Yosemite install hangs and displays multiple apple logos

pedroluna

4 posts in this topic

I have a Quo kickstarter. The update to Yosemite starts followed by a black screen with the apple logo and a progress bar, but then I get this weird screen and I am inclined to think the onboard video graphics just not cutting it. See attached pic. Anyone have an idea of what the fix is? I am thinking I can buy an inexpensive graphics caerd but need someone to conform or deny my hunch. Thanks.

Pedro.

post-1110832-0-54059000-1413860461_thumb.jpg

I have a Quo kickstarter. The update to Yosemite starts followed by a black screen with the apple logo and a progress bar, but then I get this weird screen and I am inclined to think the onboard video graphics just not cutting it. See attached pic. Anyone have an idea of what the fix is? I am thinking I can buy an inexpensive graphics caerd but need someone to conform or deny my hunch. Thanks.

Pedro.

are you using clover? I do believe you should list your specs as well..

No. Not Clover. It was already set to start with Mtn Lion from Ozmosis inside the BIOS and I updated ro Mavericks wirh no issues excépt Imessage and Facetime. Its been super stable, I run Logic X on it and muaic studio apps. No issues there either. I use no graphics card other than the onboard, an ssd drive and 4 8GB sticks amounting to 32 Gbs of ram and. An i7 3770k CPU. If I can only find the solution, I am super satisfied with this Quo Hackingtosh. The multiple logos and the lines may have to so with the graphicsmcars. I am unknowledgeable when it comes to tweaking MACS and OSX world. Please can you ask around maybe someone you know knows the solution. It could be just ading an inexpensive graaphics card. Thanks for the replies guys.