[deleted]

14 posts in this topic

It looks like In FreeBSD driver AR9300 shares code with AR9565 and to support AR9565 just hardware ids are added.

i tried to look at the atheroes40 code from ida pro.

it has support for AR9300. so wondering if it's possible using hex edit?

hardware id in info.plist is used to passively identify the driver.

inside probe/init method inside binary file there may be it's expecting some kind of property/hardware functionality that we are not aware to actively identify the driver. who knows it could be due to any of other base class overridden functions fail.

i hope hex edit will work and add functionality.

Also i am looking at FreeBSD code to identify what modification was done to support AR95 & AR94 series.

Also I know coding but i am learning driver development. :)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Since a week I'm working on my notebook again. I wasn't able to change the Wifi-Card, so I wanna try to get the build in card working. It is a

Atheros AR9565
DevID: 0036 VendorID: 168c

I have tried to get it working properly with Clover On-the-Fly pathes by injecting "addDTGP" and "fixAirport" in Clover Configurator. When I wan't to boot up the machine, I get a black screen. But it only happens with these changes. I've red multiple times, to write the devID and the Vendor ID into IO80211Family.kext, but how can I do this?

And then some people said, that you can patch the DSDT for using the wireless card. Does anyone know how to do so? Last but not least I could use the FakeID Function in Clover, but does this work to get it working? If there is no way to get it working, i will have to buy a AR9280...

Greetings

M4RWiN

Hi M4Rwin

try this link

i was try and  work for my wifi card ar9565 on my dell 5458 with a10 bios update

very simple just download kext from description install with kext wizard and reboot