Can't install HD4000 Graphic kext

Angelus882006

29 posts in this topic

First of all, hello guys and thanks in advance for your support.

I desperately need your help.

I have a laptop, Acer E1-570 where I successfully managed to install Niresh Mavericks 10.9

I have Chameleon bootloader and at first the system didn't want to boot.

It only booted with -x boot flag that's it safe mode.

After some advices around forums, I removed all the kexts files relating the graphics from /System/Extensions/Library and now it's booting fine without any boot flag but I have no internet and no graphic acceleration.

The graphic card is correctly identified but no kext are loaded.

As I said, I have the HD 4000 integrated graphic card and I don't know what to do to install the correct kext file. I tried everything but every time I install the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext , Mavericks won't boot and I don't know what boot flag should I use but I tried almost anything.

Could you please, please, give a hand with this? sad.png

Thanks again guys

Unfortunately, nothing good :(

After I installed all the AppleIntel* kext files and reboot with -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelCapriFB=3 dart=0 it stops here:

th_191685923_IMG_20141025_020317_122_105

And now it doesn't even boot with -x.

I have to boot with Single User mode and delete again all AppleIntel* kext files.

What now? :(

You can try different value of IntelCapriFB, from 0 to 11

But Intel graphics kext must be installed.

If doesn't work you can try with dsdt injection.

Open terminal and copy-paste this command:

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while()
{ chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP,
"|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

Compress and send the file dsdt.aml you find on the desktop with "More reply options" button

Sei italiano come me vero? :P  Comunque hai fatto centro, il problema era proprio quello.

Nel BIOS non c'è una voce per cambiare la quantità di memoria della scheda grafica ma aggiornando il BIOS alla v. 2.06, si è risolto tutto!!

Adesso Mavericks si avvia semplicemente con il flag GraphicsEnabler=Yes

---------------

You're Italian like me, aren't you? :P BTW, you said right!! That was the problem.

There's no option inside the BIOS to change the amount of memory of the internal graphic card but updating the BIOS to v. 2.06 did the trick!!

Now Mavericks boots just with the boot flag GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Ok, allora non hai bisogno di editare il dsdt oppure vuoi comunque usarlo per altro?

---------------------------

Okay, so you don't need to edit the dsdt or you still want to use it for other things?

Beh non saprei... per cosa posso utilizzarlo? Il risparmio energetico funziona sia con il cavo collegato che non. Mi mostra anche la percentuale della batteria. Le uniche cose che non funzionano sono il trackpad Elantech, il wifi e la scheda ethernet. Per il wifi, ho comprato un adattatore usb wireless su eBay.

----------------

Well maybe, I don't know... what can I use it for? Power Management seems to work well when AC power is plugged in and even when it's not.

It shows me even the battery percentage.

The only things that aren't working are the Elantech trackpad, wifi and ethernet card. For the wifi, I bought a compatible usb wifi dongle on eBay.

Se il sistema è stabile puoi anche fare senza.

Per wifi ed ethernet fai un report con darwin dumper o uno screen con DPCI Manager

----------------------

If the system works well you can use it without dsdt

For wifi and ethernet do a report with Darwin Dumper or post a picture of DPCI Manager

Non posso scaricare il report ora perchè il pc che sto usando non lo permette, puoi allegare il file al post comprimendolo e cliccando su "More Reply Options"

-----------------------------------------

I can not download the report now because the computer I'm using does not allow it, you can attach the file to the post by compressing it and clicking on the "More Reply Options" button

Ethernet:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293985-kext-for-broadcom-bcm57786/

Wifi non supportato...

Wifi unsupported

Si, ho trovato quel topic giorni fa e se non mi sbaglio non ha funzionato. Comunque adesso riprovo.

Del wifi lo sapevo e infatti ho preso su eBay un adattatore USB wireless con chipset compatibile :)

--------------------

Yes, I found that topic days ago but if I'm not mistaken it didn't work. Anyway I'm going to try again.

About wifi I knew it's not compatible and so I bought on eBay a wireless usb adapter with a compatible chipset :)

Se il sistema è stabile puoi anche fare senza.

Per wifi ed ethernet fai un report con darwin dumper o uno screen con DPCI Manager

----------------------

If the system works well you can use it without dsdt

For wifi and ethernet do a report with Darwin Dumper or post a picture of DPCI Manager

Hey carbo178, in merito al dsdt, potrebbe servirmi se volessi risolvere il problema della luminosità dello schermo?

Perché adesso l'unica cosa che non funziona è questa. Non ho lo slider nelle impostazioni dello schermo per abbassare o alzare la luminosità.

-------------------------------------------

Hey carbo178, speking about dsdt, could it be helpful if I wanted to solve the problem of display brightness?

Because now this is the only thing that's not working. I don't have the slider to increase or decrease display brightness.

Scusa, l'avevo scordato...

Prova questo, rinominalo DSDT.aml, mettilo in Extra e avvia con GraphicsEnabler=No

Se hai KP o altro avvia con DSDT=No ed eliminalo

--------------------------------

Sorry, I had forgotten ...

Try this, rename it DSDT.aml, put it in Extra and start with GraphicsEnabler = No

If you have KP or other issue boot with DSDT=No and delete the file

dsdt.aml.zip

Non va... Rimane bloccato nello stesso punto del quale ho caricato la foto nella pagina precedente di questo topic.

Ho avviato con DSDT=No e ho dovuto eliminare quel file.

Non c'è un metodo software per gestire la luminosità? Un applicazione o qualcosa?

-------------------------------

It doesnt' boot...It gets stuck on the same line of which I attached a picture in the first page of this topic.

I booted with DSDT=No and I had to remove that file.

Isn't there a "software" way to increase/decrease screen brightness? Like an app or something?

E' un problema di framebuffer, prova questo, sia con GE=No che Yes

Stessa procedura precedente se non arrivi al desktop

---------------------------------------

Is a framebuffer problem, try this with GE=Yes or No

Same process as before if you do not get to the desktop

DSDT.aml.zip