You shut down your computer / you restarted your computer because of a problem

Retsckor

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I have been struggling with this problem for a number of days now. I have a sandy bridge 2500k CPU , sabertooth z77 board and a gt 640 vid card.. Everything is working already except Imessage.. However I keep having the "you shut down your computer because of a problem" box popping up on every boot.. I am using clover , I have the fix shutdown box ticked and the elliotforce and evoreboot kexts installed already... Problem still persists..

Any help would be appreciated..

I jump in this thread from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/301685-clover-issue-with-nvidia%2C-relates-to-shutdown-and-blank-screen-issues

Like I said, for my, I think this problem was with use the audio_cloverALC_command script. I don't use the iGP HD4000, (Intel and Nvidia inject in Clover is off). When I applied this script on my ALC892, I receive this msg box after reboot. My Nvram blame AAPL. I delete the AppleHDA kext patch references in config.plist, move the original AppleHDA.kext 10.10 in SLE , rebuild kexts cache and reboot. I just reboot 1 time and leave for job. In this reboot, I don't receive the messages box after reboot. I need to test more if this fix is persistent in time

I forget, clean my nvram before reboot. My system is UEFI only

I jump in this thread from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/301685-clover-issue-with-nvidia%2C-relates-to-shutdown-and-blank-screen-issues

Like I said, for my, I think this problem was with use the audio_cloverALC_command script. I don't use the iGP HD4000, (Intel and Nvidia inject in Clover is off). When I applied this script on my ALC892, I receive this msg box after reboot. My Nvram blame AAPL. I delete the AppleHDA kext patch references in config.plist, move the original AppleHDA.kext 10.10 in SLE , rebuild kexts cache and reboot. I just reboot 1 time and leave for job. In this reboot, I don't receive the messages box after reboot. I need to test more if this fix is persistent in time

I forget, clean my nvram before reboot. My system is UEFI only

Your procedure to patch the HDA kext sounds a bit strange to me.

I patched my 889 yesterday using the up-to-date script audio_cloverALC-100.command

There is a new version out with fixes for Yosemite.

Yes, I use the actual one, when I run it, I have some questions:

ALC892 (y)

Audio-ID(1)

HDMI (no)

Audio-ID(1)

I am not near my computer, I don't tell the exact question. But I my bug is related with the HDMI question

Sorry for typo, iPhone...

Your messages box are before or after the patch?

The procedure I have wrote is to disable the sound patch to try have boot with no error, like before.

Yesterday, I have reinstalled Yosemite. All was perfect before the patch, except iMessage. I need to call apple to unlock the account.

When you have the messages box, if you type nvram -p in terminal, do you have AAPL error?

SOLVED THE PROBLEM. after doing a lot of research. turns out that the clover boot loader really has this bug for certain motherboards.. boot using LEGACY, not the UEFI version of clover and the problems are gone. i have everything up and running except Imessage. will have to call apple with a customer code, however my UUIDs, rom and MLBs are constant. will work and update on the weekend!

- you will still have to inject the nvidia kexts though from DP1 if you have a gt 640 to get monitors running after boot screen.

SOLVED THE PROBLEM. after doing a lot of research. turns out that the clover boot loader really has this bug for certain motherboards.. boot using LEGACY, not the UEFI version of clover and the problems are gone. i have everything up and running except Imessage. will have to call apple with a customer code, however my UUIDs, rom and MLBs are constant. will work and update on the weekend!

- you will still have to inject the nvidia kexts though from DP1 if you have a gt 640 to get monitors running after boot screen.

Good to see you got it working. 

For anybody else with a GT 640, and their screens won't come on after the boot logo, the kexts are attached. Inject Nvidia  = No (unchecked in clover configuration utility) 

-How to install kexts

1. Go to /System/Library/Extensions

2. Find all kexts that start with NVDA - backup and then delete from the Extensions folder

3. Download attachment in this post

4. Place all kexts in download on to the desktop

5. Install kexts ---- I use kext(ummmmm)monster - you know what I mean ;)

6. Put the kexts that are now on the desktop back into their folder and save for a rainy day.

7. Open terminal

8. Rebuild kextcache with the following command: sudo kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

9. Restart