Making Geforce Gt640 working in Haswell

truztruz

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

it seems that my nvidia gt640 video card, that works OOB in Maveriks, doesn't want to work in Yosemite.

Tried different flags in Chameleon but nothing.

Yosemite only boots whith "nv_disable=1". Can't get full acceleration.

Please Help

Tnx

bad news here..... it seems that it was a temporary solution...

my system is very unstable, sometimes boots hangs up, sometimes grey screen, sometimes black screen with no signal, sometimes pointer freeze....., sometimes boots correctly.

these are random behavoiurs without changing anyting in bootflags or kext

Please help. May I've missed something to get Gt640 work correctly in yosemite?

tnx

Are latest nvidia web drivers compatible with gt 640 cards?

Last week I tried to install them but on boot I got black screen and no signal on monitor.

Thank you

That doesn't sound like a proper web driver installation. This behavior sounds more like standard nvidia driver was active and VGA port is on.

Start with nv_disable=1, install web driver. Restart and change boot option to nvda_drv=1. Open the nvidia pref pane and see which driver is active.

That doesn't sound like a proper web driver installation. This behavior sounds more like standard nvidia driver was active and VGA port is on.

Start with nv_disable=1, install web driver. Restart and change boot option to nvda_drv=1. Open the nvidia pref pane and see which driver is active.

Ok, I have made a fresh Yosemite install, also installed latest Nvidia web drivers.

Now system always boots fine (no more different behaviours like before), however sometimes I got random system and pointer freezes, so I have to force reboot.

Any solution for this ?

Thank you again

Sounds like the card? Dunno? I have just about the exact same problems right now with a Gygabyte board Gigabyte G31M-ES2L. I snuck a better CPU in it.

Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz × 4

GeForce GT 640/PCIe/SSE2      Mebbe this will help sombody?

I just bought this video card lol. :hysterical: Ii was a pretty cheep buy tho

Was rereading the thread. Forgot to say I am using Chameloen. That point aside I have not even got the boot loader to work yet? This was a install after windows, then Linux. So I boot from the cd right now.  No biggie..would be kewl to learn how to fix?

Figured on reloading everything later OS X first. Never did see a way to fix what I have right now? ''Boot loader wise'' other than a cd in the tray and it's boot directory? I am new to the MAC scene. Saw my mother board was a shoe in when I researched getting the cpu a few months ago.

• 10 months later...