[Guide] Surface Pro 1st gen Yosemite clean installation

JahStories

380 posts in this topic

Clean install OsX 10.10 on the SP1

2yoqsd3.png

Visit MyBlog Claude's Tech

NO SUPPORT IF YOU USE OTHER GUIDES, METHODS OR FILES PACKAGE.

FOLLOW THE GUIDE STEP BY STEP, WITHOUT EXTERNAL SCREEN OR OTHER DEVICES CONNECTED.

NO "EXTRA CARE" NEEDED, DO NOT MODIFY THE CONFIG.PLIST OR OTHER FILES.

Since in Life history is a really important thing,

take your time to read the "old" Maverick Guide and the "old" Yosemite dp & beta Guide.

you could just learn something new.

^_^ 

Please don't post parallel guides.

if you want to improve something just write me a PM and i'll be glad to cooperate.

Take your time to update your signature

you can use this as reference, just change the bolded text with your actual configuration.

Microsoft SurfacePro 1 OS:Windows, Android Cpu:u4000 Gpu:HD4000 Ram:4gb 1333  WiFi:external usb SSD:128gb

Issues:

v0.2 NO SLEEP, NO INTERNAL WIFi, BLUETOOTH & NATIVE AUDIO

v0.2.5 NO MINIDISPLAY OUT NO INTERNAL WIFI, BLUETOOTH & NATIVE AUDIO

v0.3 NO INTERNAL WIFI, BLUETOOTH & NATIVE AUDIO

v 0.4 NO INTERNAL WIFI & NATIVE AUDIO

v 0.5.1 NO INTERNAL WIFI

(USB WIFI IS OK)

This guide can cause:

Solar eruptions, Solar eclipse, lunar eclipse, random surfacepro explosions.

we are not responsable of none of this, i just can't be su sure about solar eruption 

just joking, try to have fun 

;)

Read the thread post by post before asking for help or everyone is gonna hate you, truly.

Remember that if you have issues, you probably just did something wrong.

This guide is totally free, so say thanks, no criticizing allowed,

you don't like it, you don't use it.

Devices:

8gb Pen Drive

A Vm a Mac or another Hack 

a Surface Pro :)  

Files:

latest GenericUSBXHCI from here

latest Clover from here

SurfacePro V0.5.1 files Pack

Yosemite Installer (placed in the Application folder)

Part 1: 

Creating the Usb Installer

"How to" Usb installer Video Guide

Things are really getting easier, this time we just need a couple of steps to create a bootable pen drive.

We need something with OS X already running on it to create the Usb installer, even a VM is ok.

Then after formatting the Pen drive with Disk utility and naming it "install" with the Yosemite installer inside the Application folder just open the terminal and paste this:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction

when done, install the latest clover to the pen, choosing efi installation.

The Efi partition will automatically mount,

copy dsdt & ssdt files to efi:clover:acpi:patched

config.plist to efi:clover

and fakesmc and genericxhci to efi:clover:kexts:10.10

That's it for the first part. :D

Part 2: 

Install Yosemite

disconnect every device or screen

Even this is really simple,

with the Usb device we created on step1 inserted, 

press and keep pressing volume down while pressing power, this will force the tablet to boot from usb

At the clover welcome screen go to options and with the usb highlighted in Clover press space and choose kext injection.

When the installer boots use disk utility to plain format the whole drive using guid (under options) and mac os extended journalized.

Proceed the Installation like a real Mac.

Part 3: 

First Run

SafeBoot with injection.

Again with the Pen inserted,

press and keep pressing volume down while pressing power, this will force the tablet to boot from usb

At the clover welcome screen go to options and add -x as boot argument then with the local drive highlighted in Clover press space and choose kext injection.

when booted, after the welcome screens, install clover to the local drive drive always choosing efi mode, then copy config.plist, dsdt and ssdt to local efi.

Use KextDrop to install all the kexts.

(do not place the kext manually!!)

(omit AppleFrameBufferCapri if you experience glitches, thanks VampireHunter_D)

Install touchbase demo driver, or if you bought it install your copy.

Good to go... 

Part 4: 

There is no Part 4

Just boot normally without injection & safe mode.

Have fun!

:)

• Like 3

In this demo video, you use a touch base ¿Doesn't it? It's the demo versión or purchased one. Exist some free app to do some similar with out pay?

Your Edup Wifi Dongle works well on 10.10? 

Now, I'm editing my signature...jajaja

• Like 1

Thanks for editing your signature. :)

The demo video was not filmed on a SurfacePro,

btw if i catch'd your question, no, even if pen and touch are partially working (one point left click only) there isn't any freeware multi-touch driver yet... and the wireless usb adapter is working pretty good. ;)

@m0ngr31

battery life is similar and sometimes better than on Windows 8.1

@Amethyst

yes you can install osx and even the bootloader on a sd card, but performances are not gonna be the same as on the local SSD and you have to get the fastest sd card you can.

Good hack!

Hi all,

Anyone experiencing display glitches? Not sure if this is QE/CI problem but display flashes when logging in, scrolling webpages, and using mission control.  This is a fresh install and I tried reinstalling framebuffercapri kext from 0.5.1but still no luck.  (About this mac shows "Intel HD 4000 ,,,, 512mb")

Everything else such as sound seems to work.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

@josh

the video is just a demo, as suggested always use the latest version of clover.

and even the latest version of GenericUsbXhci. :)

Files:

latest GenericUSBXHCI from here

latest Clover from here

SurfacePro V0.5.1 files Pack

Yosemite Installer (placed in the Application folder)

@macray

if its not working,

you are doing something wrong with the files,

prepare the usb efi partition and then the local one as showed in the demo video, then kextdrop all the kexts.

@streilu

there is no need to do anything like changing id, just copy all the right files, and remember to boot during all the 3 parts safely and with kext injection. 

Hello again. I am missing your "whats working and whats not"-Part in your 1st post. could you... please! And the Fontsize in the upper part... "Devices..."  (are you working as an optician and looking for some customers?! :D)

...you speedo !!! Thanx.

• Like 1

[surface2pro first rev, 512gb, 8gb]

Hi. I know this thread is for Surface Pro 1st gen, but just in case somebody can give me some advices how to proceed? 

I managed to fresh install Yosemite final using "Pokenguy SP2 10.9 10.10 DP1 Guide: supported by Pokenguy".

After installed using Pokenguy method and files; I have installed latest clover v2953. Then used Pokenguy config.plist and kexts, plus bluetooth support kexts Mavericks. And I was able too boot perfectly.

Now, after all of that I tried using Mavericks install DSDT and also config.plist, but then Yosemite stopped booting with no visible errors or anything, just hangs for ever at some point... So, the only way to boot and having basic stuff working was without any patched aml file, and Pokenguy Clover config.plist. Seems to be working good anyways. The only issue I see so far is the Battery status not showing, and also the internal Fan is flying all the time! Any advice?

Thanks for all... 

Hi all,

Anyone experiencing display glitches? Not sure if this is QE/CI problem but display flashes when logging in, scrolling webpages, and using mission control.  This is a fresh install and I tried reinstalling framebuffercapri kext from 0.5.1but still no luck.  (About this mac shows "Intel HD 4000 ,,,, 512mb")

Everything else such as sound seems to work.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I am having the same problem. Oddly enough it only seemed to start happening after I added the modfied framebuffer, backlight, etc.  kexts to S/L/E . Before that however even with kext injection from Clover my boots were spotty at best with the video not loading at all. If I figure anything out I will let you know. Please share if you find anything as well.

I am having the same problem. Oddly enough it only seemed to start happening after I added the modfied framebuffer, backlight, etc.  kexts to S/L/E . Before that however even with kext injection from Clover my boots were spotty at best with the video not loading at all. If I figure anything out I will let you know. Please share if you find anything as well.

Got rid of the glitchyness. I ended up installing all the kexts from the 5.1 surface package to S/L/E except for AppleFrameBufferCapri which I rolled back to the default. At startup there is a quick glitch during the Apple Logo and progress bar, but nothing after log in. So macray, try installing the original  AppleFrameBufferCapri and see if this helps. Note I have everything in S/L/E now so I do not need to do kext injection.

@VampireHunter_D & MetalFish

Please take your time to edit your signature, thanks!

@VampireHunter_D

Thank you even for sharing your solution! (i've added a reference in the guide)

About the weird second stage boot, try using the "blackIOGraphicsFamily" on this post, that should fix it...

In the next files package update i'll post a new config.plist with an "onthego" patch. :)

Hey JahStories, nice work!

Sorry for little OT, but I wonder if you know something about a SP2 guide.

As far as I figured out the sp1 easy install way is moddable even for sp2? Or we still use pokenguy one starting from your previous version (developer preview sp1)?

thanks!

This topic is about the first gen,

btw Yosemite should work like Maverick On the Sp2....

but i just don't have it so it's hard for me to provide support or make a guide.

If you guys want to discuss about 10.10 on the Sp2 just open a new topic :)

Good hack!

p.s.

please edit your signature. 

I just upgraded my beta install all the way through Beta 6 to get to the release version of Yosemite.

I also modded the 0x01660009 platform id in AppleIntelFramebufferCapri to support external monitor. I feel that 0x01660009 with the modded kext works better than the 0x01660004 platform id injection. 

For some reason though my audio is always glitchy

Edit: got the audio fixed

Used this for audio. We have a ALC 280.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/

Also needs a DSDT patch for layout 3. Now i get a glitch free audio.

the dsdt is already patched for the right layout, and works with the provided patched AppleHDA (already a Yosemite version)  just don't install voodoo & hda disabler.

maybe something messed out since you did not clean installed...

about the external screen support, i tested your kext and you are right it works well with *009 instead of *004, in the next files package release i'm gonna add config.plists and patched kexts for both platform ids... :)

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks for your continued support for the forum.

You are probably right about the audio. Not sure why only mine sounds glitchy. But got it taken care of.

Now i have iMessage working too after making sure all the IDs are setup correctly. I did have to call apple once everything was configured to remove the block on my apple id. Good thing i also have a Macbook Pro retina that i used to contact them.

I have the binary patched AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext from the release version of yosemite. Let me know if you want me to send it you.

I just update the last version of yosemite (the release version) on the Surface Pro.

Works great!

The AppleHDA, ALC 280 don't work

For the Graphics i have another config.plist. Works ONLY after install, do not put it on your pen drive.
Delete the AppleFrameBufferCarpi.text from the surface 0.1.5 zip its {censored}

@jahstories

I have been having the same problem as streilu. I cannot get pass the "booting the installer with the Missing Bluetooth Transport". 

I am new at this and I want to thank you for all the work everyone has put into these projects.

Anyway, I am a noob when it comes to this stuff, so could you possibly be more specific starting with part 2 of the guide? maybe have some pics.. I am stuck!

Best regards.

@wen1

you are free to share it here, just remember to users who are downloading to specify that they are using it when they ask for help. ;)

@jelmo2

I don't understand why you are using a surfacepro 2 config.plist

For the Graphics i have another config.plist. Works ONLY after install, do not put it on your pen drive.

when in the main post there is this warn.

NO SUPPORT IF YOU USE OTHER GUIDES, METHODS OR FILES PACKAGE.

Never mix files, the config.plist on the pack is mandatory to make everything works, you just need to edit the smbios part to achieve AppStore access.

@wen & jelmo

About your audio issue, did you installed eadpfix from yosemite only folder? (using provided applehda)

@kick

post these three screens:

the clover option screen with -x added as boot argument.

the highlighted partition with space pressed screen. (selecting kext inject)

the screen of your stucked boot.