just buy a graphics card.

Great news, I'm glad to hear you fixed the issue :)

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to thank rednous alot. I bought a macbook about 2 weeks ago. I immediately fell in love with the os... So i wanted my home computer to have it to. SO i sold my old one. And was looking for a budget build of under 1000. This guide helped me i bought the same exact hardware except for the vga card i changed to 760 because it is natively supported. I am so happy i decided to go this route instead of a mac mini which in terms is a real slouch for that 999 pricetag. I thank you so much. This is my first hackintosh the guide was quite good. The only problem i had was the sound card. It was too hard for me to understand. But the new [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] was files i think it is called [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] yosemite edition 7.1.1 And pick the kexts. Boom worked. I can say that this thing is 100%. I can sleep, restart, power on and the vga worked out of the box. I am a heavy gamer on Dota 2 played 3 days on this mac, pleased to tell you.... no hangs or over heats whatsoever...

THIS BUILD IS A SOLID HACKINTOSH TRUST ME GO WITH THIS MAINBOARD HASSWELL CPU AND VGA CARD OF 740 750 760, you will have a solid system.

I have a question though.

Is there a way to modify config in efi to when startup not to show all the terminal words but the apple logo instead. I thought i would add some authenticity.

I know this is caused by bootflag -v.

Is it safe to remove -v , if so how? 

Thank you alot for your efforts glad i took a risk and followed your guide 

consider this my review.....

ps. My build. 

Intel Core i5 4690 

ASROCK H97 Pro 4

Kingston Hyperx savage red Ram 4x2 = 8gb

Msi 760 oc 2gb ddr5

Intel 530 120 gb     <-------- Bad idea its not the fastest on the block go with a samsung 850or something

Western Digital 1 TB Storage

Corsair Rs 750 fully modular bronze power supply 130$ but a hackintosh needs a stable power supply  

Corsair 200r case

3 thermal take silent chasis fans 

• Like 1

I have a question though.

Is there a way to modify config in efi to when startup not to show all the terminal words but the apple logo instead. I thought i would add some authenticity.

I know this is caused by bootflag -v.

Is it safe to remove -v , if so how?

Thank you for your kind words and am glad you're having a working system :)

Yes, the kernel boot flag -v is absolutely safe to be removed. It's solely used for verbose booting OS X (debugging purposes). Just remove the -v argument in the Boot / Arguments sections of the Clover config.plist file and you're done, no more verbose booting mode.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! First of all thanks for your guide!
I’m new to this forum and currently trying to build my first Hackintosh. 
Looking for my hardware I read this thread and thought I might give this parts a try. So I bought this:

Intel i7 4790
ASRock H97 Pro4
EVGA GTX 750Ti SC
16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
250GB Samsung 840 Evo
2000GB WD Red HDD
TP-Link WDN8400

I followed the guide in the first post but I’m not able to install Yosemite. 

I can’t check the Clover Preference Pane box, it’s greyed out?
I don’t have DSDT.aml on the USB stick neither. 
I tried both config.plists, with the GTX 750Ti and onboard graphics. What else can I try?

I can’t check the Clover Preference Pane box, it’s greyed out?

Where's this happening?

I don’t have DSDT.aml on the USB stick neither. 

You're definately missing this part of the guide:

3. Installing Yosemite

Skip this step ONLY if you already have your DSDT extracted:

Where can you obtain the initial DSDT that needs to be patched? There are different ways involving Windows, Linux or OS X. If you were able to start Clover somehow, you can enter its GUI and press F4. If Clover was installed on a FAT32 partition, then it will be able to save all ORM ACPI tables, including DSDT and FADT. The process can take a while, especially when saving many tables to a USB flash drive. This is especially useful when you have no access to other means of extracting the table set, for example with AIDA64.

This is very useful Clover feature! Wait 10—15 seconds for Clover to complete the process. Your original DSDT.aml extracted by Clover will be located in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/original/DSDT.aml.

I tried both config.plists, with the GTX 750Ti and onboard graphics. What else can I try?

Think you're missing something... please start over the guide, since there are a lot of people which installed Yosemite successfully using this guide.

Your hardware must be running Yosemite flawlessly.

Thanks for your reply!
The greyed out Clover preference pan is happening when I’m triying to install Clover for the first time on my USB stick. Right after I the Terminal command.
How do I enter the GUI of Clover? Do I have to press f4? fn + f4 on my MacBook doesn’t work (sorry maybe I’m missing something because my mothertongue isn’t English…).

The greyed out Clover preference pan is happening when I’m triying to install Clover for the first time on my USB stick. Right after I the Terminal command.

How do I enter the GUI of Clover? Do I have to press f4? fn + f4 on my MacBook doesn’t work (sorry maybe I’m missing something because my mothertongue isn’t English…).

This is quite strange... What Clover build (pkg file) you're installing? I'm hearing for the first time for such a Clover installation behaviour.

The Clover GUI appears after you boot from your USB thumb (or SSD / HDD). You have to use your MacBook only to create the Yosemite Installation USB thumb. Then use this Clover USB thumb on your new hackintosh PC to install Yosemite. Just follow the guide, read it and act carefully :)