[Guide] Surface Pro 1st gen Yosemite clean installation

JahStories

380 posts in this topic

Hello hkoivuneva,

No I have disabled secure boot control, otherwise I wouldn't be able to boot into Clover or not ? But I have the option above secure boot in the Bios enabled, it's called Trusted Platform Module. Could that be the reason ? And I created the USB drive with the latest version of Yosemite from the AppStore, could that be the reason ?

Thanks for your help !!!!!

• Like 1

Hello hkoivuneva,

No I have disabled secure boot control, otherwise I wouldn't be able to boot into Clover or not ? But I have the option above secure boot in the Bios enabled, it's called Trusted Platform Module. Could that be the reason ? And I created the USB drive with the latest version of Yosemite from the AppStore, could that be the reason ?

Thanks for your help !!!!!

Ohh.. It could be! If I remember right I had to turn both of them off, and also Windows Fast Boot because it was causing some weird problems! I don't have the SP1 anymore though so can't test, sadly. Cheers!

Edit: which efi drivers do you have in the USB drive? Is OsxAptioFix present? Which boot flags do you have when starting up? The error means it can't find something in the drive... How large is yours? I had to use a 16GB drive, 8GB drives didn't work!

Try these :http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298491-stuck-at-still-waiting-for-root-device/

Ok thanks so much for your help !!!!!! I will turn off the Trusted Platform Mode and try it with a 16 GB Drive, mine has only 8GB at the moment. But into the efi partition on the drive I copied only fakesmc and genericxusbhi kexts, just like the guide says. I also tried it with all the kexts that are in the file package copied to the drive, didn't work either but I'm not sure if OsxAptioFix is part of them. I will test all that today or tomorrow and will tell you if it worked. Thanks !!!!!!!!

• 6 months later...

Hi, I've had OS X Yosemite installed on my Surface Pro for the last few months and everything has been working perfectly. Last week a new security update became available in the App Store (Security Update 2016-004). I would like to know if anyone else has installed this and if so can report if its safe to install, as the last security update stopped my sound working and I had to reinstall the audio kexts. Any advise will be much appreciated, thank you.

• 2 years later...