Install is successful, When booting PC shuts off.

leveliv

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone, 

I have a P5LD2-VM Motherboard that I am wanting to update to 10.6.3  It's running a Pentium D Dual core chip with 4GB of RAM and the onboard video (intel 950)  As the only other card I have is an HD4650  and from what I have seen it doesn't play nice with OS X. 

Ill run the specs of the rig again on the bottom of this post. 

Anyways I started out by having 10.5.7 installed and found out that its a little outdated. 

so I got my hands on iAtkos S3 and it boots fine and installs fine just when I go to boot into the newly installed system it shuts off my computer. 

I ran the verbose flag and the text went by way too fast for me to catch what it says a second before it turns off. I think it said CPU halted system shutting down but that could just be my brain seeing things. 

the options I chose from the "Customize" list were

-Chameleon RC5

-32 Bit boot mode 

-qoopz 10.3.0 

Voodoo powermanagement and p state

the rest I believe were drivers for intels sata and the graphics 

Trying to boot into safe mode and verbose both turn off the computer and if it doesnt turn off the computer it brings it to a black blank screen. 

Any help would be appreciated I will get the model of CPU when I get back onto the computer. I was certain it would be a little bit more breezy of an install cause on iatkos.me is says its supported. 

Oh well thats why I came here. Thanks in advance.