Asus K56CM Sleep/Wake

ggzz

2 posts in this topic

I've been trying for about a week now and couldn't get Wake to work.

First let me say that I installed Yosemite on an External HDD and I have to plug it into a USB port to boot.

Now here's the problem. The laptop goes to sleep perfectly fine. The light on the external HDD (that has the OS installed) turns off as well. It has no problem going to sleep when I close the lid either. It also wakes up fine for 1 second. After that, everything freezes. I can't click anything.

I can move the mouse. I can see it moving. The rainbow spinning circle spins infinitely but I can't open any programs. I can't click anything 5 seconds after wake. I assumed it was because the external HDD went to sleep but I'm not sure. My USB mouse wakes up fine. My touch pad wakes up fine. So does the monitor.

I can't understand why it freezes. I have to hold the power button to reboot because I can't do anything. Not even check the logs.

Any ideas? I've attached my DSDT as well as the ssdtPRGen.sh generated from the gen script in all the tutorials. I have patched my AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext using the AICPMPatch script.

Please help me. I tried really hard ={  Is there a way to stop the HDD from sleeping if that is the cause?

DSDT & SSDT.zip

• 3 months later...