clover install method for non UEFI GPU

david_osx

6 posts in this topic

I have sabertooth x79 and unfortunately stupid zotac is not offering any UEFI bios update for my gtx680 4g that i bought okt 2012 for 750 dollar :/ and I’m not willing to just buy a new gpu after 2years and sell my gpu for more then half the price.

I know i should have gone with asus model 2g or gigabyte but the 4g on zotac made me go for it without thinking about the UEFI support etc..

Anyway i would like to try out clover but since i can’t boot in UEFI mode with my sabertooth x79 I would like to make a install guide specially for my hardware using clover EFI not sure if that is right... and hope some of you guys can help me

Im interested in making the guide as vanilla as possible and really interested of the EFI partition so I can have everything there and update and upgrade as i wish.. so much easier to have everything on that EFI partition and never have to reformat the entire drive or worry about the main installation partition.

So guys if you have similar hardware like mine (sabertooth x79 - 3930k cpu - GTX 680) please feel free to post in this thread for making an easy guide as possible for beginner that explain what to choose when making a clover install for 10.10 or 10.9 with non UEFI boot possibility.

What is the benefits and difference between making that install vs the UEFI boot etc..

I know some of the steps.

Bios Settings

1. Boot in to BIOS. 

Regular CSM in the BIOS not UEFI only.

Change Secure Booting from Windows OS to Other OS.

Save and Restart.

2. Download Mac OS X 10.10  OR  10.9

3. Prepare usb stick with at leas 8gb.

open disk utility and choose the usb stick and format it with 1 partition using GUID partition mapping.

Format to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). done

4. Download clover package and now I would like to know what settings to choose for NON UEFI install method.

5. time for booting the usb stick for installation.

boot flag  for LGA 2011: -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000

6. format the partition you are going to install system to using Disk Utility like above.

7.Restart once the installation is done and boot from the usb stick again with these boot flags..

-v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1

not sure if that applies to clover install method and therefor I’m going to change the guide once i get the missing parts from you guys.. Thanks

Hello

Maybe i can be wrong, but... i never saw GPU UEFI or GPU non-UEFI.... as i never saw CPU UEFI and CPU non-UEFI

Your mobo is UEFI, and UEFI is a advenced Bios, this is include in Chipset of mobo...

You can enable UEFI in your Bios options... some mobos has only UEFI option  not allowing change to legacy_mode

For your Zotac 4G UEFI GOP issue i recommend flashing it with a similar (reference? PCB) esque like BIOS with GOP-support. Just did that with my second 660Ti last week and worked great. @PimentelX86 when your GPU has no GOP support, CSM can not be disabled from the BIOS. 

For your Zotac 4G UEFI GOP issue i recommend flashing it with a similar (reference? PCB) esque like BIOS with GOP-support. Just did that with my second 660Ti last week and worked great.

Hi aphex6b this is my gpu info and checksum.. http://i60.tinypic.com/10rl4k1.png

you think you could help find som BIOS that match my card.. would be very helpful man

post-70952-0-31447200-1414170108_thumb.png